Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPC Connect: "Engineer Access Granted"

• 07-03-2021 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Suddenly in the last day or two - possibly connected to an app update on 4 March - the SPC Connect Android app shows the following info under "Warnings and Information":

(i) Engineer access granted

Any idea what this means in detail and should I be concerned? I'm wondering is it a status that was there all the time and only now the app is actually showing it.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

oceanclub wrote: »
    Suddenly in the last day or two - possibly connected to an app update on 4 March - the SPC Connect Android app shows the following info under "Warnings and Information":

(i) Engineer access granted

Any idea what this means in detail and should I be concerned? I'm wondering is it a status that was there all the time and only now the app is actually showing it.

P.

Usually engineer access granted is done by a user to allow an engineer enter your panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The latest app update (past few days) has started showing this so presumably it’s been in place before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Is that referring to some kind of remote access? (Essentially I'm wondering if this is something I should be worried about or can safely ignore.)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

just turn it off in the user menu, type in your code, menu, grant access and disable engineer access.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Did you ever resolve this? I've tried logging in and out as Engineer but I still see "Engineer Access Granted" in the app and "Engineer Enable" on the panel.

Full reset of the system maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sphinxicus

you can connect to the panel via browser or via spcconnect if you have it connected to the internet. Log in with your normal user account and click the revoke engineer access button. Or just do it via the keypad as @Jnealon mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Weird, I don't have that "grant access" tab in the configuration panel. Logged in to SPC connect as full engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sphinxicus

log in with your normal user account not engineer account. Your "normal" account must have the "engineer" box ticked under the "User Rights - System" section in their profile. This means the "User can grant engineer access to system."

My user account is setup onder the "Manager" profile template but i guess you could amend yours if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

https://ibb.co/9VY6vSb

(Click link for detailed view)

When I connect to SPC Connect it looks very different to the screencaps above and I don't see any way to revoke engineer access.

P.

Advertisement