Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Also my partner saw the drone and noted he thought it was a Mavic Pro 2, which is a €1.5k drone. Might be a bit too high spec for standard tv burglers.

Unless its nicked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dedgunns

Mackers42 wrote: »
    Thanks it was completely over the top yesterday ��, not sinister at all. One of those days
    Just wondering since you have investigated everything incredibly well did they provide a cable for the tv when you moved in?

Perhaps consider raising it with Vesta, see what they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Mackers42 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Bit spooked at the moment, we got a new tv delivered and then almost 10 mins later there was drone outside our balcony looking at the tv, the guy took the drone in his car and drove off, called the cops. Any advice? Is there an issue with the area?

I saw on Instagram that they're offering virtual tours of apartments now, so they could be taking footage for that.

I saw on Instagram that they're offering virtual tours of apartments now, so they could be taking footage for that.

When you look at the virtual tour it’s all shot from inside and on the balcony...

Dedgunns wrote: »
    When you look at the virtual tour it’s all shot from inside and on the balcony...

For now, I’m living at Vesta virtually. Please please let the construction industry go back to work after the 5th May!

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Apart from the Collins block, the other blocks look finished so i'm sure it's just minor work needed. Hopefully you get in soon!

Oh yeah, that’s what makes it harder. Vesta told us they only had minor works to finish! If construction starts again on May 5th we will get to move on May 29th...so farrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

eagle.eye wrote: »
    We moved in a week ago and we received a TV cable along with the key cards. Maybe just ask at the reception desk tomorrow :)

We were also given one when we moved in, they must of run out since.

I haven't heard anything about the facilities reopening but we haven't been talking to them recently so we're running off of old news.

I'm curious if anyone has rearranged their places. We had to immediately flip the couch orientation so we could have the projector facing the flat wall. I wish we had something akin to a WhatsApp group so we could share photos and feel a bit more like we've got neighbours. Having no one else on our entire floor feels so odd.

Ooo also how is the sound isolation? Having no one beside us means I can't tell how much you can hear though the walls.

We were also given one when we moved in, they must of run out since.

I haven't heard anything about the facilities reopening but we haven't been talking to them recently so we're running off of old news.

I'm curious if anyone has rearranged their places. We had to immediately flip the couch orientation so we could have the projector facing the flat wall. I wish we had something akin to a WhatsApp group so we could share photos and feel a bit more like we've got neighbours. Having no one else on our entire floor feels so odd.

Ooo also how is the sound isolation? Having no one beside us means I can't tell how much you can hear though the walls.

I would be up for being in a WhatsApp group. Is it safe to share phone numbers here?

We've re-arranged ours a bit (moving the couch / dining table) to make it flow a bit better and we've added in bookshelves / side tables / desk. For the storage room, we got wall to ceiling wardrobes from IKEA to make it a walk in wardrobe, works well!

I hear nothing inside our apartment from around us - the only slightly annoying thing is that our master bedroom is beside next doors balcony, so if they are outside late at night you can hear them talk etc. Not the worst and we are heavy sleepers so :)

I think via PM would be easiest if someone wants to set one up :D

Cool, pm me if interested. I’ll set one up

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

Dedgunns wrote: »
    Cool, pm me if interested. I’ll set one up

Class, I'll dm you. Thanks ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Criz13

Hiya
    I live here now since 2 weeks and I am not sure if my heat recovery unit made these weird noises before, it could be. It was not all the time but it was last night and like half an hour ago for around 30mins, maybe 60 or 90 yesterday. Now it's like basically all yhe time.

It makes a pumping sound, goes high pitch, then it stops suddenly, sometimes accompanied with a loud clanking/banging noise. First I thought it's the neighbour's doors but it's not.

Do you have that too?

Class, I'll dm you. Thanks ðŸ‘

Just to let ye all know, I’ve started the WhatsApp group, so, if you want to join, DM me 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

Does anybody know if internet is down?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ms Sally

Hi,
    I hope everyones well :)
    We were due to move into our apartment on Friday but unfortunately it's delayed with the restrictions. Vesta have been very vague and giving us very little information. The most we have gotten out of them is they are following government guidelines and will be one touch....
    Has anyone heard anything more on delayed move in dates? Lucky our current landlord at the minute is very accomodating otherwise we would have been in a difficult situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Hi,
    I hope everyones well :)
    We were due to move into our apartment on Friday but unfortunately it's delayed with the restrictions. Vesta have been very vague and giving us very little information. The most we have gotten out of them is they are following government guidelines and will be one touch....
    Has anyone heard anything more on delayed move in dates? Lucky our current landlord at the minute is very accomodating otherwise we would have been in a difficult situation.

They can't give new move in dates until restrictions are eased and construction and internal design workers are allowed back on site. Vesta know as much as you do at this point.

It seems some people who have been delayed by restrictions have been given a lot more information for example someone who was told it would be May 29th if they are given the go ahead for construction once restrictions are lifted. We have been told very little apart from them requesting our first month rent payment and a month deposit which turns out was a mistake on their part seeing as we are no where near moving in yet. Just trying to gather as much info as possible as it seems here is the best place for gathering information from people in the same position as us.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    They can't give new move in dates until restrictions are eased and construction and internal design workers are allowed back on site. Vesta know as much as you do at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

They can't give a date and they probably randomly said the 29th of May to some people (and regretted it straight away...), no one knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks so it's not surprising they don't give information. I'm really sorry for you but I dont think you can get much more than what they said...

Thanks for your reply, and I agree it's impossible for them to know what will happen over the next coming weeks. I was just surprised / optimistic when I had read that some people were given another date with all going to plan ! Was hoping for some good news 😂 But as you said they probably said the 29th of May soon to regret it as who knows when it'll actually happen !! Anyways fingers crossed and time will tell :)

Fompi wrote: »
    They can't give a date and they probably randomly said the 29th of May to some people (and regretted it straight away...), no one knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks so it's not surprising they don't give information. I'm really sorry for you but I dont think you can get much more than what they said...

I totally understand the frustration and yes, fingers crossed is all we can do unfortunately!
    I'm sure they also want everyone to move in asap, must be quite of a financial disaster for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SinVin

Hello Neighbours,
    im new to this boards.ie.
    I moved in in March and love it, a private facebook page would be great, i would like to join the whats app group too if possible,
    Is anyone on the bottom floor having issues with people throwing thier smoke butts down from higher floors, as a smoker myself this bugs me, they are landing on my balcony too, i do be so embarrased when the maintenance guy comes around im afraid he thinks there mine. I dont really want to complain to vesta as the people above would probably it came from me as im on the ground floor, any experience this,

• Advertisement

Uh..... I would complain straight away, not only it's disgusting for you, the environment, and possibly the poor person that is supposed to pick them up? But we're not even allowed to smoke on the balcony. (I know everyone does)
    They've never heard of ashtrays?
    I'm annoyed for you (and I'm an ex-smoker...)

The smoking on balcony thing does annoy me as the balconies are all so close together. But, I suppose you can’t expect people to not smoke on their balconies. Dropping of butts is deffo not on.

I know... as a smoker I would have been annoyed to go out. As an ex-smoker, I don't want the smell of tobacco while I'm enjoying my balcony...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JayWasTaken

Does anyone know if the the living room and kitchen ceiling lights are GU10 type bulbs? I'd like to replace them for Hue lights but not 100% sure of the specific bulb type.

I've done the same thing. If you haven't already checked, these are GU10.

Just FYI because the internet is wifi only and the hue bridge needs an ethernet cable, you will need to get a wifi to ethernet bridge to connect it. I bought this one and it's been working great so far.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Support-Extender-UK-TL-WR902AC/dp/B01NAYG15H

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eagle.eye

In the user setting menu, you can set the temperature for when B mode kicks in, by default it was 21c (which I think explains why it was turning on at random times for me) - if you set it to kick in a a low temp, in theory it should stay on permanently?

--

Separate "issue" that I've experienced is that the boosted water storage pump will come on for 1 - 2 seconds at times when no taps are running, it seems to activate itself every 10mins or so. Anyone know what that is? It's fine during the day, but if we sleep with the doors open it gets annoying as you can hear it.

Weirdly - if you turn OFF the Xpelair machine, this doesn't happen :confused: Same thing seems to happen with the person above me as I can hear it come on :D

The boosted water storage pump comes on for a few seconds regularly in our apartment too. I found out the problem - it is most likely overflowing flushing tank in our en suite. There's constant smallish stream of water going down the toilet and the pump comes on to refill the tank every minute/couple of minutes. Very annoying especially during bedtime :(

Also it seems to be hard to fix - the tank is not reachable. Or at least I can't think of a non destructive way of accessing it.

It's also a bit annoying if you have your windows open and people are smoking on the balcony.

I guess it's part of apartment living, but still annoying!

It most certainly should not be "part of apartment living". People should have enough respect for others not to ash over the side of the balcony (from a neighbourly and environmental perspective). Use an ashtray!!!!

Has anyone had their Eircode issued yet? The blocks seem to be on Eircode.ie but only 40 apartments from each, and they aren’t in the right number syntax, they don’t seem to indicate floor level?

Nope.. still using the one linked to reception

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skip2this11

Hello! New to this thread, but have been following it for a while to get any news on the development.
    We were contacted by Vesta yesterday and offered our apartment which is available from next Friday. So I'm happy to hear that life is coming back!
    We were originally supossed to move in the 29th April.
    I think you will see a lot of new faces in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KP247

Hello! New to this thread, but have been following it for a while to get any news on the development.
    We were contacted by Vesta yesterday and offered our apartment which is available from next Friday. So I'm happy to hear that life is coming back!
    We were originally supossed to move in the 29th April.
    I think you will see a lot of new faces in the coming weeks

Hi There, Just wondering which block are you moving into? Is it a one bed or two bed. Only asking because we've been delayed since the 15th of April for a one bed in Block 31. Hoping we've not been forgotten about :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skip2this11

KP247 wrote: »
    Hi There, Just wondering which block are you moving into? Is it a one bed or two bed. Only asking because we've been delayed since the 15th of April for a one bed in Block 31. Hoping we've not been forgotten about :eek::pac:

Sorry I can't remember the block number and dont have the details on-hand. We are in the same block as the reception if that helps? sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 KP247

Sorry I can't remember the block number and dont have the details on-hand. We are in the same block as the reception if that helps? sorry

Think that's 32. Thanks!

Advertisement