27-02-2021, 16:52   #2446
JamesBond2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo84 View Post
I haven't been able to log into my account from my phone since the 7th of Feb. I installed the app on a new phone, and when I type in my mobile number it tells me "the verification code or phone number you've used is incorrect." I can log in via the web app but that only allows you to add money or view your balance, not send money. I've contacted their support multiple times but keep getting told it's a "technical issue" that they're working to resolve.

That's just not believable - any widespread issues logging in would be resolved within a couple of days as it would hurt their bottom line too much. My guess is they've frozen my account for security or anti-fraud reasons, though I'm not sure why, and they're just not telling me. It's made me realise how untrustworthy the company is. You couldn't possibly keep large sums in a Revolut account if there's going to be a risk of seemingly arbitrary account suspensions and their support aren't going to help.
Thats why you never keep anything over a grand in there, cause you could always lose contrary to what people say here.
Advertisement
27-02-2021, 16:55   #2447
JamesBond2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettod View Post
I think I've had to request help about three times, in the last six months - most recently, today.

Experience with their support has been pretty poor tbh. Having got past their "bot", I find that there staff are not well trained, take ages to reply, and when they do, they usually send some loosely relevant pre-written script, in response to my questions. I then have to go through 10-15 minutes of nonsense, and unnecessary delays, before finally getting sick of the stupidity, and insisting that they put their superior on the conversation. That in turn sometimes takes a while, but ultimately gets you speaking with someone with a bit of common sense, and capability.

Unfortunitely, the end result is always the same - a good 30 mins wasted, and stress levels unnecessarily raised, to deal with something fairly

simple.

preaching to the choir here i had the same experience when trying to deal with fraudulent transactions

Some people wonder why they haven't managed to get Regulator approval, from the Irish Central Bank, as yet - I think it's fairly obvious myself, tbh.

Preaching to the choir here i had the same experience when trying to deal with fraudulent transactions nightmare.
(2) thanks from:
27-02-2021, 20:14   #2448
igCorcaigh

The account balance widget on Android is badly designed, visually, and doesn't update after a transaction.
Poor.
28-02-2021, 09:03   #2449
irishgeo

Anyway to remove cards from an account. Way too many and just want the to use the grey premium one I got when I signed up for a month to buy a car without fees.
28-02-2021, 11:23   #2450
Lucas Hood

Go into cards then click on the card you want rid of and click settings and select terminate card.

I'd keep a spare one , maybe freeze it in app and keep it somewhere safe.
Advertisement
28-02-2021, 17:08   #2451
Mr.S

I’m due to receive a relatively large payment in CHF - am I right in saying that that I only need to provide my standard Revolut IBAN (LT coded) and the payment will be received in CHF and not automatically converted to EUR?

Last edited by Mr.S; 28-02-2021 at 17:11.
28-02-2021, 18:52   #2452
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
I’m due to receive a relatively large payment in CHF - am I right in saying that that I only need to provide my standard Revolut IBAN (LT coded) and the payment will be received in CHF and not automatically converted to EUR?
I'm guessing that you need to go into the app and open a CHF account. Then use that IBAN.
28-02-2021, 18:56   #2453
The DayDream

It might just create the other currency account, I received a refund in GBP and it went into a new pounds account automatically. I never even got any notification for it and wasn't aware it was there at all, sent about 5 emails over 3 weeks to the company i sent the stuff back to telling them I was still waiting for the money when it was there all along.
28-02-2021, 20:59   #2454
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DayDream View Post
It might just create the other currency account, I received a refund in GBP and it went into a new pounds account automatically. I never even got any notification for it and wasn't aware it was there at all, sent about 5 emails over 3 weeks to the company i sent the stuff back to telling them I was still waiting for the money when it was there all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGaggs View Post
I'm guessing that you need to go into the app and open a CHF account. Then use that IBAN.
I already have a CHF currency section on my account, as I previously used it for transactions (never receiving payments though) but the IBAN listed is my general Euro IBAN (coded LT). In the past, there was a local IBAN for CH payments, but this seems to have been removed and only offered to Swiss residents now.

If I provide the LT IBAN, will the payment be received in EUR or CHF, I guess is my question Who handles the conversion?
Advertisement
01-03-2021, 03:00   #2455
Yggr of Asgard

In my experience if you receive a payment in a supported currency it stays in that supported currency.

The did away with different IBANs for different currencies a long while ago and with the move to LT that does not seem to have changed.

I would open a wallet in the currency you expect but I have seen that being done automatically too.

Once you opened the currency wallet and click on the flag next to the balance it will show you the IBAN to use or if there is a local option (like UK) it will display another tab and show you both.
Thanks from:
01-03-2021, 07:27   #2456
Aquos76

Anyone else having issues with delayed transactions more and more lately. It’s been happening regularly for me for nearly a month now. It’s getting quite tricky to keep track of my balance because of it also.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion