Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock Primary Schools

• 18-02-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice about primary schools in Portmarnock? We will be moving there with two small children and my son is due to start Junior Infants in September. We don't know anyone form Portmarnock so I have no idea whether all of them are good? What about secondary schools? And preschools, Montessori schools? Is there anywhere we should avoid?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

EmiliaM wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice about primary schools in Portmarnock? We will be moving there with two small children and my son is due to start Junior Infants in September. We don't know anyone form Portmarnock so I have no idea whether all of them are good? What about secondary schools? And preschools, Montessori schools? Is there anywhere we should avoid?

Thanks a million!

Welcome to Portmarnock .

There are 2 national schools in Portmarnock St Marnocks in the village and St Helens up near Paddys Hill ( Off Limetree avenue ) . My own kids went to St Marnocks some years ago . Both Schools are equally good .

Portmarnock Secondary School also has a very good record in the number of kids taking up 3rd level eduction .

Portmarnock has an active Community Association ( PCA) and Tidy towns Committee . Our FB pages have loads of local information https://www.facebook.com/PortmarnockCommunityAssociation/.

Portmarnock has loads of facilities including great GAAand Soccer clubs as well as a Sports and Leisure centre andthe best Scout and Guide Den in the Country

I am the Treasurer of the PCA and ifyou have any other specific questions you can contact us at Portmarnock1@gmail.com

David Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EmiliaM

Hi David,

Thanks a million for your reply!

Facebook page will be definitely handy and I appreciate you sharing your email address!

Any tips are more than welcome :-)

Kind regards,
    Emilia

Advertisement