Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxi drivers income reduction due to covid??

• 20-09-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm doing some research on this, so if youre a taxi driver let me know by how much your income or business has dropped since March with covid and has it increased at all recently or stayed the same.
    If you could also put what County you work in that would be great

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Longhorn7 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm doing some research on this, so if youre a taxi driver let me know by how much your income or business has dropped since March with covid and has it increased at all recently or stayed the same.

Thanks in advance
    How much do you earn.
    Fairs fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Longhorn7

vandriver wrote: »
    How much do you earn.
    Fairs fair.

I'm in college doing statistics, so I earn about 10 euro an hour in my part time job.

If you don't want to say the amount you could give me the percentage your earnings have dropped since March.

Any help would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I'm in college doing statistics, so I earn about 10 euro an hour in my part time job.

If you don't want to say the amount you could give me the percentage your earnings have dropped since March.

Any help would be much appreciated

ahh... the aul college projects are back. Id suggest contacting the taxi drivers union and they'll probably have all these stats done out (although in true union form theyll claim the problem is much worse than it is)

this is a discussion forum, not a quick way to gather data for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I know 2 guys that drive a taxi and neither have bothered going back out since all this started. Both working for DHL or someone similar now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

June was ok,July ok,August mmmm not so much, September ... off a cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Longhorn7

vandriver wrote: »
    June was ok,July ok,August mmmm not so much, September ... off a cliff.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Thanks in advance

What kind of person would ask another about their income?
    Thats a private matter.
    Ask as to what % passengers numbers are down , yes, but asking about their income?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I haven't driven a mile since March.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I haven't driven a mile since March.

I think most taxi drivers are in the same boat.
    Its terrible for them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement