Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spanx leggings

• 02-01-2020 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a pair of spanks type leggings, preferably without the hefty price tag!

Do any of you know of any alternatives / dupes?
    Or are the real ones worth paying for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

hi, I got two pairs on ASOS recently when they have flash 20% off codes. Always pay in GBP but will deliver to Ireland for free. They're worth the price.
    I'm a size 10-12 usually but needed the 12-14 (M) size.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

I think they are worth paying for ! I’d try them on somewhere first though. I’m a 10 (27 inch waist) and both mine are a size S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

What styles do you guys have?
    I was looking for a pair of non-leather look ones to start.

I have the original ones and the wet look ones. The wet look ones are my favourite!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My wife picked up a couple of pairs of these in Mr.Price before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I know you said you aren’t looking for the wet look ones but I got these ones from the casual company. Kind of bought them on a whim (I’m 6 months pregnant so won’t be wearing them for a while) because I almost bought the Spanx ones on Black Friday because they were the thing to get but wasn’t sure I’d actually wear them.

Said I chance these ones first. They came today and are quite nice I think. I would be a size 8 and got 8-10 and they fit well on the legs. I can’t imagine they’ll last that long but for the price they are good value. The website is doing 20% off at the moment too.

https://casualcompany.ie/pages/wet-look-biker-leggings-in-black

Just ordered these from Figleaves, the have 15% off at the moment so they worked out at £55/€65 delivered.

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/spanx-look-at-me-now-seamless-leggings/SPX-009242.html?dwvar_SPX-009242_color=748149&cgid=brand-spanx#start=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Bit of a weird question, but I’m curious as to how ye style Spanx leggings?

I haven’t wore leggings in years (thinking back to long tops and denim skirts in the 2000’s :o ), the closest I’d ever get to leggings nowadays would be five pocket jeggings which have a button and fly closure.....

I hear a lot of hype around the leather look Spanx, but the lack of structure seems slightly off-putting to me.... I’m still interested in them however, as reviews re quality are positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Just ordered these from Figleaves, the have 15% off at the moment so they worked out at £55/€65 delivered.

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/spanx-look-at-me-now-seamless-leggings/SPX-009242.html?dwvar_SPX-009242_color=748149&cgid=brand-spanx#start=3

I don't overly wear leggings except for running and stuff so I am by no means expert but those seem very see through to me (knees on the picture where model is sitting).

I haven’t wore leggings in years (thinking back to long tops and denim skirts in the 2000’s :o ), the closest I’d ever get to leggings nowadays would be five pocket jeggings which have a button and fly closure.....

I hear a lot of hype around the leather look Spanx, but the lack of structure seems slightly off-putting to me.... I’m still interested in them however, as reviews re quality are positive :)

I wear them with tight tops - string vests etc that go in to the waistband without bulking it up. I will then wear a shirt over it if I don’t want to be too exposed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have the Moto leather look Spanx and have worn them with a "fancy" black tee from Zara, a black denim shirt and some over-sized jumpers, all with flat boots, quite casual but nice for weekend, pub etc. When it gets warmer I'll likely switch to white tees and runners. I haven't dressed them up at all.

I'm the same, I'm not a huge fan of leggings over all.
    I just want something comfortable to wear when I'm on the go running errands on my day off work, the appeal of the Spanks is they will somewhat disguise the lumps & bumps left over from Christmas!
    I will probably wear them with my con's & long shirts / oversize jumpers... I'm not a fan of short tops with leggings.
    meeeeh wrote: »
    I don't overly wear leggings except for running and stuff so I am by no means expert but those seem very see through to me (knees on the picture where model is sitting).

I did cop that after I ordered. Most of the reviews are positive & say they arent see through... I will report back when they arrive!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm the same, I'm not a huge fan of leggings over all.
    I just want something comfortable to wear when I'm on the go running errands on my day off work, the appeal of the Spanks is they will somewhat disguise the lumps & bumps left over from Christmas!

They do give amazing shape, I've joked with my friends that they've finally given me the arse & legs I've always wanted :pac:

I'd be tempted to try the jeans style ones now, wouldn't have much use for the plain black.

Advertisement