Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Public Speaking for Beginners

• 11-05-2016 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

The objective of this group is to help people who have a fear of public speaking and communicating in front of groups. The group meet once a week between 7-9pm close to Smithfield. People can try some of the exercises (which are fun) if they wish to do so, or just attend and watch how the class works. At no point will you be asked to speak or introduce yourself in front of the group unless you want to.

Everybody on the night has some form of anxiety/nervousness that they are trying to overcome. The group is aimed at helping each other overcome certain situations like speaking at work meetings/briefings, giving a presentation, introducing yourself, reading in front of people, best man speech, improving social interaction etc.

New members will be met outside on their own by one person who will be with them for the night. The groups are generally kept to around 6 persons and it is very relaxed and friendly. If you are interested please contact me and I can discuss further and provide the address.

Lastly, it is free and anyone who has previously attended has highly recommended it for helping people of all ages/backgounds. We meet on Monday/Tuesday evenings weekly so come along and give it a go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Sounds good. What is parking like nearby - sorry I'm new to Dublin, even though old! I would love to go even to encourage people with my story from being either drunk or sedated to being, almost, relaxed. The guy who taught me and a lot of others in the 1990s had a phrase which sums it up - its not having no butterflies in your stomach; its getting them to fly in formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 grangegorman

Hi PMBC,

There is free parking out the front and we would love to have you come along, encourage and share your story if you would to! Next class is Monday 16th May. I will private message you the address.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I was curious too to find out if it got off the ground. I thought I might give it a go myself but after discussion here with OH I decided against.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 grangegorman

Hi All,

Yes the group meets every Monday. Check out Meetup and look for Public Speaking for beginners. Next class Monday 18th at 7-9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AthCliathGirlo

Hi there, this group sounds like something I really need, is it still taking place?
    The objective of this group is to help people who have a fear of public speaking and communicating in front of groups. The group meet once a week between 7-9pm close to Smithfield. People can try some of the exercises (which are fun) if they wish to do so, or just attend and watch how the class works. At no point will you be asked to speak or introduce yourself in front of the group unless you want to.

Everybody on the night has some form of anxiety/nervousness that they are trying to overcome. The group is aimed at helping each other overcome certain situations like speaking at work meetings/briefings, giving a presentation, introducing yourself, reading in front of people, best man speech, improving social interaction etc.

New members will be met outside on their own by one person who will be with them for the night. The groups are generally kept to around 6 persons and it is very relaxed and friendly. If you are interested please contact me and I can discuss further and provide the address.

Lastly, it is free and anyone who has previously attended has highly recommended it for helping people of all ages/backgounds. We meet on Monday/Tuesday evenings weekly so come along and give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hi PMBC,

There is free parking out the front and we would love to have you come along, encourage and share your story if you would to! Next class is Monday 16th May. I will private message you the address.

Regards,

Hi there,
    Would you also private message me the address if possible,
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AthCliathGirlo

This sounds great, can you send me the address also.

Me too, even though I didnt make it previously - was commited to voluntary work Mondays for some time

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Would you also private message me the address if possible,
    Many thanks.

I discovered you'll find this on Meetup site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 barnabyjones77

Hi, Sounds good, could you message me the address?
    Thanks

Advertisement