Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-09-2018, 00:48   #1
areyouwinning

Fear of moving out of college house

Hi,

I’m in my final year of college. There’s 9 of us in a 5 bedroom house, there was 6 but 3 of the lads house fell through.

I’m sharing a room and I have no desk. It’s grand, not overly uncomfortable and doable. But I don’t think it’s where I should be in my final year if I want to get the grades I’m thinking of getting.

I know if I say it to the girls they won’t be impressed, and it may cause hostility. If I move out I know if I visit their house and go out with them and see them in college, they won’t act the same towards me and won’t invite me places.

I know I’m the bigger fool for not realizing this earlier. I don’t know how to go about it and whether to stick it out?
Advertisement
10-10-2018, 20:20   #2
4ensic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouwinning View Post
Hi,

I’m in my final year of college. There’s 9 of us in a 5 bedroom house, there was 6 but 3 of the lads house fell through.

I’m sharing a room and I have no desk. It’s grand, not overly uncomfortable and doable. But I don’t think it’s where I should be in my final year if I want to get the grades I’m thinking of getting.

I know if I say it to the girls they won’t be impressed, and it may cause hostility. If I move out I know if I visit their house and go out with them and see them in college, they won’t act the same towards me and won’t invite me places.

I know I’m the bigger fool for not realizing this earlier. I don’t know how to go about it and whether to stick it out?
Your priority is your degree. Get the best accommodation you can in order to maximize your chances. People might be annoyed in the short term but they will get over it. If they don't they are not worth knowing anyway. You will always make other friends in college.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion