Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hoaxesssss innnnn Spaaaaaace

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

greenspurs wrote: »
    A very good way of describing it.

But, if it was that easy, Why hasn't anyone been back ? :confused:

(Im not trying to be a wise a$$)

We choose to go to the Moon, and do the other things, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Happened to randomly watch a yt clip yest evening which laughably said when the LM landed there was a period of time were the astros chatter was picked up by ham radio back on earth

And the Astros supposedly mentioned menacing huge alien ships watching them

And Yet ...yet....

They immediately climbed onto the lunar surface and did the moonwalk as was the original plan !

And also sent multiple missions back to the moon!

So we are supposed to believe that they saw the menacing alien ships but just completely ignored them?!?

Bunch of loons

Also there are conspiracy theories that the Apollo astronauts took still photos and film footage of UFOS and a supposed alien base on the moon and that NASA have covered all of this up for the last 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I know part of the chatter was about how big the mountains and craters were on the moon and Buzz I think mentioned something along the lines of “wow there’s a huge monster one”. Referring to a mountain range.

Not ufo spaceships!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I know part of the chatter was about how big the mountains and craters were on the moon and Buzz I think mentioned something along the lines of “wow there’s a huge monster one”. Referring to a mountain range.

Not ufo spaceships!

It stuff like this that make people wonder. He got very excited over a rock? Claims there a monolith on mars moon and claimed the universe or god put it there? Take it for what it is.

Buzz has often said a strange light followed them 21 seconds of this video.

It was claimed and there no real evidence for it when they landed there was a ufo in distance near a crater and they recorded it but Nasa kept the footage and never released it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It stuff like this that make people wonder. He got very excited over a rock? Claims there a monolith on mars moon and claimed the universe or god put it there? Take it for what it is.

Buzz has often said a strange light followed them 21 seconds of this video.

It was claimed and there no real evidence for it when they landed there was a ufo in distance near a crater and they recorded it but Nasa kept the footage and never released it.
    These are a combination of lies and misrepresentation.

When he was refering to the object on the Martian moon, he was not at all claiming thar it was alien in origin. That is a dishonest misrepresenation on the part of conspirasy theorists.

In the second video, Aldrin himself clarifies that the object he saw was part of a stage from Apollo.
    That part was editted out by dishonest conspiracy theorist.

Your third claim about Nasa withholding footage is simple fiction.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    These are a combination of lies and misrepresentation.

When he was refering to the object on the Martian moon, he was not at all claiming thar it was alien in origin. That is a dishonest misrepresenation on the part of conspirasy theorists.

In the second video, Aldrin himself clarifies that the object he saw was part of a stage from Apollo.
    That part was editted out by dishonest conspiracy theorist.

Your third claim about Nasa withholding footage is simple fiction.

All i said is he claimed there is monolith on the Mars Moon ( think he referring to Phobos) and it created by the universe and god and people don't know about it. Just saying it very weird to be excited about a rock feature, what makes it so special like to know? Nasa claims its a common surface feature. Yes he never said was alien in origin, i agree.

Buzz often made contadictory statements about this event. He claimed it was the S4B and its panels. Houston actually told him the S4B was 6000 miles away. He could not have seen it. Of course it could be something else that came lose off the craft. All it was is a light the saw so it clearly can not be identified as alien. I agree there more to this story that video did not air, but all he saw was a UFO- could be anything.

Not my claim it made by others in the ufo world, the saw craft on the moon.

All i said is he claimed there is monolith on the Mars Moon ( think he referring to Phobos) and it created by the universe and god and people don't know about it. Just saying it very weird to be excited about a rock feature, what makes it so special like to know?
    Because geology and planetary science is interesting without having to introduce fantasy and make believe.
    Nasa claims its a common surface feature. Yes he never said was alien in origin, i agree.
    So why bring it up?
    Buzz often made contadictory statements about this event. He claimed it was the S4B and its panels. Houston actually told him the S4B was 6000 miles away. He could not have seen it. Of course it could be something else that came lose off the craft. All it was is a light the saw so it clearly can not be identified as alien.
    That's a lie. Buzz did not make contradictory statements.
    He thought it might be thd S4B, asked where it is and was told. He then realised that it was one of the panels and not the stage itself.
    Again nothing here.
    I agree there more to this story that video did not air, but all he saw was a UFO- could be anything.
    Why was that part editted out?
    Not my claim it made by others in the ufo world, the saw craft on the moon.
    And it's a lie.

Because geology and planetary science is interesting without having to introduce fantasy and make believe.

So why bring it up?

That's a lie. Buzz did not make contradictory statements.
    He thought it might be thd S4B, asked where it is and was told. He then realised that it was one of the panels and not the stage itself.
    Again nothing here.

Why was that part editted out?

And it's a lie.

Everyone reading this will some background to why I bring it up and why Buzz excitement interests me.

The Soviet Union launched two separate missions to Phobos in 1988 and Russia attempted another mission in 2011. Russian phobos grunt- mission failed outside earth orbit and still is today shrouded in secrecy and mystery. Rumor is was sabatoged and the equipment onboard the probe malfunctioned. Russia media and officials claimed the Americans are involved. Right now there different views about the botched mission and we just leave this, and move on, to explore the soviet missions to phobos moon.

Phobos 1 satellite was lost on its way to Mars, from I remember correctly they lost radio communication with the satellite. Phobos 2 reached Phobos and aligned itself and started transmitting data back to the Soviet Command station. After awhile the Soviets lost communication with Phobos 2 and it was lost. The west media and paper press and skeptics have claimed for years Phobos 2 loss was due to onboard equipment failure and while partily true this is not full story.

The Soviets released images of an object approaching Phobos 2 just before it went dead. Phobos 2 had a black and white camera on board and was sending images back to the soviet command station. Whatever it was- according to the Soviet Scientists who were involved an object came up from the surface and headed in the direction of their probe and then it went silent. Those images got leaked or released after the fall of the Soviet Union and can be seen online

Since this monolith on very same moon, it raises some questions as to why it actually could be and we need to go back and have another look. It might be just a surface rock feature, in the end, but i have seen some pictures and it is odd looking thing sticking up from the surface..

S4 and panels would have separated at the same time. Where they were at the time they saw the light outside the window, is important. When Buzz saw the light I believe Armstrong asked Houston how far away is the S4B from us and he got reply of 6000 miles. How long would it take the SB4 travel 6000 miles and there we may find an answer if it was panels or not? With this event i not claiming an alien ship was following them and just saying its a UFO, They saw a light and buzz and the crew found to be interesting. I not ruling out a mundane explanation for the light they saw outside their window.

Buzz did say it was a UFO they never put words in his mouth to say that. He thinks it may have been the panels- explantation he gave. Is he right maybe and its also possible he not right. I do accept its disingenuous they did not air his explanation for the sighting and you can't do that.

Everyone reading this will some background to why I bring it up and why Buzz excitement interests me.

The Soviet Union launched two separate missions to Phobos in 1988 and Russia attempted another mission in 2011. Russian phobos grunt- mission failed outside earth orbit and still is today shrouded in secrecy and mystery. Rumor is was sabatoged and the equipment onboard the probe malfunctioned. Russia media and officials claimed the Americans are involved. Right now there different views about the botched mission and we just leave this, and move on, to explore the soviet missions to phobos moon.

Phobos 1 satellite was lost on its way to Mars, from I remember correctly they lost radio communication with the satellite. Phobos 2 reached Phobos and aligned itself and started transmitting data back to the Soviet Command station. After awhile the Soviets lost communication with Phobos 2 and it was lost. The west media and paper press and skeptics have claimed for years Phobos 2 loss was due to onboard equipment failure and while partily true this is not full story.
    Again, you are just writing bad sci fi.

The monolith is interesting because geology is interesting. Most people don't need fairy stories like yours to make it interesting.
    S4 and panels would have separated at the same time. Where they were at the time they saw the light outside the window, is important. When Buzz saw the light I believe Armstrong asked Houston how far away is the S4B from us and he got reply of 6000 miles. How long would it take the SB4 travel 6000 miles and there we may find an answer if it was panels or not? With this event i not claiming an alien ship was following them and just saying its a UFO, They saw a light and buzz and the crew found to be interesting. I not ruling out a mundane explanation for the light they saw outside their window.
    The panels where separate from the stage.
    That's what Buzz said he saw. You are being disingenuous.
    Buzz did say it was a UFO they never put words in his mouth to say that. He thinks it may have been the panels- explantation he gave. Is he right maybe and its also possible he not right. I do accept its disingenuous they did not air his explanation for the sighting and you can't do that.
    No, he is right. There's no reason to believe the explanation put forward by disingenuous marketeers.

Again, you are just writing bad sci fi.

The monolith is interesting because geology is interesting. Most people don't need fairy stories like yours to make it interesting.

The panels where separate from the stage.
    That's what Buzz said he saw. You are being disingenuous.

No, he is right. There's no reason to believe the explanation put forward by disingenuous marketeers.

Unfortunately for you we have images of the object approaching the probe and video of the soviet scientists involved in the phobos mission discussing this on video. You guys will not watch this of course and enlighten yourself to real events back then.

When upper stage separated the panels went with it -it one event not two separate events spread over long time and distance.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately for you we have images of the object approaching the probe and video of the soviet scientists involved in the phobos mission discussing this on video. You guys will not watch this of course and enlighten yourself to real events back then.
    Unsourced blurry videos from people you admit are disingenuous in editting to promote a marketable theory is not convincing, no.
    Your claims are entirely fictional.
    When upper stage separated the panels went with it -it one event not two separate events spread over long time and distance.
    This sentence is indecipherable.

Are you claiming to know better than Buzz Aldrin about what is and is not possible about the Apollo missions?

Unsourced blurry videos from people you admit are disingenuous in editting to promote a marketable theory is not convincing, no.
    Your claims are entirely fictional.

This sentence is indecipherable.

Are you claiming to know better than Buzz Aldrin about what is and is not possible about the Apollo missions?

I posted a different video it not same one.

You clueless- the Soviets showed the world an object approached the phobos probe in 1989. They held onto these images and after the fall of the Soviet Union, these images got released or leaked to the wider world public. Either way they are genuine. They are shown on the video provided. You have not taken the time to watch the video.

When the upper stage broke away, the four big panels will break away in different directions at the same time. It one event. It not a distinct separate event that happened during their flight.

I don't claim to know more than him, but Buzz saw a light thats all he knows for sure.

I posted a different video it not same one.

You clueless- the Soviets showed the world an object approached the phobos probe in 1989. They held onto these images and after the fall of the Soviet Union, these images got released or leaked to the wider world public. Either way they are genuine. They are shown on the video provided. You have not taken the time to watch the video.
    Fiction.
    And no, why would I watch a video when it's from a disingenuous industry and you have lied about what's in videos before?
    I don't claim to know more than him, but Buzz saw a light thats all he knows for sure.
    But he said that it was a panel from the lower stage.
    You are saying he's wrong.

Why is he wrong but you are right?
    Where you on Apollo? Have you more training than him?
    On what basis are you concluding he can be wrong?

Fiction.
    And no, why would I watch a video when it's from a disingenuous industry and you have lied about what's in videos before?

But he said that it was a panel from the lower stage.
    You are saying he's wrong.

Why is he wrong but you are right?
    Where you on Apollo? Have you more training than him?
    On what basis are you concluding he can be wrong?

Of course you not watch it, you think you know everything.

It was upper stage that broke off with the panels.

Again ignoring the post i make. Scientists from the Soviet union held a press conference and showed the Phobos images and images of an object was seen approaching just before the probe went silent.

Bull****, the video i posted all i siad was a light followed them and buzz said it was a UFO. Nothing more. If the industry left out Buzz explantation it maybe a human made object they saw thats there business not mine.

Of course you not watch it, you think you know everything.
    No I see no reason to as it will either be disingenuously manipulated like the other video or you are simply lying again.
    Again ignoring the post i make. Scientists from the Soviet union held a press conference and showed the Phobos images and images of an object was seen approaching just before the probe went silent.
    And again, science fiction.
    Bull****, the video i posted all i siad was a light followed them and buzz said it was a UFO. Nothing more. If the industry left out Buzz explantation it maybe a human made object they saw thats there business not mine.
    And Buzz said what it was.
    You are saying that he could be wrong where your explanation, that it's aliens is right.
    Hence you believe that you know more than an Apollo astronaut.
    This would be very hypocritical on your part.

No I see no reason to as it will either be disingenuously manipulated like the other video or you are simply lying again.

And again, science fiction.

And Buzz said what it was.
    You are saying that he could be wrong where your explanation, that it's aliens is right.
    Hence you believe that you know more than an Apollo astronaut.
    This would be very hypocritical on your part.

You calling me a liar and this were ends now. I provided the evidence and if you not interested step away and stop posting. This is all verified. Its a waste of time talking to someone like you.

You're the only person on this forum, who detrails topics. Even i don't agree with Dohnjoe least there is attempt there to actually debate honestly. Bye. I not be responding to you from here on out.

This is all verified. Its a waste of time talking to someone like you.
    None of the stuff you claimed is verified. It's either something you've made up or swallowed whole from another conspiracy theorist marketing to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fobos-Grunt
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_2
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_1
    There is no mention of the events you describe outside of conspiracy theory fiction.
    You're the only person on this forum, who detrails topics. Even i don't agree with Dohnjoe least there is attempt there to actually debate honestly. Bye. I not be responding you from here on out.
    Mm hmm.
    You've said that before.
    You also said you weren't going to post here again...

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2012/01/russians-hint-a.html For everyone else- this what the Russian media and officials said about the phobos mission in 2011. Russians said it got sabotaged just like i claimed.

Phobos 2 mission. Wikipedia really. There video archive of the soviet meetings and the conference and phobos 2 last frame images are online, not disputed or considered fake. On the video i posted there archive footage and the images are shown. Post when you discover the phobos are fake and bet you never will find any skeptical site claiming such a thing.

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2012/01/russians-hint-a.html For everyone else- this what the Russian media and officials said about the phobos mission in 2011. Russians said it got sabotaged just like i claimed.
    Hang on now, you said it was impacted by an alien object. You're changing your story.
    Phobos 2 mission. Wikipedia really.
    Yes wikipedia.
    You are posting random unsourced Youtube videos, one of which you admitted was dishonestly edited.
    Yet you posted it anyway.

Also your above link is not an official source, but some random website by a guy with beef against NASA.

What exactly in wrong with wikipedia?
    Why does wikipedia not mention any of the events as you describe them?
    There video archive of the soviet meetings and the conference and phobos 2 last frame images are online, not disputed or considered fake. On the video i posted there archive footage and the images are shown.
    I don't believe you cheerful. You are both highly credulous and very dishonest and often don't understand many of things you link.
    Post when you discover the phobos are fake and bet you never will find any skeptical site claiming such a thing.
    How can I discover that Phobos is fake?:confused:
    Are you claiming that the martian moon doesn't exist or that the missions didn't really happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I must say I'm finding this thread fascinating. I'm a big fan of space exploration etc. But had no idea about all these bat**** crazy theories.

Way more fun than apogees, max Q's and flight vectors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I must say I'm finding this thread fascinating. I'm a big fan of space exploration etc. But had no idea about all these bat**** crazy theories.

Way more fun than apogees, max Q's and flight vectors!
    I’m overdue for a Kerbal binge. Been a summer for punching trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Overheal wrote: »

Remember, failure is always an option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Overheal wrote: »

What am i missing here - I have absolutely no idea what these words mean!

I assumed Kerbal was a person, but google tells me it's a game, but i'm still lost as to why anyone would be punching trees:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What am i missing here - I have absolutely no idea what these words mean!

I assumed Kerbal was a person, but google tells me it's a game, but i'm still lost as to why anyone would be punching trees:confused::confused:
    LOL

Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Not sure if posted already,... it was mentioned by the OP that the ISS didn’t exist. Here it is accidentally sighted crossing the moon.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1097896933987926022?s=20

That’s very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Fake that clip has already been debunked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

JJayoo wrote: »

What's fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    JJayoo wrote: »

What's fake?

The above post supposedly showing the ISS passing by the moon.

Clearly just a pigeon wearing a hat

Advertisement