Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook accessed

Options
  • 08-08-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

My Facebook seems to be accessed by someone else. I saw it on where you’re logged in on facebooks security section.

I have the IP address is any way I can search who owns this ip? I tried using a IP address search but they only seem to show as belonging to the internet provider.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Hey,

You can take the IP to the guards, who can request what endpoint (router/mobile) was issued the IP at the time and date your Facebook was accessed. Note that the ISP may not release the info unless a court forces them to - this depends on the ISP.
    Realistically speaking though, that's a lot of hassle and a pain in the hole for all involved.
    From talking to guards, they tend to act proportionally to the damage caused. So they may not agree that your better half seeing you sending racy messages to someone else as a high priority, as an example.

Change your password and switch on 2 factor authentication. And don't walk away and leave your laptop/phone unlocked.

It's basic enough steps, but you're only trying to keep out people with basic enough knowledge most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Changing your password should be the first thing you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.howtogeek.com/195430/how-to-create-a-strong-password-and-remember-it/
    The most important thing - never ever ever use the same password for more than a single thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Thanks. Changed my password and added 2 step authentication.
    Bit worrying I suspect that it’s my friends toxic ex as his town is wheres listed on the log. That’s what drew my attention. I haven’t been in that town in a while and wouldn’t have used other WiFi than my mobile internet when there. I’m not really an active user in Facebook I don’t have many friends just family and couple of close friends so I don’t know what he would gain from hacking my Facebook.

Advertisement