Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2017, 22:37   #61
rcallagh

We're looking at no12 The Cresent. It will be very close to the school with a pedestrian access directly in to back of school. Anybody know how busy/noisy it gets?? Hard to know if parents will drive down this way for drop offs/collections
Advertisement
12-10-2017, 12:59   #62
Jacdub

I imagine the whole estate will be busy at drop off and collection. I guess its just something we'll have to get used too if you want to be in walking distance to the school. The main road is lethal.
12-10-2017, 19:52   #63
Qwer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisstack View Post
Thanks, I found this on there:
http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/North...s/00401501.pdf

We've also put a deposit on a type C and are awaiting the contract.
They are old plans from. Master application
, you need to look at the recent applications you should find the ones thay relate to your area with in rahillion
12-10-2017, 19:54   #64
denisstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwer View Post
They are old plans from. Master application
, you need to look at the recent applications you should find the ones thay relate to your area with in rahillion
I realised after posting that they're old alright - thanks. I'll have another look.

EDIT - this is newer - http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/North...s/00563395.pdf

Last edited by denisstack; 12-10-2017 at 20:20.
17-10-2017, 13:14   #65
raja_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcallagh View Post
We're looking at no12 The Cresent. It will be very close to the school with a pedestrian access directly in to back of school. Anybody know how busy/noisy it gets?? Hard to know if parents will drive down this way for drop offs/collections
We're looking at no 8 The Cresent, I asked the exact question to the builder, he said it was not that noisy even during weekdays, but I would check with someone already living nearby.
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 11:45   #66
Jacinta086

Hi guys,

We're planning to take a look at this development on its next open day.
The 4 beds are out of our budget; so we'll be looking at the 3 bed houses - would you happen to know if the attic is suitable for conversion?
26-10-2017, 09:25   #67
Min89

Hi Jacinta086,

We have bought a 3 bed and it our knowledge the attic is not convertible. There seems to be a lot of steel beams in the attic and I guess that's why you can't.
Thanks from:
26-10-2017, 09:28   #68
Jacdub

Do you know if the attic is floored for the purposes of storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min89 View Post
Hi Jacinta086,

We have bought a 3 bed and it our knowledge the attic is not convertible. There seems to be a lot of steel beams in the attic and I guess that's why you can't.
26-10-2017, 12:13   #69
Min89

I don't know about it being floored. We have just seen the roofs being delivered on trucks and there are a lot of joists. I asked the agent ages ago if they were convertible and he said the builder said they were not. He also said that he thinks nothing is impossible but he is not the builder!
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 12:33   #70
Jacdub

Its probably an extra charge to put MDF on the floor. Just attic space is useless unless it has some sort of floor for storage
26-10-2017, 13:00   #71
denisstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacdub View Post
Its probably an extra charge to put MDF on the floor. Just attic space is useless unless it has some sort of floor for storage
We are buying a 4 bed Type C and in the plans I posted on this thread previously it says there's 2.1 square metres of attic storage. I'm not too sure in what form that storage comes.
Thanks from:
27-10-2017, 10:35   #72
Murrey

It says in the plans that there is a retractable attic ladder. Has anybody confirmed this?
Ideally we would want to convert the attic too but we were told they weren't convertable by the estate agent. Surely all attics are convertable?
27-10-2017, 12:37   #73
Jacdub

Can you post picture of your plans we are buying 4 bed c1 type. I specifically asked about a stira and was told no by the builder. Have it in an email. They're expensive to put in and would have loved if included. Not all Arica convertible as some wouldn't have the head height. But I don't actually think that's the reason in this case. quote="Murrey;105097190"]It says in the plans that there is a retractable attic ladder. Has anybody confirmed this?
Ideally we would want to convert the attic too but we were told they weren't convertable by the estate agent. Surely all attics are convertable?[/quote]
27-10-2017, 12:51   #74
Jacinta086

Some one previously mentioned the planning has height restrictions (due to the Mill) so the houses are probably not tall enough to convert the attic to safety guidelines.
I'm sure you could always convert it for storage, but probably not to a bedroom - which is a real shame.
27-10-2017, 13:05   #75
Qwer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinta086 View Post
Some one previously mentioned the planning has height restrictions (due to the Mill) so the houses are probably not tall enough to convert the attic to safety guidelines.
I'm sure you could always convert it for storage, but probably not to a bedroom - which is a real shame.
5 beds which i presume height resriction would apply to have bedrooms on 3 floor attic space

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion