Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-08-2018, 16:41   #436
Lee3b

Oh my god don't say that ... what county are you with ?
Advertisement
28-08-2018, 16:45   #437
Suzistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavo87 View Post
Hi Suzistar,

Yep was from when I submitted it took almost 7 weeks to go through all the stages. I didn't do any interview just handed in my application to the front desk and didn't hear anything until I received the approval letter.

I'm a single applicant as well.
Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrated. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!
28-08-2018, 16:53   #438
Suzistar

Limerick CoCo - anyone else had any dealings with them? It's hasn't been the most pleasant experience!!
28-08-2018, 18:20   #439
Lee3b

Mine is in 6 weeks but have been advised it will be longer than normal the underwriter is the quickest part apparently that the delay is caused by the councils as they don't hold any meetings in August and they have the final say
28-08-2018, 18:26   #440
Suzistar

Lee3b, what Coco is that with? Ours only went to underwriters 14th of this month and application was sent in in full in April!
Advertisement
28-08-2018, 18:28   #441
Lee3b

We are with kildare that is really bad ours was sent to underwriters the week after and they tell me in the offices its probably back already but they can't look at it until Sept.... Y did it take so long to send to the underwriters did they say
28-08-2018, 19:04   #442
autumnbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzistar View Post
Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrated. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!
Which council is that with? Seems crazy long have they requested more info?
28-08-2018, 19:34   #443
kavo87

Quote:
After submitting my application on the 11th July it went to the underwriters on the 20th July. Then I rang to check up on it's process on the 9th August and had come back from them that week. So that was roughly 3 weeks with them.

19th weeks seems madness. Who did you apply through?
29-08-2018, 01:00   #444
AlmightyCushion

Does any one know what counts as income for this? Is it just your PAYE income or does interest on a savings account or dividends from shares count as well?
Advertisement
29-08-2018, 07:13   #445
Momento Mori

Quote:
Have you tried contacting them to see what the delay is?

I would really advise anyone who is waiting for more than 4 weeks to get on the phone.
29-08-2018, 07:56   #446
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
Does any one know what counts as income for this? Is it just your PAYE income or does interest on a savings account or dividends from shares count as well?
Only income from employment.
29-08-2018, 07:58   #447
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits

Quote:
Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrating process. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!
Definitely, definitely not that long. Was all the required documentation submitted with the initial application? I'd speak to someone in the local authority to make sure it has gone to the underwriting stage, and then when the next credit committee meeting is scheduled for.
29-08-2018, 10:23   #448
lauraITT

It took me 8 weeks to get approved with Kerry coco, had a meeting with them where they told me how much I could apply for. Has anyone gone through the process after approval? I am a bit lost.
29-08-2018, 10:23   #449
lauraITT

It took me 8 weeks to get approved with Kerry coco, had a meeting with them where they told me how much I could apply for. Has anyone gone through the process after approval? I am a bit lost.
29-08-2018, 21:15   #450
Cazzums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraITT View Post
Once you get the loan approval documents in the post you need to contact the council when you have gone sale agreed. They will request the receipt off your initial deposit paid, solicitors details, auctioneers details, mortgage protection form and a valuation report completed. You then have to wait for the councils solicitors and vendors to send your solicitors the contract of sale. You then pay the remainder of the 10% deposit to your solicitor. Once paid and contract signed your solicitor will return this to the council. You then need to open a house insurance policy noted to the interest of the council and send proof of policy and proof of balance of funds to the council so they can draw down the funds.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion