Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bluetooth/volume issue on calls in car?

• 11-05-2021 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone could advise on this situation. I got new phone which connects fine to car
    But issue is when making a call I can't hear the ringing before someone answers, I just hear someone answer..sound quality for call is fine

On an incoming call I hear no ringing, I just know I'm getting a call as radio stops playing and I see on screen I've a call coming in
    But it's complete silence in terms of ringtone etc

I've gone through all settings in car & phone , can't figure it out

Any advice?

In case it matters car is a 2014 Kia optima , phone is a Google pixel 4 a

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is the volume turned up?

When someone rings you turn the volume button to increase the ring tone (before answering).

Had this myself, not on the same car, but done the trick.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Cass wrote: »
    Is the volume turned up?

When someone rings you turn the volume button to increase the ring tone (before answering).

Had this myself, not on the same car, but done the trick.

This sounds about right to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks for replies, that seemed to work on incoming calls

Only issue now is there is still no ringtone when I make an outgoing call. Just silence until someone answers, no issue during call with the person.
    I just don't hear any ring

Not the biggest deal just a bit annoying really

Do the same thing for outgoing calls. Check the volume when the phone is dialing and also check the phone settings that it is not on some silent mode once connected to the car.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Tried everything suggested but still no ringtone or audio on outgoing calls, very strange really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

On my Kia Niro I do hear a ringtone on outgoing calls but you have to really turn the volume up high (up to 40 on mine) to hear anything. I use the steering wheel volume controls for this, not sure if that's any different to using the volume knob.

Alun wrote: »
    On my Kia Niro I do hear a ringtone on outgoing calls but you have to really turn the volume up high (up to 40 on mine) to hear anything. I use the steering wheel volume controls for this, not sure if that's any different to using the volume knob.

Ok. Think I tried that too but will have another play around this evening thanks

Have you access to another car or any bluetooth device? Try an outgoing call and see if the ringing can be heard.

It may be a car issue. I won't pretend to know the specifics as it outside my bailiwick, but it could be an issue with the car, "feedback" tones coming through the phone and car speaker.

Sorry.

Must be related to new phone. Worked fine on Friday with old phone. Wouldn't work Saturday morning with new phone. So presuming not related to car

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

big_drive wrote: »
    Must be related to new phone. Worked fine on Friday with old phone. Wouldn't work Saturday morning with new phone. So presuming not related to car

Most likely there's some kind of profile settings on the new phone where you can adjust the settings of when an outbound call is made while connected to Bluetooth system in the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement