Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing handles on wardrobes and presses

• 13-07-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I want to change the handles on kitchen and bedroom presses. The current handles are really long and any of the nice handles that I want to buy are shorter.
    The current handles have two screw holes.
    My question is. How do I fill in the holes on laminated/formica type wood. I was thinking of filling the holes in with resin/epoxy and colouring the
    resin with acrylic paint. Presses are cream
    Anyone any better ideas or is there stuff made for this purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i would fill with a good 2 part filler . mask off the area around the holes first and slowly build up to flush so you wont have to sand very much. then paint to match.

Advertisement