Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internet cafes city centre

Options
  • 23-03-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any internet cafes that are still open.
    The ones i know are closed or else its just printing only,
    5 minutes use .eg no web browsing allowed.
    The librarys are closed, i would like to just go to a cafe for an hour once per day .
    Even the cafes i used to go to for a meal are closed .
    I understand theres, a good reason why they are closing or else going to a print only mode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

With Corona virus lingering on surfaces for extended periods internet cafes would be like incubators. No way should any be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

A hotel would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Jervis St SC have public PCs to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i found 1 thats open .
    i wo,nt say where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

vriesmays wrote: »
    Jervis St SC have public PCs to use.

You'd be safer from a hygiene point of view to use the public toilets. From an IT security point of view just hand your bank details to people walking past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

riclad wrote: »
    i found 1 thats open .
    i wo,nt say where it is.

Ok, thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My printer at home has given up the ghost and, working from home, I badly need a number of things printed out that I have been working on.

I tried to phone around a number of internet cafes that I've used in the past but I can't get through to any of them - either ringing out or no phone number. I won't be able to buy a printer as the IT shops appear to be closed.

Anyone know an internet cafe in Dublin city centre that is currently open for printing?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

If any hotels are open, they might be your best bet. Otherwise perhaps put out a call to family & friends to see if any of them have a printer. You could email it to them and they could post it out to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

JupiterKid wrote: »
    My printer at home has given up the ghost and, working from home, I badly need a number of things printed out that I have been working on.

I tried to phone around a number of internet cafes that I've used in the past but I can't get through to any of them - either ringing out or no phone number. I won't be able to buy a printer as the IT shops appear to be closed.

Anyone know an internet cafe in Dublin city centre that is currently open for printing?

elara.ie are still shipping as normal and sell printers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lidl and Tesco sell Printers quite often and for around €30 usually, worth a try.

Tesco Clarehall especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Maybe look at adverts.ie Make sure you give it a good wipe down :pac: Do you know anyone near you that could print them for you and maybe meat up with you or maybe they could put it in through your letterbox or even post them to you express?Anything like that

Advertisement