Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2018, 07:16   #436
power pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by adraigh View Post
Thanks for that. Appreciate the reply.

I read earlier in the thread that they use the previous year's P60.
I earned less than 50k gross in 2017 and therefore the P60 indicates that.

Assume they'd still see my income coming into my bank account now and work out that I earn over 50k now?

Just want to be 100% on this

Just apply and find out, I’d rather complete the form and know the answer than speculate
Advertisement
06-11-2018, 22:24   #437
RosyRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie2011 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kildare County Council?
I have applied in Kildare and I am waiting for credit Committee to meet this week. If you need any info, let me know.
08-11-2018, 08:00   #438
DUB924

Just wondering did anyone share their Structural survey with the Estate Agent?
08-11-2018, 13:25   #439
Tazzie2011

@RosyRose.
Thanks for your reply.

We just put an application in 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet.Can you tell me what your experience has been so far?
08-11-2018, 13:26   #440
Tazzie2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosyRose View Post
I have applied in Kildare and I am waiting for credit Committee to meet this week. If you need any info, let me know.
Thanks for your reply.

We just put an application in 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet.Can you tell me what your experience has been so far?
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 14:12   #441
Sam2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles46 View Post
I submitted my application mid-July and its only now with the underwriters and my co-co credit committee meets only once a month so I dont think ill even hear back before Christmas.
I feel like mine is the longest of everyones on this forum. Im so frustrated.
We applied in May. Still waiting to hear back. Was told hould be going to the credit committee in the next 2 weeks
09-11-2018, 10:20   #442
Evenstevens

Does anyone know if for example you were approved for say 200k but you found you only actually needed 180K are you obliged to take the full amount from the council or can you just take what's needed?

Also, if you are approved for this based on salary and you buy a house and then change jobs down the line and your salary is over the threshold is that an issue or is it more about what your salary is at the time of application?

Thanks
09-11-2018, 21:50   #443
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstevens View Post
Does anyone know if for example you were approved for say 200k but you found you only actually needed 180K are you obliged to take the full amount from the council or can you just take what's needed?

Also, if you are approved for this based on salary and you buy a house and then change jobs down the line and your salary is over the threshold is that an issue or is it more about what your salary is at the time of application?

Thanks
You only take what's needed (up to 90% of the purchase price), you'll be under no pressure to take out more than that.

As for the second one - It seems to depend a bit on which council you go to. Some don't ask for any further income details after approval - they wouldn't even find out you had changed jobs. Some do ask for up to date payslips at the time of draw down, but I don't know what the consequences are if you have changed jobs
11-11-2018, 16:50   #444
millieb

Has anyone appealed the decision and how long was it before you got a reply from them thanks
Advertisement
11-11-2018, 22:41   #445
Evenstevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkglasses View Post
You only take what's needed (up to 90% of the purchase price), you'll be under no pressure to take out more than that.

As for the second one - It seems to depend a bit on which council you go to. Some don't ask for any further income details after approval - they wouldn't even find out you had changed jobs. Some do ask for up to date payslips at the time of draw down, but I don't know what the consequences are if you have changed jobs
Thanks for that. I'm going to assume on the second one that you could change jobs. I would think it's unlikely that everyone who gets approved is going to stay in the same job forever esp these days.
11-11-2018, 23:01   #446
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits

Quote:
Thanks for that. I'm going to assume on the second one that you could change jobs. I would think it's unlikely that everyone who gets approved is going to stay in the same job forever esp these days.
Sorry I misread your question, I thought you meant change jobs prior to drawdown. Definitely no consequences of changing job after you've actually bought the house. All the better for the lender if you are on a higher income then.
13-11-2018, 00:18   #447
Cazzums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie2011 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kildare County Council?
I got approved with Kildare and bought my house last month. It’s a long process but had no issues with them!
13-11-2018, 08:56   #448
Evenstevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzums View Post
I got approved with Kildare and bought my house last month. It’s a long process but had no issues with them!
Can I ask how long it took for you to get approval with them?
Thanks
13-11-2018, 19:42   #449
SPurple

Quote:
Can I ask how long it took for you to get approval with them?
Thanks
I am waiting 18 weeks so far with KCC. Was told I will be in the next credit committee meeting this week but have been told that the last 4 weeks and they can't get through the volume of applications. It's so frustrating but there seems to be such a back log!
Yesterday, 23:42   #450
raheny red

We got out letter of offer today :-) - "just" need to get over the probate hurdle now....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion