Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Air Conditioning Recharge 40 euro @ Halfords

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

TheTorment wrote: »
    Where was this in Ross?

Auto Point Service oposite to An Post on Woodbine Industrial.

rebelbmx wrote: »
    I asked the guy that did the air con for me and he said most cars take close to a full can.

You can check under bonnet there is a label with amount of gas in air con. If you still have gas and add full can it maybe to much and pressure valve will not let compressor to work.
    I would avoid halfords refill cans as you can damage you aircon especially they are not so much cheeper than normal recharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Just got my aircon recharged today for only 31 euro (I had an Axa card). The guy said my car took a full bottle, so was well drained.

Vents are now blowing cold air and I am well satisfied for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Just got my aircon recharged today for only 31 euro (I had an Axa card). The guy said my car took a full bottle, so was well drained.

And where do you think the gas went in the first place ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Don't have a clue. He said there were no signs of leaks though.

I have other things to interest me besides air conditioning systems, fortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I'm no mechanic but from my knowledge cars leak a small bit of gas to lubricate a seal on the air con compressor(?) I think .
    So an older car could be drained?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Got mine done in Halfords last year. Needed to get it done again this year but they did it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Any recommendations in Cork for a 151 Nissan Qashqui to get service/recharge? Nissan have changed the type of gas used and nearly all garages don't do services/recharges on the newer Nissan models. Main dealer quoted €399. Halford's guy thought he could do it, but they lost the adapter needed for the newer Nissan's.

Any recommendations in Cork for a 151 Nissan Qashqui to get service/recharge? Nissan have changed the type of gas used and nearly all garages don't do services/recharges on the newer Nissan models. Main dealer quoted €399. Halford's guy thought he could do it, but they lost the adapter needed for the newer Nissan's.

I heards about new gas but 399E ??!!!!! Rip off

4motion wrote: »
    I heards about new gas but 399E ??!!!!! Rip off

Well ya that's the main dealers. Still ringing around so let's see if I can get it cheaper

• Advertisement

Well ya that's the main dealers. Still ringing around so let's see if I can get it cheaper

€250 + VAT in a local garage in Cork that I've used before. The price is mainly in the newer gas.

Advertisement