Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-11-2018, 20:07   #1
Thecairn

Parking 3 Arena

I'm going to the 3 Arena to Florence & the Machine concert and I was wondering where nearby could i park my car for free or cheaply?
I am working late that eve so i'll not have much time to get Luas/taxi etc so i want to park nearby but the car will be there for 24hrs so i dont want somewhere too expensive
TIA.
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 20:29   #2
Gaspode
Woof!

The traffic & parking down there are mental, especially on a gig night so really not worth driving anywhere near it. I park in Parnell St & walk down for the Luas (5 mins), saves a world of headache.
12-11-2018, 20:41   #3
Thecairn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
The traffic & parking down there are mental, especially on a gig night so really not worth driving anywhere near it. I park in Parnell St & walk down for the Luas (5 mins), saves a world of headache.
Very true. That could be a better option, I might try get accommodation with car parking Near Parnell St or somewhere like that. Getting the luas to the point village is good idea. Hopefully traffic isn’t too bad getting to the accommodation in the first place
12-11-2018, 20:46   #4
The Bishop Basher

It’s only €14 to park over night at the point village and you can drive straight in and you’re there...

There are plenty of places to park for free across the river around Irishtown and down by the sailing club but I wouldn’t leave my car in any of those places overnight.
12-11-2018, 20:54   #5
Thecairn

yea true, you'd be guaranteed that the car would be safe there, and youre straight there as you say. it could be late afternoon by the time we pick up the car the next day as we plan to go out that night and the car obviousy wont be at the accommadation.
would it be much more expensive to leave it there for the guts of a day?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion