Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Tried the Outlier Airs in work today. Genuinely, they sound as good as, if not better than a pair of wired sennheisers I have. Genuinely impressed.

Pairing is easy, no issues. Haven't tested enough on calls yet to determine an opinion, the couple of tests I carried out were only for a few seconds. Person at the other end said I sounded a little distant. Again, I'm giving some time to test this more.

Overall, I think they're well worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

dulpit wrote: »
    I'd also be interested to hear how laggy they are for watching video?

There should be little to no lag with aptX.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

10% off preorders for the new creative outlier air (10 hours battery life looks sweet!) code OUTLIERAIR
    Free shipping also
    https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air

Thanks for this, caved and finally ordered a pair, the code is still working so eight quid off makes them extremely attractive.

Day 2 - Getting frequent audio dropouts from each earbud. This was very pronounced while out walking, which is somewhat expected. Moving my phone (S8+) from left to right pockets improved the dropouts a little, however it still happened 10-15 times on a 15 minute walk.

I've reset the buds in their case, in order to see if this improved the situation, however it hasn't.

Sitting at my desk today with my phone at arms length away from me, I'm getting 1-2 short dropouts every 30 mins or so. A little disappointing but otherwise, these do sound great. Giving the benefit of the doubt that these are possibly an issue with my set.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Boradriver wrote: »
    Day 2 - Getting frequent audio dropouts from each earbud. This was very pronounced while out walking, which is somewhat expected. Moving my phone (S8+) from left to right pockets improved the dropouts a little, however it still happened 10-15 times on a 15 minute walk.

I've reset the buds in their case, in order to see if this improved the situation, however it hasn't.

Sitting at my desk today with my phone at arms length away from me, I'm getting 1-2 short dropouts every 30 mins or so. A little disappointing but otherwise, these do sound great. Giving the benefit of the doubt that these are possibly an issue with my set.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I'll have mine on Friday and I really hope I don't have the same issues. If I do they'll be going back. The main reason I went for these was because of the supposed rock-solid connection with aptX - drop outs drive me nuts!

• Advertisement

garion wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I'll have mine on Friday and I really hope I don't have the same issues. If I do they'll be going back. The main reason I went for these was because of the supposed rock-solid connection with aptX - drop outs drive me nuts!

Yeah I know, it isn't great. Now I wouldn't worry too much yet, maybe it was some external factor or maybe it's my phone. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I got mine today and used them whilst walking for an hour.

When my phone was in my coat pocket and I had my hood up they were fine connection-wise. The same when my phone was in my back jeans pocket. Zero issues. However, when I had my hand in my coat pocket over/covering my phone, it was breaking up all the time, like unlistenable. No issues without my hand covering it though so will monitor over the next few days.

Really comfy ear-wise though so hopefully it's just my hand blocking the bluetooth signal or something which I can work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

corkie wrote: »
    New QCY TWS model? + More varieties of iXX TWS!

Balls I missed this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭corkie

Tippex wrote: »
    Balls I missed this

Think they just sold out of stock, that is why there at full price again now. They may pop up on offer again!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

zweton wrote: »
    Anyone tested them running yet? Do they stay in?

I haven’t tested them running but I’ve literally shaken my head around with them in and they don’t budge at all. Seem to sit very well and secure and feel very light despite the bit of bulk they have.

• Advertisement

I got mine today and used them whilst walking for an hour.

When my phone was in my coat pocket and I had my hood up they were fine connection-wise. The same when my phone was in my back jeans pocket. Zero issues. However, when I had my hand in my coat pocket over/covering my phone, it was breaking up all the time, like unlistenable. No issues without my hand covering it though so will monitor over the next few days.

Really comfy ear-wise though so hopefully it's just my hand blocking the bluetooth signal or something which I can work around.

I just tried this. Had the phone in my jeans pocket and pit my hand in as well more or less covering the phone and the signal breaks up completely.

I’ve been using them here for about half an hour with the phone in my jeans pocket and also sitting nearby me and I’ve had a couple of dropouts which is very disappointing.

Will give it another couple of days I think although I don’t see how this will improve.

I have a suspicion I will end up sending these back. The dropouts would drive me nuts.

Will be a real shame as the sound quality is excellent and they are super comfy.

I know a couple of people have posted their initial impressions with them and their dropout issues so would be keen to here from others.

Listened for another hour and had another couple of drop outs.

Gonna contact Creative and arrange to send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just tried mine out. Wanted them for running and gym mostly. Can shake my head as hard as I like and jump about and they don't budge. So all good with the fit. Feels comfortable.

Sound is excellent.

Buttons are better than I had anticipated as I had seen reviews saying they were too hard to press. I think they are alright.

But. Getting drop outs. Sometimes one ear and sometimes both. I'll have to test them out a bit more as I had my phone in the kitchen as I moved about and maybe they are better when the phone is on you but it's disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the Bose soundsport connection I had. I really don't want to send these back, very pleased otherwise.

To the people experiencing dropouts, have any firmwares been released? I know creative mentioned firmware updates to fix certain things on them, but I don't know if they rolled out those updates.
    If they did, it could be that the update caused ome other issue, if not, it could be what the update is for.
    I know in March that people were checking dropouts on thehardwarezone or soundguys, and saying there was none.

I think they have some troubleshooting steps on their Facebook page, but I'm not on FB so can't link to it. When I search there are tons of FB results.

Some initial reviews up on AV Forums too - one person reporting bad dropouts but 2 others very happy. https://www.avforums.com/threads/creative-outlier-air.2227945/

Some initial reviews up on AV Forums too - one person reporting bad dropouts but 2 others very happy. https://www.avforums.com/threads/creative-outlier-air.2227945/

To be clear, that’s my account on avforums reporting the dropouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

I have the jabra elite 65t active, they're great except lacking a little bass. Has anyone tried the jvc xx ear buds?

Thehardwarezone forum thread - https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/creative-outlier-air-truly-wireless-earphones-6001902.html
    It's a long thread 47 pages.
    Quoted from the last page:
    DigDub wrote:
    Can try master reset the earbuds if you find the connection dropping or intermittent.
    eyeone wrote:
    How do you perform a master reset?
    DigDub wrote:
    Put the earbuds inside the case till they are charging (blinking red) and press the buttons on both at the same time for about 5 seconds. It should blink blue once for both earbuds, means master reset already. Forget both earbuds connections in the Bluetooth settings on your phone and repair the phone to your earbuds again.

This may also be helpful - https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=437&CatName=Headphones&subCatID=231&subCatName=MIDI+Keyboards&prodID=23297&prodName=Creative+Outlier+Air&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_23297,VARSET=CategoryID:437

Ive been on to and got a reply from Creative and they have suggested trying the hard reset(as posted above)before doing anything else.

I`ll give it a go tonight and see if improves. I think the OP who posted problems with dropouts just re-paired them?

adox wrote: »
    Ive been on to and got a reply from Creative and they have suggested trying the hard reset(as posted above)before doing anything else.

I`ll give it a go tonight and see if improves. I think the OP who posted problems with dropouts just re-paired them?

Yeah I had tried that, reckon I didn't complete the hard reset correctly. Have since done that successfully and the dropouts seem to have stopped. Must test a bit more to be 100% sure.

• Advertisement

Alfawise V5 TWS

^^^ Sound leakage?

Gearbest €22.75 + shipping!

Aliexpress from approx €27.00
    ^^^ Be-careful available in 4.0/5.0, so select correctly when ordering.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yeah I had tried that, reckon I didn't complete the hard reset correctly. Have since done that successfully and the dropouts seem to have stopped. Must test a bit more to be 100% sure.

When you do the hard reset I presume you have to repeat the initial pairing as if they were brand new again?

When you do the hard reset I presume you have to repeat the initial pairing as if they were brand new again?

Yeah, exactly. Been using them again at my desk today, phone is arms length away from me & the dropouts started happening again.

Logged a request to return them. It's a real shame because other than the dropouts, they have it all. Sound, build quality, battery life is all great.

I'd love to think I just got a faulty set as I'd hope others don't have this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I have been reading the airpods are really good for exercising/gym and never come out of your ears. A good bit more expensive i know but might get them.

zweton wrote: »
    I have been reading the airpods are really good for exercising/gym and never come out of your ears. A good bit more expensive i know but might get them.

LOL! :D

If you want to fork out expensive money for a device with a battery that will probably render the device useless after approx 2 years of High usage?

Check the thread, multiple 1:1 clones posted for allot cheaper.

Yeah, exactly. Been using them again at my desk today, phone is arms length away from me & the dropouts started happening again.

Logged a request to return them. It's a real shame because other than the dropouts, they have it all. Sound, build quality, battery life is all great.

I'd love to think I just got a faulty set as I'd hope others don't have this issue.

That’s disappointing. Haven’t reset mine but fear it won’t help either.

Reset mine and tested again for 30 minutes. Had 4 dropouts in that time.
    Have contacted Creative again. Want to send them back at this stage.

adox wrote: »
    Reset mine and tested again for 30 minutes. Had 4 dropouts in that time.
    Have contacted Creative again. Want to send them back at this stage.

Aw man, that really sucks. Was so looking forward to using these. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Me too. Have been waiting to pull the trigger on something decent these seemed to fit the bill...doesn't look like it now though.

• Advertisement

Yeah it does cause everything else about them is great. The sound is excellent. Decent passive isolation. Extremely comfortable and brilliant battery life.

Those dropouts though. They’d drive me mental. Such a shame.

Maybe they will get it sorted eventually.

Advertisement