Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CS:GO anybody?

• 27-10-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Anybody an active player?

I used to play 1.6 back in school and have just installed CSGO after owning it for years.

Thousands of players....just too many typical Russian kids with crap mic's :D

Need to get a boardsie clan going.

Predator_IRL add me on Steam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Play it a few times a week if I get the chance - great game. Quite like the look of Dust II they brought out last week - surprised there isn't a bordsie clan on the go already? Never looked but will this evening if I'm playing

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Community has gotten seriously toxic I noticed lately. Stopped playing for a few months and came back to get a rank. It's almost impossible to play solo now. DERV_THE_PERV on steam if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Thanks Lads.

They've made it confusing with the XP and rankings etc.

Like I play casual on the reserves maps so I can get back in to it before trying ranked etc.

But I have an old favorite UK server saved...how come no XP is awarded on it? Even though it looks competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

jme2010 wrote: »
    Thanks Lads.

They've made it confusing with the XP and rankings etc.

Like I play casual on the reserves maps so I can get back in to it before trying ranked etc.

But I have an old favorite UK server saved...how come no XP is awarded on it? Even though it looks competitive?

The XP system was brought in to try and reduce cheaters in the game. You have to make rank 21 through XP i think, before you can play on a "safer" set of servers that require a phone to be connected to the Steam ID.It doesn't work. You'll meet hackers regardless. I wouldn't worry too much about that tbh.

I play a bit on community servers also, generally if i was warming up or didn't want to commit to a full game. I don't think XP is awarded in these. Probably because someone could exploit community servers to make rank 21 faster.

Id say hop into a few casual games or gun games and the like and pick up XP that way. Could also try MM. Doesn't really matter if you lose realistically. Just get used to playing again and get yourself a rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fergall

I am an old player who has not played in a while. Guys nice to meet you all here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People who play regularly do you come across many cheaters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Been playing with my son, in casual. Ended up getting him prime as every other game had someone cheating. Since using prime its been very rare. Haven't been playing MM recently so can't comment on it. Can't say i've seen any cheaters in faceit.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

MadYaker wrote: »
    People who play regularly do you come across many cheaters?

The game is full of cheaters. Best to play Facit if you're playing matches as it's not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ericnovel

I still play a lot of CS 1.6. Most of the CS 1.6 audience is over 18 years old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement