Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Point Village Shopping Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭subpar

Prediction ---- GALA will turn into a little goldmine, there is a constant passing trade along Castleforbes Road and Upper Sheriff St . A corner location is a real positive as well , and given the large volumn of builders in the area which will in turn be replaced by office workers and apartment residents then the business outlook has to be very healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

subpar wrote: »
    Prediction ---- GALA will turn into a little goldmine, there is a constant passing trade along Castleforbes Road and Upper Sheriff St . A corner location is a real positive as well , and given the large volumn of builders in the area which will in turn be replaced by office workers and apartment residents then the business outlook has to be very healthy.

There are so many people around right now that any of these places is like shooting fish in a barrel. You could convert a 2nd floor apartment into a spar and it make cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jkj1978

geecee wrote: »
    The Gala has now opened under Castleforbes Square Block B

Seems that they have no shelf label printer as there is no pricing on anything, but the shop does look nice.
    No idea who their target market is though as they are off the beaten path in terms of footfall. So i guess they are hoping for trade from Coopers Cross and the CFS Business park redevelopment

Didn't notice whether they had an off license - but i think not

Gala had wines now,i heard they waiting for off-licence

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭roycon111

Grafton barber and womens hair salon going in to Dublin Landings beside the Mayson according to the advert for one of the buildings that is up for sale/lease at the moment

Whats the deal with parking across from the Liffey trust building on Sheriff St Upper?

I see one of the signs are gone - is it free parking, or is it just a missing sign?
    I fully expect the clampers to have better PPE against COVID-19 and be out in force!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

kenmm wrote: »
    Whats the deal with parking across from the Liffey trust building on Sheriff St Upper?

I see one of the signs are gone - is it free parking, or is it just a missing sign?
    I fully expect the clampers to have better PPE against COVID-19 and be out in force!

I wouldn’t risk it. Builders remove signs in the area from time to time. It doesn’t mean the clampers are not out and about.

Any cheap parking about the area?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That bit has had no signs / no space markings for years.

All the dodgy cheaper surface carparks are gone. Point Village weekly deal mentioned up-thread is the cheapest by far

L1011 wrote: »
    That bit has had no signs / no space markings for years.

All the dodgy cheaper surface carparks are gone. Point Village weekly deal mentioned up-thread is the cheapest by far

Ye its a rental car and need to take it back in a couple days - will need to find something for now - I know there are one or two free spaces about but obv builders grabbed them all!

What used to be Gala....

fMXpQUO.jpg
    pnw7vcO.jpg

• Advertisement

Microsoft closes in on deal for new Dublin docklands offices
    US software giant looking to secure space for 400 additional workers at Dublin Landings

Number 3 Dublin Landings is well located within the city’s docklands

Microsoft is set to expand its Irish operations further with a planned move into new offices in the Dublin docklands.

The US-headquartered software giant is understood to be closing in on an agreement to rent up to 47,000sq ft of space at No 3 Dublin Landings from Irish property company, Iput.

The proposed deal will give Microsoft the capacity to grow its existing 1,800-strong Irish-based workforce by an additional 400 workers.

While the news of Microsoft’s expansion will be widely welcomed, coming as it does in the midst of the Covid-19 economic shock, the company’s intention to locate in No 3 Dublin Landings represents a particular coup for the building’s
    The Irish Times understands Microsoft will occupy offices comprising up to 47,000sq ft of space on the lower ground, ground and first floors at No 3 Dublin Landings, leaving a further 72,000sq ft available across the five remaining floors to other prospective tenants.

Asked for comment on the matter, a spokesman for Iput said: “Iput is in discussions with a number of prospective tenants in respect of No 3 Dublin Landings. When we have a letting to announce we will do so.”

Located immediately next to the respective headquarters of the Central Bank and the National Treasury Management Agency on the Dublin Landings campus, No 3 is a grade A headquarter office building.

The property has a BER A3 rating and is on target to achieve LEED Platinum certification, which is line with Iput’s sustainable investment strategy. During 2019, it was the first Irish property company to sign the UN principles for responsible investment.

Number 3 and the wider Dublin Landings development is well-located within the context of the city’s thriving docklands area. The newly-opened Mayson Hotel neighbours the scheme, while the Gibson Hotel, Point Square and the 3 Arena are all within a five-minute walk.

Apartments
    The IFSC, the Convention Centre Dublin and the Samuel Beckett Bridge, leading to Dublin’s south docks, are a 10-minute walk away. Salesforce’s new European headquarters, meanwhile, is being developed currently by Ronan Group Real Estate on the adjacent site.

Number 3 is just one of five commercial buildings Ballymore and its Singapore-headquartered partners Oxley developed as part of the Dublin Landings campus. Overall, the scheme extends to 1m sq ft of offices, residential and retail space. All four of the other commercial buildings have been sold, as have the 298 apartments which are due to be delivered between November 2019 and later this year.

The north docklands scheme has proven to be a lucrative undertaking for both its developers and for the National Asset Management Agency. In a recent announcement to the Singapore stock exchange, Oxley said the development and sale of the commercial and residential buildings at Dublin Landings had generated €745.4 million.

While the Oxley group is entitled to some €591.5 million of that total, Nama subsidiary National Asset North Quays DAC received the balance of €153.9 million.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

roycon111 wrote: »
    pnw7vcO.jpg

Interesting mix of eras there - older office section of Castleforbes is present, the "Vicon House" section seems to be under construction and St Barnabas hasn't been demolished yet, so pre 1969. Presume the taller, now gone section of Castleforbes was part of the Lever plant.

Dock era basically over (due to containerisation and deeper vessels), that weird intermediate era of small businesses and dereliction only beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Thats good news. I wonder will they run training there. Much easier location to get to than Sandyford.

Interesting mix of eras there - older office section of Castleforbes is present, the "Vicon House" section seems to be under construction and St Barnabas hasn't been demolished yet, so pre 1969. Presume the taller, now gone section of Castleforbes was part of the Lever plant.

Dock era basically over (due to containerisation and deeper vessels), that weird intermediate era of small businesses and dereliction only beginning.

I thought it was 70's - did they not demolish the church but leave the steeple for a good few years after?

I think 1969 is when the spire and shell came down; it was stripped bare before then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Johnny Ronan plans boutique hotel after paying €3.8m for Dublin docklands houses

More change in the area. I wonder how long the other houses along the luas line will last.

image.jpg

The other houses mostly have VERY determined owners who don't want to sell up. Someone would need to assemble them over decades really.

The 6 on the corner of Mayor Street Upper and New Wapping Street nearest the Luas stop I imagine have already received offers. Whatever about being determined, residents priorities change over time and things are only going to get far busier and dustier so I would wager it is likely they will end up selling over the next few years. The red brick houses across the street probably can't be demolished.

Alexandra terrace might be in line for offers as well although it is a very narrow site..

Last one to be sold according to the property price register below...

19/12/2014 €220,000.00 5, Upper Mayor Street, Dublin 1

Irish Times 09/06/20

An Post looks to relocate from GPO to Dublin’s tallest office
    Company in talks for at least 120,000sq ft at the Exo Building in city’s north docklands , which is approx 2/3rds of the 19 floor building which has a capacity for 2000 workers.

Food market is back at the park now, only 4 stands back so far and I think all are card-only

• Advertisement

Key Docklands Site set for 100 Million Sale

The site lies betwwen Upper Sheriff St and East Wall Road

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/key-dublin-docklands-site-primed-for-100m-sale-1.4298462

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I think it's the site between East Wall Road and port tunnel entrance, not between EWR and Sheriff Street

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00788743.pdf

Glenveagh to build new 270 Room Hotel and 8 storey office block on site of old A1 Depot on Upper Sheriff St.

There's another hotel (Premier Inn) proposed at the other end of that overall block too. Entire stretch from where the rail yard ends up to East Road will be redeveloped; as will the old Hireco/Dublin Waste site over the railway line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

subpar wrote: »
    Irish Times 09/06/20

An Post looks to relocate from GPO to Dublin’s tallest office
    Company in talks for at least 120,000sq ft at the Exo Building in city’s north docklands , which is approx 2/3rds of the 19 floor building which has a capacity for 2000 workers.

why the hell would they put public servants in a flagship city centre building? what a waste of money.

why the hell would they put public servants in a flagship city centre building? what a waste of money.

They're already in one, remember.

An Post is a commercial semi state and has to make money; its their choice to spend it how they want as long as they don't go bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

They're already in one, remember.

An Post is a commercial semi state and has to make money; its their choice to spend it how they want as long as they don't go bust.

I doubt many companies would want to be in the GPO tbh.

An owner would take less rent for a state or semi-state company with a state guarenteed lease. Its like selling a government bond. As we have seen with Yew Grove Reit over the last few months who have collected rent off its boring state tenants will the some of the big prime leases have suffered

An post also made a ****eload of money from selling its Macken Street site to Marlet and moving to East Wall. It would be good to have those sites close together and have more of a unified campus I imagine. Only a few hundred metres walk apart now

Absolutely, they should be in the basement

• Advertisement

roycon111 wrote: »
    An owner would take less rent for a state or semi-state company with a state guarenteed lease. Its like selling a government bond. As we have seen with Yew Grove Reit over the last few months who have collected rent off its boring state tenants will the some of the big prime leases have suffered

An post also made a ****eload of money from selling its Macken Street site to Marlet and moving to East Wall. It would be good to have those sites close together and have more of a unified campus I imagine. Only a few hundred metres walk apart now

That hasn't worked out in any cases. The open are regularly critisised for the contracts they sign

Advertisement