Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-11-2019, 17:26   #811
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by emy View Post
The phone is back on sale again, I just bought one more, the payment went through, curious to see if I get it.
same.
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 17:39   #812
emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
same.
I did not get any confirmation email yet, unfortunately.
28-11-2019, 17:47   #813
Dr_Colossus

Surprised it's back. Is Eir not sending out any more sim cards? I ordered one over a week ago which I never received and others seem to have noted similar.
Was hoping to purchase one as a Christmas present for a parent who's already on Vodafone so yet another example of a company shafting existing customers in the hopes of luring new ones. As a loyal payg Vodafone customer you should be just as entitled to purchase this for €180.
Thanks from:
28-11-2019, 17:48   #814
micks_address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Colossus View Post
Surprised it's back. Is Eir not sending out any more sim cards? I ordered one over a week ago which I never received and others seem to have noted similar.
Was hoping to purchase one as a Christmas present for a parent who's already on Vodafone so yet another example of a company shafting existing customers in the hopes of luring new ones. As a loyal payg Vodafone customer you should be just as entitled to purchase this for €180.
I got email but out of stock on site when I try order
28-11-2019, 17:50   #815
glasso

Quote:
I did not get any confirmation email yet, unfortunately.
I have received the order confirmation. there was a slight delay on it. time will tell whether the whole thing comes through. getting it as a gift for someone who uses the phone camera a fair bit so will be ideal.
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 17:53   #816
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
I got email but out of stock on site when I try order
still seems to be working as far as I can see....?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/...-go-just-black
28-11-2019, 18:01   #817
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Colossus View Post
go buy a tescomobile sim for €5?

obviously Vfe want new subscriber revenue, not just revenue that they are already getting and are effectively "buying" that.

called SAC - subscriber acquisition cost.
28-11-2019, 18:03   #818
unhappyBB

Still debating wether or not to go for this. Would it be much of a come down from a Galaxy s8?
28-11-2019, 18:06   #819
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappyBB View Post
Still debating wether or not to go for this. Would it be much of a come down from a Galaxy s8?
not really.

cpu reasonably close to it - wouldn't notice really in daily operation unless playing the most intensive games.

camera on the 3a is better than the s8. although the s8 has a decent camera.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 18:20   #820
micks_address

Thanks
On my phone browser showing out of stock. but in stock on my laptop. Ordered one. Figured worst case it gets cancelled and i get a refund

Cheers,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
still seems to be working as far as I can see....?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/...-go-just-black
28-11-2019, 18:30   #821
Ush1

Gave it one last go. Same error again, gas c*nts. Order showing payment in process.
28-11-2019, 18:36   #822
sc0by

Quote:
The phone is back on sale again, I just bought one more, the payment went through, curious to see if I get it.
I had signed up to be notified when this was available again.

I ordered a free eir sim last Friday and it arrived on Tues this week.
During the order process I was asked to enter the number I'd be porting and they sent a text with a 5 digit code to that number.
Entered that and everything seemed to go through for 179.99

Looking good so far, hope this arrives without hassle.
28-11-2019, 18:45   #823
adocholiday

Just FYI for anyone buying in store I had to buy a SIM with min €20 top up. Between the eir SIM and the Vodafone SIM and the smaller discount in store it cost 259 all in. Still not bad considering the phone is 300 at best elsewhere but not exactly as good as 179! Anyone want 20 quid Vodafone credit for a tenner? Ha!
Thanks from:
28-11-2019, 18:50   #824
Affluenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by adocholiday View Post
Just FYI for anyone buying in store I had to buy a SIM with min €20 top up. Between the eir SIM and the Vodafone SIM and the smaller discount in store it cost 259 all in. Still not bad considering the phone is 300 at best elsewhere but not exactly as good as 179! Anyone want 20 quid Vodafone credit for a tenner? Ha!

The salesman told me I should buy credit to go with the phone but I didn't want to and he processed the order without it
28-11-2019, 18:58   #825
flexcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adocholiday View Post

Not sure how this works.

I topped up by a tenner for eir sim and that was it!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion