Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car storage Dublin

• 14-08-2019 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting a classic but unfortunately I can't store it at home. I'm looking for something close to Castleknock/Blanchardstown. Hoping for roughly 30 mins away at most, access that would allow it to be dropped back in the evening and not break the bank too much. I did a bit of googling and found a few places that do storage but they closed at six most evenings and were closed on Sundays.

I'm not sure if I'm dreaming too much here with what I'm hoping for. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

When I got my first classic car, i rented an underground parking space. It just meant I had 24 hour access. I put a car cover over it to protect it.

When I got the second classic car, I rented a second space temporarily, but started looking at rented garages/lockups.

When I got the third classic car, I went full on garage/lockup rental.

Depending on budget, either parking space or your own garage. You can get decent lockups for about 150/200 if you're lucky. Id say if you looked out towards Clonee, you might get something decent, and within driving distance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Thanks for your info! I'll look into that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for your info! I'll look into that.

I pay €300 a month for a double entrance Garage in the centre of Dublin. More than what Id like to pay, but the convenience of it was too hard to pass. If I could buy it outright I 100% would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I need a garage too to rent south Dublin.... pm me if anyone has a slot for an old Merc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TonyD1984

Hello , Straffan area (5 mins from M4 Maynooth exit) I have garage available for 1 car, nothing else stored in here €250 PM minimum 6 months, also have another garage which space can be made for second car. Must have own insurance etc as usual storage at owners risk applies.

Private residence in safe area. Must be used for storage only. Message for further information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

€250 PM? You're having a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

€250 PM? You're having a laugh.[/quote
    Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It's only about €8 a day ....

Not your ornery onager

That's a rip off, I pay €50 a month to store a car in North County Dublin. That's the average price. €250 a month to store one car is extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I pay €70 in north county dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭rightjob!

ELM327 wrote: »
    I pay €70 in north county dublin

Can you pm who that is with?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Anywhere near the airport that does car storage accessible 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Express Red car park?

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

None on here, I got a poster here sorted out for storage a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Enda D'arcy does car storage, located in Naul.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Advertisement