Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's just a random huge mirror thing at last year's electric picnic. (i may have flown from nz to ireland to see one of hte bands playing there...) the frame was awesome, it was just heaps of random **** stuck on and painted gold...

here's another pic of it..
    IMAG2741.jpg

and here's some more of my bald pics...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59453974&postcount=719

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh nice, I've never been bald but frequently have had longish hair.

p8130121.jpg

Ooh curly :p
    Two admins in that pic from years ago.

ooh.. <3 your hair. i tried to make mine go curly with the combined effects of sea-salt (from surfing) and not brushing it for 3 months. sorta worked... but then got a bit out of control and it took about a week to get all the knots out eventually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think all I did was use seaweed shampoo before the pic and never ever brush it ever, that helps it have the unwieldy look! Haha, more hair that the rest of the guys in the picture together. So much colder when you cut it off.

seaweed shampoo? never heard of it but love the sound of it...

meanwhile, my plan now is to keep growing my hair and not brushing it until i can put dreads in it. which, given the getting tossed around by the ocean thing, may not really work as far as the not brushing goes, but we'll see...

• Advertisement

seaweed shampoo? never heard of it but love the sound of it...

meanwhile, my plan now is to keep growing my hair and not brushing it until i can put dreads in it. which, given the getting tossed around by the ocean thing, may not really work as far as the not brushing goes, but we'll see...

It's a "faith in Nature" shampoo, I like the seaweed one. there is a chocolate one too. It's too expensive though, like 6-7e for a bottle, then you have to get the conditioner too for the same price.

Dreads are cool, I know a few people with them and a girl that is good at making them. We await dreads pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Hello!

I'm a vegan as of five years ago and i was a vegetarian for a year before that, many of you know what I look like, for the rest of you you're going to have to use your imagination as I'm not posting a pic of myself on the internet!

Also: Darren wtf I thought you were about 20!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

-lala- wrote: »

Noooooo!! My secret is out once more...if it wasnt for this thread i could be fooling people everywhere!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

My name is Alison, I'm 19, live just outside Cork city.
    I've been a vegetarian around 3 and a half years now and hope to become vegan one day.
    I go to UCC, just finished my first year in arts, doing english, geography, art history and philosophy.

And just because I'm all excited and my Offspring ticket arrived today, here's a pic...
    camera101.jpg

Hello!

I'm a vegan as of five years ago and i was a vegetarian for a year before that, many of you know what I look like, for the rest of you you're going to have to use your imagination as I'm not posting a pic of myself on the internet!

If you don't show them, they'll jsut picture you as lala, the teletubby!
    lala.jpg

Luckily I;ve met you(well not lucky for you), because unless I see somebody, I picture them as avril lavigne and stalk them. :p

Welcome to the thread Alison! Partial to the offspring back in the day, love the 'want you bad' video hehe.

• Advertisement

We await dreads pics.

and i await hair growth. was supposed to get them done in ireland during my electric picnic visit, but just sorta ran out of time.

great pics everyone, im loving this wee intro thread :)

great pics everyone, im loving this wee intro thread :)
    Ye I like it too, masterofnothing and lots of pretty veggie girls. High 5 darren. :p

I'm NOT a yellow teletubby!

*stamps foot*

Tempted to find a vid of lala stomping ground hehe.

We know you are not <3

Ye I like it too, masterofnothing and lots of pretty veggie girls. High 5 darren. :p
    Fixes borat voice *ahem* Hi Five i like!!
    I'm NOT a yellow teletubby!

*stamps foot*
    But what! what? how can you do that...shattered the dream you did...could have went on pretending you are famous for a while longer but noooo!!:P

Say hello to Po for me!

clearly a yellow little miss, if anything...

*sigh* I'm not a yellow anything, I'm a person!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OOOOOOOh an introduction thread.

Hiya *waves* pleased to meet you.

Nice to meet you Helena, tell us a story?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Well hello there every body!:D *Frantic waving!*

So now that I've made everyone uncomfortable. I'm Fugly and I've been veggie for ~10years. Raised by parents who ate very little meat and I never really cared for it. I never ate much meat and ate no veg then to lose weight I forced myself to try them :p, taking up a veggie diet unintentionally.
    I'm 21, female, studying Science in Dublin. I am a total dairy whore and proud. :cool:

I don't post pix online sorry.

Nice to meet you Helena, tell us a story?
    :)

Ok, I'm 24 - OMG 25 sorry. Veggie since I was about 12, but did fall off the band wagon about 3 years ago for a year. Was not worth it, I felt guilty every time I ate anything!

My main reasons for being veggie are moral ones, I hate the idea of farming, cages, miserable lives. It's not necessary and very cruel. I'm not vegan, but I do limit my intake of dairy, this is again guilt about veal calves etc.

