Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any good games in there for a 7 year old? Bit trip runner sounds like it gets very hard as you progress through the game

Do boards let you post on here even though youre only 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Any good games in there for a 7 year old? Bit trip runner sounds like it gets very hard as you progress through the game

Rekt is a bit of fun, my neice, who's 6 liked it. Don't really think she progressed in it, but straight forward enough, especially for 17 cents

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Nal wrote: »
    Do boards let you post on here even though youre only 7?

Course they do, just look at the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bit Trip Runner is hard and very quickly so. So hard, in fact, that they put up a disclaimer saying ‘this game is very hard’ when you first boot up the game. Runner 2 and 3 tone it down significantly with multiple routes/checkpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Pikmin 3 is 41 quid or 40.99 to be exact from Smyths. Set up account for free delivery. Would get this only I have it, hardly played, on WiiU. Just haven't got round to it. Also, CEX only offering 5 quid for WiiU version. Deprecation!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/top-selling-video-games/pikmin-3-deluxe-nintendo-switch/p/192423

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oh, Amazon shipping Pikmin 3 to Ireland again. They seem to change their minds so often. I'd get it with Smyths, you'd have it in a day or two and support an Irish business. Unless your 5k from an argos ...

Looks like Nintendo finding it hard to shift Pikmin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is Paper Mario like that last Mario game they brought out?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Is Paper Mario like that last Mario game they brought out?
    Bowser's Fury? No, it's an RPG with turn-based combat rather than a platformer.

• Advertisement

Bowser's Fury? No, it's an RPG with turn-based combat rather than a platformer.

Oh thank god I didn't get it, is there any Mario games like that first Switch one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh thank god I didn't get it, is there any Mario games like that first Switch one?

Mario Galaxy on the Mario 3D collection is probably the closest thing to Odyssey.

Other than Super Mario Odyssey (2017) you have two Wii U remakes/updates on Switch: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (2019) and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021). There's also Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020) which bundles Super Mario 64 (N64 1996), Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube 2002), and Super Mario Galaxy (Wii 2007). I think that's all Mario platformers available unless you want to make your own levels and play user made in Super Mario Maker 2 (2019).

Check out gameplay videos on YouTube to see if any of those are what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mario Galaxy on the Mario 3D collection is probably the closest thing to Odyssey.

You'd want to be quick with 3D Collection as it is being pulled from digital distribution this month and no more carts are being produced.

Ah yes it was Odyssey that's it, so a game that plays like that I'd want.

I get that collection so, I hated Mario Maker.

Remember Mario 64 and Sunshine are older games. Still good. Galaxy is an absolute classic. But I think you'll need to play docked as you've got to use motion control and it's much better docked.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21433138/super-mario-galaxy-switch-motion-controls-3d-all-stars

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Remember Mario 64 and Sunshine are older games. Still good. Galaxy is an absolute classic. But I think you'll need to play docked as you've got to use motion control and it's much better docked.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21433138/super-mario-galaxy-switch-motion-controls-3d-all-stars

I picked it up on the way home from Argos THEN watched a review. :pac:

It's going back tomorrow haha. They didn't even fix the old games. Nintendo. :rolleyes:

I may just wait for Od 2. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's going back tomorrow haha. They didn't even fix the old games. Nintendo. :rolleyes:

So you didn’t even play them? Just watched a review, great logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Sunshine is a brilliant game, under rated in my eyes. The only real issue with mario 64 is the camera imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Its worth the price for Mario Galaxy alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FX7Y1N5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_M5460F9WV1A75RRCRDXM

Bluetooth adaptor for the dock for about €10.20 delivered using the code UGREEN28 at checkout.

Can be used to allow bluetooth headphones/speakers for sound. Picked one up for my Skull & co dock as my office monitor has no speakers, so can use a Bluetooth speaker for sound now!

Edit: only this price if you have Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Zelda links awakening €44.99 free shipping on smyths at the moment

Browsers fury looks to be reduced as well...

Super Mario 3D World + BF: 46.40, Amazon de at the moment delivered. Nintendo bargains = a few quid these days :)
    https://www.amazon.de/Super-Mario-Bowsers-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B08HJTLBWR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you disliked SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy - and Mario Maker which is essentially every version of Mario that came before that - video games may not be for you.

I have disowned children for less egregious statements. And I'd do it again.

So you didn’t even play them? Just watched a review, great logic.

I watched plenty of reviews, no I won't play them as they haven't been updated. I assumed they'd have gotten the Crash, Spyro treatment but no Nintendo release 3 roms basically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I watched plenty of reviews, no I won't play them as they haven't been updated. I assumed they'd have gotten the Crash, Spyro treatment but no Nintendo release 3 roms basically.

knock this off please

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Bloody Smyths I hate them Xenoblade Chronicles for €35 andn none in stock that would have been a serious bargain

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    knock this off please

I was asked something, I replied. Calm down.

That 3 pack was €41 in Argos if anyone was looking for me to post a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was asked something, I replied. Calm down.

That 3 pack was €41 in Argos if anyone was looking for me to post a bargain.

No harm in sharing your opinion, the mod note came due to another poster repeatedly using this point and negatively commenting about the 3d collection on it's dedicated thread. Basically decided because he didn't like it no one else was allowed to.

• Advertisement

No harm in sharing your opinion, the mod note came due to another poster repeatedly using this point and negatively commenting about the 3d collection on it's dedicated thread. Basically decided because he didn't like it no one else was allowed to.

I never said that at all and that is quite simply an untrue statement.

I did offer the opinion that it was a cash-grab with minimal effort put in and that more effort had been put in by the amateur modding scene to update some of the obvious flaws in the very dated software e.g. Mario 64 camera etc

sad to see Nintendo continuing this trend of being as greedy as they think that they can get away with - case in point Skyward Sword

they haven't released any new top-shelf original IP in ages and ages and are obviously saving that to push and establish the switch refresh hardware.

because they had a disaster and loss-making years with the Wii U they are seeking to milk consumers when then can

Advertisement