Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been trying to buy a new bike for over a year now and still cant decide on what i want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Jeans that start to slip down a few weeks after buying them, so that I constantly need to keep hitching them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pedestrian crossing everywhere, with lazy b@stards dawdling across. Move it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jeans that start to slip down a few weeks after buying them, so that I constantly need to keep hitching them up.

You've two options: embrace the builder's bum revolution, or... put. on. a. belt.

This helpful hint was brought to you by the TA fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Free electric scooters for everyone would solve this problem.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    You've two options: embrace the builder's bum revolution, or... put. on. a. belt.

This helpful hint was brought to you by the TA fairy.

I always wear a belt NH, I assumed that went without saying! Can't tighten it any further without doing myself permanent damage. That's what really TAs me about this problem.

I would love to wear braces again, but unfortunately Mrs Ragnar has threatened me with physical violence if I go down this road :(

So, builder's bum it appears is my only option. Embrace the builder within.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*wolf whistles at Ragnar's bum* :D

This would have never happened with high waist jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People's open misuse of disabled parking spaces.

I am currently sitting in a car park in a very busy retail park.

Over the last 30 mins, I would guess I have seen at least a dozen people come and go from disabled spaces with F all wrong with them. More mobile than myself!

I find this a hateful personality trait, than a trivial annoyance.

Trying to fold laundry with an arm you can't bend because of a brace.

I'm getting very, very, frustrated.*

*Not in that way, silly!

I know it's miserable weather, but I will murder the next person who says "It's freezing!". No it's bloody not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I know it's miserable weather, but I will murder the next person who says "It's freezing!". No it's bloody not!

People obsessed with the weather. Put on a jacket and shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve just watched an Instagram video of someone asking a few girls to be her bridesmaids in the most elaborate way, complete with balloons, confetti, a box with your name emblazoned across which when you open reveales the surprise and asks the question, will you be my bridesmaid? All filmed for the gram of course with sentimental music and the like.
    When I was one I got a text from my sister saying “will you be a bridie” to which I responded “yeah”.
    Are people gone daft? Could ya be arsed like. The way its gone is like a proposal all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I have a phone charger that I keep in the car. The last time I stayed back in Tipp I realised I forgot a charger, so I took the one from the car to use. I vividly remember the next day picking it up off the floor and thinking “I must put that in my bag so I don’t forget to leave it in the car”. Now said charger is nowhere to be found. Not in the house in Tipp, not here in Limerick, not in the car and not in my bag. Where in the name of jesus is it so?

Hate to break it to you but it ran off with the other sock.

Similar to this the fecker who parked so close to me in the Ilac on saturday that i couldn't open my door far enough to get in. i had to climb in over the passenger seat. I somehow managed to restrain myself from accidentally banging his 182 motor.

I was driving around Blanch centre for 20 minutes late one Saturday afternoon trying to get parking, some **** nugget had parked over their white line and even over the one for the empty spot.

It was really really tight bit I manged to park in it so I left about 1mm on their driver side leaving myself about 3 inches on my side to get out of car. When I got back 20 minutes later they were gone and had the neck to leave me a note saying "next time leave a tin opener so I can get into my car". It was clearly my fault they couldnt get into their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Crossing at a pedestrian crossing today and a school bus (empty) whizzes by...

I was at a gig recently where there was none of this separate queue thing, but I had to clean it everytime. TA that men still seem to need potty training.

I worked in a pub and the worst toilets to clean were ALWAYS the womens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People who cant figure out how the queue system works in Circle K garages. Trying to double back through the queue when they could go left and avoid all the people behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Shemale wrote:

Two of my friends used to work in a nightclub and they used to say the same. They used to draw straws for who would have to clean the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The layout of Barrington's Hospital . They have little printed slips of paper with directions to the relevant office :D

I met an equally bewildered couple by the lifts and we sort of stumbled around trying to find the start of the painted direction arrows on the floor. She said IKEA Dublin is like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I’ve just watched an Instagram video of someone asking a few girls to be her bridesmaids in the most elaborate way, complete with balloons, confetti, a box with your name emblazoned across which when you open reveales the surprise and asks the question, will you be my bridesmaid? All filmed for the gram of course with sentimental music and the like.
    When I was one I got a text from my sister saying “will you be a bridie” to which I responded “yeah”.
    Are people gone daft? Could ya be arsed like. The way its gone is like a proposal all over again

Cringe!!

• Advertisement

Don’t mind people shortening “comfortable” to “comfy” but for some reason changing “uncomfortable” to “uncomfy” boils my blood :pac:

1. When the yolk breaks after cracking the shell for making a fried egg.

2. When someone makes you a cup of coffee and for some strange reason only fills the cup half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

TA'd at how awful fake tan looks when its wearing off.
    I was a lovely deep bronze colour at the weekend, my skin now looks like and has the texture of tiger bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Shemale wrote: »

Can confirm this too, I spent 8-9 years working in pubs, and the ladies were always the messiest. The mens, it was just wet in places...but women had loo roll everywhere, some tried to hide their naggins and then the makeup...iv'e seen landfills that are cleaner...

Then again, I may have worked in some dives....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danny_B wrote: »
    Can confirm this too, I spent 8-9 years working in pubs, and the ladies were always the messiest. The mens, it was just wet in places...but women had loo roll everywhere, some tried to hide their naggins and then the makeup...iv'e seen landfills that are cleaner...

Then again, I may have worked in some dives....

toilets...hide naggins...probably best if i dont think any more about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

toilets...hide naggins...probably best if i dont think any more about that.

Trust me, it really is for the best that you don't think any more about it.
    I still have nightmares :pac::pac:

Cleaned every window in the house and was just sitting down to admire my handy work and depending on the position I’m in (oi oi) all I can see are scuff marks, but when I go to clean them I can’t see them. Badgers arse!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleaned every window in the house and was just sitting down to admire my handy work and depending on the position I’m in (oi oi) all I can see are scuff marks, but when I go to clean them I can’t see them. Badgers arse!

Do you wear glasses and are there scuff marks on your glasses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Crouching Tiger,,,Hidden naggin��

Just received a request in work to do something which is completely and
    Utterly pointless.

• Advertisement

tenor.gif?itemid=11965529

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement