Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Table tilting (kinda)

• 18-07-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭

When I was in my late teens early 20's (cannot remember exactly) we tried this thing where the fingertips were placed on a table and the table would lift when you lifted your hands
    IIRC you would have first placed one hand above the table and the next person placed their hand above yours but not touching and so on on til all the hands were in a line above the table.

Has anyone done this? Is there an explanation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

fritzelly wrote: »
    When I was in my late teens early 20's (cannot remember exactly) we tried this thing where the fingertips were placed on a table and the table would lift when you lifted your hands
    IIRC you would have first placed one hand above the table and the next person placed their hand above yours but not touching and so on on til all the hands were in a line above the table.

Has anyone done this? Is there an explanation?

I did this a few years ago and lifted a 13 stone man with little effort.
    Four of us did the hands "thing" and then we all placed one finger each to lift him.
    The man was sitting on a chair.
    One finger under his right thigh,one under his left
    One finger under his right arm pit,one under his left
    We lifted him about 2/3 feet up..there was no weight,it was lifting a balloon!
    We tried it on four different people including myself and lifted 4 out of five people.....no idea how it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There is nothing creepy at all about this.
    So 4 people are able to lift say, a 10 stone person between them.

2.5 stone each....not that heavy really.

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is nothing creepy at all about this.
    So 4 people are able to lift say, a 10 stone person between them.

2.5 stone each....not that heavy really.

Its not creepy but very strange.Its only when you do it yourself numerous times that you see it defies logic and its not just dividing up the weight as you have said as there is also the question of balance....and only using 2 fingers
    look at the balance of weight in this video.Skip to 2 minutes and watch the little girl in the front
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WEMICdYGgk

heres morehttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=finger+lift+challange

Advertisement