Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-03-2020, 16:25   #1591
circlek
Registered User
 
circlek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Hi Big Mickey,


I'm looking to price the following to furnish an apartment:


1. - 1 Single Mattress 78" x 42"
2. - 1 King Mattress 78" x 72"
No preference for memory or spring/coil or vaccum packed or not, etc.
Just need a well priced, lasting, medium feel.


Could you also provide prices for the whole set, headboard etc. Just in case I decide to go for a whole set instead of using the current beds.



3. - Corner Sofa/3 Seater Sofa
Looking for rustic colours - black, brown, maroon, etc, as the apartment has glossy dark brown floors and glossy black wardrobes, etc.



4. - 6 Seater Dining Set
Similar to above coloring scheme or glass/frosted or marble/granite look top?


Costs play a big role but also looking for lasting quality. Not uncomfortable, 1 year use stuff.


Could have called you but I have no idea what's available and would prefer getting some links to the products.


Thanks.
circlek is offline  
Advertisement
09-03-2020, 17:35   #1592
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by circlek View Post
Hi Big Mickey,


I'm looking to price the following to furnish an apartment:


1. - 1 Single Mattress 78" x 42"
2. - 1 King Mattress 78" x 72"
No preference for memory or spring/coil or vaccum packed or not, etc.
Just need a well priced, lasting, medium feel.


Could you also provide prices for the whole set, headboard etc. Just in case I decide to go for a whole set instead of using the current beds.



3. - Corner Sofa/3 Seater Sofa
Looking for rustic colours - black, brown, maroon, etc, as the apartment has glossy dark brown floors and glossy black wardrobes, etc.



4. - 6 Seater Dining Set
Similar to above coloring scheme or glass/frosted or marble/granite look top?


Costs play a big role but also looking for lasting quality. Not uncomfortable, 1 year use stuff.


Could have called you but I have no idea what's available and would prefer getting some links to the products.


Thanks.
Hi circlek,

Thank you for messaging us. Regarding the bed sizes, the first size seems to be a large single but not quite a small double either, we can get this size made for you but just highlighting this with you that it is an odd size.

The king mattress you relate to is actually super king dimensions. Is this the size that you are looking for? King would be 60" X 78".

Our biggest selling quality value for money bed is our Vogue bed; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/
You can add headboard in smaller sizes for €50 or super king size from €80.

We have quality brown leather 3 seater sofas from €499. Something like this but just the sofa on its own; https://bigmickey.ie/product/naples-3s-1r-1r-sofa-set/

We will also have quality dining sets starting from €499.

If you want more detailed images you can email us info@bigmickey.ie and we can send you images of items we have offers on.

BigMickey
bigmickey.ie is offline  
09-03-2020, 23:32   #1593
circlek
Registered User
 
circlek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmickey.ie View Post
Hi circlek,

Thank you for messaging us. Regarding the bed sizes, the first size seems to be a large single but not quite a small double either, we can get this size made for you but just highlighting this with you that it is an odd size.

The king mattress you relate to is actually super king dimensions. Is this the size that you are looking for? King would be 60" X 78".

Our biggest selling quality value for money bed is our Vogue bed; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/
You can add headboard in smaller sizes for €50 or super king size from €80.

We have quality brown leather 3 seater sofas from €499. Something like this but just the sofa on its own; https://bigmickey.ie/product/naples-3s-1r-1r-sofa-set/

We will also have quality dining sets starting from €499.

If you want more detailed images you can email us info@bigmickey.ie and we can send you images of items we have offers on.

BigMickey

I'm aware that the sizes are odd. We imported the hardwood furniture a few years ago.


I think the smaller one was called a queen size bed and the larger a king (super kind here).


What options will you have for the queen(?) size? and how much will it cost?


The superking mattresses seem on the expensive side. Do you have anything cheaper? If you can give me options such as cheapest, average, best value. I'd like to see the difference.


Any fabric corner sofas? Not a fan of leather. Is that what most people would go for? I find fabric a lot more comfortable.
circlek is offline  
10-03-2020, 08:36   #1594
Xterminator
Registered User
 
Xterminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,890
I just wanted to say we got our new bed delivered on saturday. Driver was courteous, called in advance, and was helpful.
The bed is great, feels very solid - have had a couple of nights sleep on it now and i'm very happy with my purchase. I highly recommend bigmickey.ie - good quality beds, good prices and great people.
Xterminator is offline  
Thanks from:
10-03-2020, 15:16   #1595
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by circlek View Post
I'm aware that the sizes are odd. We imported the hardwood furniture a few years ago.


I think the smaller one was called a queen size bed and the larger a king (super kind here).


What options will you have for the queen(?) size? and how much will it cost?


The superking mattresses seem on the expensive side. Do you have anything cheaper? If you can give me options such as cheapest, average, best value. I'd like to see the difference.


Any fabric corner sofas? Not a fan of leather. Is that what most people would go for? I find fabric a lot more comfortable.
Hi circlek,

That's no problem at all. We can get a range of mattresses made in the special single size from €99. Something that would be like super budget quality would cost you €199 or mid quality would be around €299.

Regarding the super king mattress, we have 100's of mattresses in stock and budget super kings start from €199. We get random stock from time to time which would be Silent Night, Rest assured etc that we can do really good deals on. Mid quality ones in that range would be €399 and then higher quality ones from €499 upwards and we have all in between.

Yes we have fabric corner sofas from €599.

If you have a budget per item, we should have something to suit it.

BigMickey
bigmickey.ie is offline  
Advertisement
10-03-2020, 18:59   #1596
duefrine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmickey.ie View Post
@duefrine and @rekalmos

We got a load of Dormeo in yesterday morning but it has not been unloaded yet as the truck got damaged on the ferry coming from UK. We should have it all sorted by Tuesday if you want to stay in touch.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team
Any update

Regards
duefrine is offline  
15-03-2020, 13:15   #1597
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by duefrine View Post
Any update

Regards
Hi Duefrine,

We only got small double and double dormeo mattresses on the last load. We have the Avanti Fusions available in king size but that is all that's available at the minute.

I will post here if we receive any new stock in king size.

BigMickey
bigmickey.ie is offline  
16-03-2020, 11:14   #1598
copper04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 141
Do you have anything in a really good small double Mattress or bed & mattress.
Only interested in good quality mattress medium to firm.
Thank you for taking the time to reply
copper04 is offline  
16-03-2020, 11:43   #1599
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper04 View Post
Do you have anything in a really good small double Mattress or bed & mattress.
Only interested in good quality mattress medium to firm.
Thank you for taking the time to reply
Hi copper04

We have several hundred small double mattresses in stock. Prices start from 99 euro upwards. Have you a budget in mind ? Our biggest seller in the upper range is still the Diamond 2000. We do a combo deal on this with a high quality divan base for 699 euro. We have so many other also already in stock.

We have closed our showroom due to Covid-19 but are available by phone , e mail and our website, www.bigmickey.ie.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team
bigmickey.ie is offline  
Advertisement
16-03-2020, 14:56   #1600
circlek
Registered User
 
circlek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Hi BigMickey,
A few delays in my plans as the apartment purchase might not proceed. Thanks for the responses. I'll be back in a few weeks/months when the situation settles.
circlek is offline  
Thanks from:
17-03-2020, 13:55   #1601
bungaro79
Registered User
 
bungaro79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,094
Hi Bigmickey
we have moved my little girl from her cotbed and into her big girl bed and she is loving her new mattress! Thanks again for all the help
bungaro79 is offline  
18-03-2020, 14:27   #1602
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungaro79 View Post
Hi Bigmickey
we have moved my little girl from her cotbed and into her big girl bed and she is loving her new mattress! Thanks again for all the help
Hi bungaro79

That's great to hear. Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team
bigmickey.ie is offline  
18-03-2020, 14:29   #1603
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by circlek View Post
Hi BigMickey,
A few delays in my plans as the apartment purchase might not proceed. Thanks for the responses. I'll be back in a few weeks/months when the situation settles.
Hi circlek

Take your time . No rush. Hope it all works out for you.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie Team
bigmickey.ie is offline  
02-04-2020, 23:19   #1604
Kenny Powers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 868
Big Mickey what's this one like? Would it firm enough or soft I know it says Medium

https://bigmickey.ie/product/john-le...et-mattress-2/
Kenny Powers is offline  
02-04-2020, 23:29   #1605
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative
 
bigmickey.ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,129
Mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
Big Mickey what's this one like? Would it firm enough or soft I know it says Medium

https://bigmickey.ie/product/john-le...et-mattress-2/

Hi,

It says medium but it is firmish. Where are you based ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie
bigmickey.ie is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet