Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-07-2017, 06:45   #46
Fatcat11145

Hi guys! Can one of you tell me if your car parking space was included in your contact?
Advertisement
12-07-2017, 07:32   #47
23ChaChaCha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat11145 View Post
Hi guys! Can one of you tell me if your car parking space was included in your contact?
It's says in the co tracts all house come with w allocated car parking spaces. If you don't have a drive then on street parking places will be assigned.
12-07-2017, 07:34   #48
Checki0610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat11145 View Post
Some of the houses include a driveway for 2 cars or either no drive but 2 car spots at front of the house, but eitherway both are included in the contract yes
12-07-2017, 07:37   #49
23ChaChaCha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel12 View Post
Houses only come tiled including bathrooms. Management company does have some compliance rules but they mostly apply to the front of the houses or any areas visible to the public eye. For example, you cant just make adjustments to your front door or put a satelitte dish out the front. You have to go through them for any requests like that. The idea is that they want it all looking the same...which isnt so bad i think! Fees are approx 400-500 per year depending on what you are buying, there is a breakdown available if you contact your solicitor and ask!

I think the floors of the bathrooms, kitchen and hallway are tiled. And wet walls of the bathroom are tiled if you want the rest done it's extra.
12-07-2017, 09:34   #50
yannakis

You new hood is now on Waze, and it will be live in the next update, typically a few days. Here's a link to the livemap and a screenshot from the editor:

Anyone knows what is being developed across the road (to the right)?

Last edited by yannakis; 12-07-2017 at 14:11.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2017, 10:29   #51
audi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannakis View Post
You new hood is now on , and it will be live in the next update, typically a few days. Here's a screenshot from the editor:

Anyone knows what is being developed across the road (to the right)?
New road connecting Shackleton to Newcastle Road. This is from the planning docs:

Permission is also sought for the upgrade of c.257m of Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane from the existing junction of Dodsboro Road and Dodsboro Cottages, tying back into Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane adjacent to the former Airlie Studfarm. A new signal controlled crossroads providing access to the proposed residential development will be provided at a point c.143m south of the existing junction of Dodsboro Road and Dodsboro Cottages. The upgraded carriageway of the Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane provision for vehicular traffic, bus lanes and right turning lanes as required and will be flanked on both sides by cycle paths. To the east of the proposed crossroads, permission is sought for a new 6.5m wide road of c.360m in length connecting to the existing road network.
(3) thanks from:
12-07-2017, 10:58   #52
audi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checki0610 View Post
Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?
Yes, there is a small block there, referred to as Block B. Its there in the brochure but it will not be built until later in the development phase. From planning:

8 duplex/apartment units (referred to as Block B) consisting of 4 three bedroom duplexes, 3 two bedroom duplexes and 1 one bedroom apartment ranging in size from 54sqm to 111sqm in a 3 - 4 storey residential block.
Thanks from:
12-07-2017, 11:18   #53
Checki0610

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi5 View Post
Yes, there is a small block there, referred to as Block B. Its there in the brochure but it will not be built until later in the development phase. From planning:

8 duplex/apartment units (referred to as Block B) consisting of 4 three bedroom duplexes, 3 two bedroom duplexes and 1 one bedroom apartment ranging in size from 54sqm to 111sqm in a 3 - 4 storey residential block.

Yea it's just not very clear in the brochure, but I guess duplexes aren't to bad as there isn't many of them either. Thanks for that.
12-07-2017, 14:22   #54
dn2017

Hi,

I put down a deposit on a 3 bed on Shackleton Way back in May.We signed the contracts last week with the solicitor and Hooke & McDonald are telling us the house will be ready around November but I am thinking it could be late December or January before we move in.

Does anybody know if the hall floor and kitchen floor come tiled? I know the bathrooms are tiled but just trying to plan ahead.
Advertisement
12-07-2017, 14:55   #55
Checki0610

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn2017 View Post
Hi,

I put down a deposit on a 3 bed on Shackleton Way back in May.We signed the contracts last week with the solicitor and Hooke & McDonald are telling us the house will be ready around November but I am thinking it could be late December or January before we move in.

Does anybody know if the hall floor and kitchen floor come tiled? I know the bathrooms are tiled but just trying to plan ahead.

Hi,
We put a deposit on Shackleton way in may too just waiting to sign the contracts. We were originally told November and then told January So not sure I would say it will be after Christmas.

The hall, kitchen and bathrooms are all tiled.
12-07-2017, 15:05   #56
dn2017

Quote:
Hi,
We put a deposit on Shackleton way in may too just waiting to sign the contracts. We were originally told November and then told January So not sure I would say it will be after Christmas.

The hall, kitchen and bathrooms are all tiled.

If you don't mind me asking are you the first set of houses been built on Shackleton Way? That's grand just so I know as we requested a few things from the developers and still waiting.
12-07-2017, 15:13   #57
Checki0610

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking are you the first set of houses been built on Shackleton Way? That's grand just so I know as we requested a few things from the developers and still waiting.
No were more towards the end of the road so that could be why they are saying later to us. If your on the first row then I would say it easily could be done before Christmas. The last time we drove up it looks like there is about 4 houses nearly built.

Did you sign before hearing back from there solicitors? Our solicitor requested a few things on the 8th of June and we are still waiting to hear back from them so we haven't signed our contracts yet.
12-07-2017, 15:27   #58
audi5

Quote:
Yea it's just not very clear in the brochure, but I guess duplexes aren't to bad as there isn't many of them either. Thanks for that.
No problem. You are right though that its not very clear, block B is not marked on the brochure unlike block A which has a name on the block Shackleton Hall.
12-07-2017, 16:05   #59
dn2017

Quote:
No were more towards the end of the road so that could be why they are saying later to us. If your on the first row then I would say it easily could be done before Christmas. The last time we drove up it looks like there is about 4 houses nearly built.

Did you sign before hearing back from there solicitors? Our solicitor requested a few things on the 8th of June and we are still waiting to hear back from them so we haven't signed our contracts yet.
Yeah we are the first row so it could be before Christmas. There Solicitors said last Friday was the final date we could sign the contracts so we signed on Thursday. I drive past the site every morning and it look's like the houses are flying up.

We were looking for a layout plan of the sockets but the builders have said they can't put any extra ones in but will send on a layout in the next few days.
12-07-2017, 16:19   #60
Checki0610

Quote:
Yeah we are the first row so it could be before Christmas. There Solicitors said last Friday was the final date we could sign the contracts so we signed on Thursday. I drive past the site every morning and it look's like the houses are flying up.

We were looking for a layout plan of the sockets but the builders have said they can't put any extra ones in but will send on a layout in the next few days.
Oh really, we were originally told we had to sign after 3 weeks but when our solicitor got the contracts he sent them a list of questions back at the start of June and we still haven't heard back. Hooke&MacD have called us asking why we haven't signed but we said we're waiting on them otherwise we're ready to sign. I wonder will they call us now and say we need to sign regardless.

Yea they seem to be going up fairly quick, I'm hoping they don't take longer than 6 months. Did you contact the builders directly for the socket plan? Do we get to make any changes internally or get options for anything do you know since you've signed?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion