Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-11-2018, 08:50   #631
RosyRose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3b View Post
No it came by email just off the lady who I have u the email address of . She jus was letting me know she signed off our loan approval and to expect it in the post she was posting it as she wrote. Only she was so helpful to me is say we would be still writing .. we will not be buying in the new houses in naas town let's just say with our offer but 10 minutes outside of it . So I'm happy and it's still new . Best of luck with its I'm dying to know... has she let you know how much they will be bringing to the commitee juts in case . She did for us and wasn't suppose to .
The same helpful lady told us, we will have decision at the end of September and it looks she was not aware of any existing backlog. No one ever updated us on email or phone for whatever.
RosyRose is offline  
Advertisement
09-11-2018, 10:20   #632
Evenstevens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 125
Does anyone know if for example you were approved for say 200k but you found you only actually needed 180K are you obliged to take the full amount from the council or can you just take what's needed?

Also, if you are approved for this based on salary and you buy a house and then change jobs down the line and your salary is over the threshold is that an issue or is it more about what your salary is at the time of application?

Thanks
Evenstevens is offline  
09-11-2018, 21:50   #633
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstevens View Post
Does anyone know if for example you were approved for say 200k but you found you only actually needed 180K are you obliged to take the full amount from the council or can you just take what's needed?

Also, if you are approved for this based on salary and you buy a house and then change jobs down the line and your salary is over the threshold is that an issue or is it more about what your salary is at the time of application?

Thanks
You only take what's needed (up to 90% of the purchase price), you'll be under no pressure to take out more than that.

As for the second one - It seems to depend a bit on which council you go to. Some don't ask for any further income details after approval - they wouldn't even find out you had changed jobs. Some do ask for up to date payslips at the time of draw down, but I don't know what the consequences are if you have changed jobs
Darkglasses is offline  
10-11-2018, 11:45   #634
Lee3b
Registered User
 
Lee3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
Yeah well we were told we would have an answer in August . Every week there was an excuse . Just keep onto them i was their nightmare I rang every second day and checked was there a meeting . It did give us time to save for furniture but it was a loooong wait . When is there next meeting did she say
Lee3b is offline  
10-11-2018, 12:18   #635
SPurple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3b View Post
Yeah well we were told we would have an answer in August . Every week there was an excuse . Just keep onto them i was their nightmare I rang every second day and checked was there a meeting . It did give us time to save for furniture but it was a loooong wait . When is there next meeting did she say
So good to hear somebody actually got approval! I am waiting since June with KCC. Phoning every Friday and now every couple of days with constantly changing excuses about lack of staff or a question on my application. I was told I'd be dealt with last week for definite and still no word.

Have you received your letter of confirmation by post?
SPurple is offline  
Advertisement
10-11-2018, 23:55   #636
Lee3b
Registered User
 
Lee3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
Hi yes it did come in the post Friday morning ... the only thing is I did get to the stage where ei left voicemails all the time and never got a reply that I get one weekday off work a week and I kept calling in they lost a lot of my paper work on me and they knew they lost it but never rang us to say only I kept going in to find out what was wrong ... they are so understaffed there is only. 3 people in off looking after the whole thing and it's really hard because they are all really nice its so hard when you are so angry at how long it's taking.... if i wer you when you get through again ask for their email it means u have it all in writing and seems to be quicker as they haveto reply
Lee3b is offline  
11-11-2018, 12:31   #637
SPurple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3b View Post
Hi yes it did come in the post Friday morning ... the only thing is I did get to the stage where ei left voicemails all the time and never got a reply that I get one weekday off work a week and I kept calling in they lost a lot of my paper work on me and they knew they lost it but never rang us to say only I kept going in to find out what was wrong ... they are so understaffed there is only. 3 people in off looking after the whole thing and it's really hard because they are all really nice its so hard when you are so angry at how long it's taking.... if i wer you when you get through again ask for their email it means u have it all in writing and seems to be quicker as they haveto reply
Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate that. Fingers and toes crossed!
SPurple is offline  
11-11-2018, 16:50   #638
millieb
Registered User
 
millieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Has anyone appealed the decision and how long was it before you got a reply from them thanks
millieb is offline  
11-11-2018, 22:01   #639
Lee3b
Registered User
 
Lee3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
No problem at all anything else just ask beat of luck I know how stressful it is especialmy after being given this glimmer of hope we never would have gotten of a bank
Lee3b is offline  
Advertisement
11-11-2018, 22:41   #640
Evenstevens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkglasses View Post
You only take what's needed (up to 90% of the purchase price), you'll be under no pressure to take out more than that.

As for the second one - It seems to depend a bit on which council you go to. Some don't ask for any further income details after approval - they wouldn't even find out you had changed jobs. Some do ask for up to date payslips at the time of draw down, but I don't know what the consequences are if you have changed jobs
Thanks for that. I'm going to assume on the second one that you could change jobs. I would think it's unlikely that everyone who gets approved is going to stay in the same job forever esp these days.
Evenstevens is offline  
11-11-2018, 23:01   #641
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstevens View Post
Thanks for that. I'm going to assume on the second one that you could change jobs. I would think it's unlikely that everyone who gets approved is going to stay in the same job forever esp these days.
Sorry I misread your question, I thought you meant change jobs prior to drawdown. Definitely no consequences of changing job after you've actually bought the house. All the better for the lender if you are on a higher income then.
Darkglasses is offline  
11-11-2018, 23:12   #642
RosyRose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3b View Post
Yeah well we were told we would have an answer in August . Every week there was an excuse . Just keep onto them i was their nightmare I rang every second day and checked was there a meeting . It did give us time to save for furniture but it was a loooong wait . When is there next meeting did she say
We got our Form 1 on Friday as well.
RosyRose is offline  
11-11-2018, 23:14   #643
lucast2007us
Registered User
 
lucast2007us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 672
Is this stopping in the new year or is it due to continue for a few years does anyone know?
lucast2007us is offline  
12-11-2018, 11:53   #644
Darkglasses
The King of Rabbits
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucast2007us View Post
Is this stopping in the new year or is it due to continue for a few years does anyone know?
Will be back next year, and likely the year after although possibly at different interest rates.
Darkglasses is offline  
12-11-2018, 13:16   #645
Lee3b
Registered User
 
Lee3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
Brilliant .. do you know where to go from here or how long it takes to get final approval ?? Hope you got what you wanted and can start moving on your house
Lee3b is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet