Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meal plan ideas for runs?

• 20-09-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hey folks just looking for some inspiration what do people have to eat or drink on a day to day basic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Depends on what you are looking for and what sort of time/constraints you have.

Personally I tend to have to re heat food quite a bit (eating dinner in work etc)

As a result batch cooking works well for me using slow cooker overnight

Homemade chilli - Plenty of veg
    Kale, Chickpea and Sweet potato Curry
    Stir Fries

For lunches similarly try to make up good hearty salads - Kale, beetroot, apple Mangetout ,nuts, quinoa/lentils/cous cous.

If I am trying to make one that will last for a few days will tend to make a slaw out of it (vinaigrette with shredded lettuce, carrots etc) tends to get better as a week goes on as the dressing breaks down the veg) have with a tin of tuna and you are good to go

Breakfast's generally porridge/peanut butter and blueberries. Tend to make Banana pancakes at the weekend (mainly for the little lad) - Banana, egg and porridge oats to make up the batter.

This is a pretty good channel for idea's
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQOQ3RxX_o-B-68wSKdcfMQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Hey folks just looking for some inspiration what do people have to eat or drink on a day to day basic?
    Your using myfitnesspal. Focusing on calories and food quality can be hard. Don't forget to log beer/wine as that often means more than the food.

tbh the most important thing I found was a digital scales. I would weigh my plate, then zero it out. Then put the dinner on it. Honestly most people can open a normal balanced diet if they exercise the proper portion control.

I would have 450 grams for dinner max no matter what it was. Porridge is great, it may seem high in cals but it gives you a lot of energy and fills you up. Even better if you soak it overnight.

So keep it basic, if you scanning a barcode with mfp it probably ain't great. Monitor your water intake. Often people can think they are hungry when they are thirsty.

Keep it as simple as possible.

Complex carbs

Advertisement