Really upset I missed the last meetup. I'm a bit shy so I chickened out. :o Maybe the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I'm pretty shy myself, I nearly chickened out too, but the thoughts of it are much worse than the actual meet up, everyone is a bit nervous/awkward at first then it quickly disapears and everyones chatting like they've know each other for ages.
    Make sure you come to the next meet up as lots of people want to meet you and its fun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yes indeed biZrb! It is indeed daunting to meet new boards people, but once you do it's great! Because now I can put a face to the name posting :) Looking forward to the next one, but some one is gonna have to help sway the vote for whichever day. A great excuse to indulge in some delicious vegan food with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

So perhaps to get to know everybody that frequents here and to help everybody recognise each other for future boards meets we will have this picture and info sticky. So you can put pictures of yourself here, description of your diet, age, location, career, whatever and how much you are comfortable sharing, no more! Feel free to post updates or new photos too, whatever you want.

Always thought you were female! :eek:

Anyway, I think I'll join in.

I'm Michelle, I'm 19. Live in Dublin at home still. Haven't been vegetarian that long, about 6 months or so. Have no plans to stop anytime soon though :)

Currently in NUIM studying French and Geography. Have to spend at least 3 months in a French speaking country to get my degree so I plan to move to Montreal in October 2010, hopefully! Just to live though, not to study. Well, that's the plan for now anyway. Right. Here's me being tired from too much driving yesterday.

Nice to see more new people in here:D To those who found/find it nervous, dont worry about it sure we are only a small group on boards meet up scales, sure the first one me and Tar(a) were at was a site-wide beers with over A HUNDRED there...now THATS nervous haha!

Howdy to the new people, keep it clean and keep it green;)

Really upset I missed the last meetup. I'm a bit shy so I chickened out. :o Maybe the next one.
    Do come along to the next one 25 year old. :P
    Always thought you were female! :eek:
    2ednsiw.jpg
    Anyway, I think I'll join in.

I'm Michelle, I'm 19. Live in Dublin at home still. Haven't been vegetarian that long, about 6 months or so. Have no plans to stop anytime soon though :)

Currently in NUIM studying French and Geography. Have to spend at least 3 months in a French speaking country to get my degree so I plan to move to Montreal in October 2010, hopefully! Just to live though, not to study. Well, that's the plan for now anyway. Right. Here's me being tired from too much driving yesterday.
    Hope you come along to our next thing too, good luck moving to Canada, I would love to go there, I adore the accent and the country looks cool. All the people I've met from tehre have been really nice.
    I understand the driving tiredness, was out for 2 hours in the heat today and my car has broken air conditioning and window, so I can't put it down far or it's really hard to get back up, wrecked!
    Nice to see more new people in here:D To those who found/find it nervous, dont worry about it sure we are only a small group on boards meet up scales, sure the first one me and Tar(a) were at was a site-wide beers with over A HUNDRED there...now THATS nervous haha!

Howdy to the new people, keep it clean and keep it green;)
    That was the best beers ever, so many people, they all thought I was either going to be a hawt lesbian or a 50 year old business man with a briefcase and suit. Haha, was just a 18 year old dude.
    The good thing about the beers was everybody had a pint and then nobody was nervous, and were just running around, meeting all the people you wanted too from the site. I remember making a girl laugh so much she couldn't get up off the floor, was good times. There was somebody that only recognised me when they remembered the "." in the middle of my name and was like, oh of course I know you. :eek:
    Surprised you remembered me from years ago, when I did not remember meeting you! Whoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Hi everyone! :)

I'm 25, veggie since about 6 years ago was never a big meat eater before that though so it wasn't a big transition. Only eat veggie cheese and free range eggs (don't get me started on battery hens!)

Why am I veggie? Used to volunteer a lot for animal rescue and couldnt justify busting my balls getting dogs rehomed then going home and eating a burger, imo all animals are the same (regardless of cuteness/intelligence) and hey were omnivores anyway right? we don't *need* meat ;)

I don't buy the "food chain" argument as if there wasn't as much demand, there would be less supply. Also I question the "nutritional" value of meat pumped full of growth hormones and so on :(

Tried being vegan but am wayy too lazy/bad with food so made myself sick and went back to veggie :( would like to be more disciplined and learn more about alternative protein sources and try again. I'm of the (misguided maybe?) belief that the dairy industry here is relatively ok compared to other places, I don't do dairy when visiting the US if I can help it.

Anywhoo, stumbled upon this forum and have found it helpful so far, so thanks :)

ps. in case theres any confusion, im a laaady!! :D Molberts is my dog, also female but definitely not a lady :pac:

God dammit I was reading it until the end going, alll riggggght, another man. Haha.
    You should come along to our meet on saturday :p

• Advertisement

woooo someone near my own age!

Advertisement