Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Ireland - Apple CarPlay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

The Falcon wrote: »

Lads i take it that this could be gone out the window so in the current climate:rolleyes::rolleyes::P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Was booking my 191 Corolla Hybrid in for service today and I asked the dealer service guy about this. He said they had been promised retro fitting would be available from July but he was not sure if that timeline has slipped. He said some of the 201 Corollas went out without Apple Car Play even though they were meant to have it.

ElNino wrote: »
    Was booking my 191 Corolla Hybrid in for service today and I asked the dealer service guy about this. He said they had been promised retro fitting would be available from July but he was not sure if that timeline has slipped. He said some of the 201 Corollas went out without Apple Car Play even though they were meant to have it.

This could delay it a bit i say till they get back to some form of Normal. & see what is what.

ElNino wrote: »

Did you find out anything else about the retro upgrade( since the service) ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Did you find out anything else about the retro upgrade( since the service) ??

I was told it will be August at least before its available.

I was told it will be August at least before its available.

Good man thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

This is the latest from Toyota GB. I have had no reply to numerous queries to Toyota Ireland (no surprise there!)

Anyone go in a for a service since ?? (just asking )

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

This is the latest from Toyota GB. I have had no reply to numerous queries to Toyota Ireland (no surprise there!)

Thanks for that. I asked at my service in June in Liffey Valley and got an “I dunno”. Wtf is wrong with Toyota Ireland and communication? Same on Twitter, no reply on anything wrt CarPlay

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I asked at my service in June in Liffey Valley and got an “I dunno”. Wtf is wrong with Toyota Ireland and communication? Same on Twitter, no reply on anything wrt CarPlay
    Came across this on Toyota Owners Club UK

Folks, FYI the retrofit update files for AC/AA have been uploaded by Toyota this week, there is a mass of activity over on the Italian and Spanish forums with reports of successfull updates for corolla and rav4 owners. Seems it is an easy update if you have no nav but more complicated if you do, 3x separate USB keys are needed with one needing to be a 32gb.

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
    https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
    USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
    USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

Link to topic

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/190895-retro-fit-apple-carplay-android-auto/?do=findComment&comment=1544236

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's some faff!

Came across this on Toyota Owners Club UK

Folks, FYI the retrofit update files for AC/AA have been uploaded by Toyota this week, there is a mass of activity over on the Italian and Spanish forums with reports of successfull updates for corolla and rav4 owners. Seems it is an easy update if you have no nav but more complicated if you do, 3x separate USB keys are needed with one needing to be a 32gb.

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
    https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
    USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
    USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

Link to topic

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/190895-retro-fit-apple-carplay-android-auto/?do=findComment&comment=1544236

you can use google chrome to open links as well & left click translate to english if you want to read it as well.

I am going to let some else try it out 1st before i try it.:p:p

That's some faff!

I've been hounding Toyota Ireland about this since February without even the courtesy of a reply. New Toyota Corolla owners, like myself, might find this of interest.

you can use google chrome to open links as well & left click translate to english if you want to read it as well.

I am going to let some else try it out 1st before i try it.:p:p

All we need now is a guinea pig to see if it works!

�� All we need now is a guinea pig to see if it works!
    it seems if u have sat nav you need another step or something reading from the spanish forum 'trikerman' man one

it seems if u have sat nav you need another step or something reading from the spanish forum 'trikerman' man one

I don't have sat nav so looks like usb3 only for me. I have a contact in Denis Mahony so gonna ask him if he's heard anything. Will update.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've been hounding Toyota Ireland about this since February without even the courtesy of a reply. New Toyota Corolla owners, like myself, might find this of interest.

Go the distance on this. AA/ACP are excellent.

just for reference our units without the sat nav are the 17tdt1eu-da02 version

It might void your warranty as well if you go near it and screw it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

From a dealers point of view...The only information is that the update is confirmed for some point in September. After seeing the post about Spain & Italy i've had a quick look on the technical information site, no updated bulletins or software updates in the last couple of days, but i do know these are released on a country by country basis.

I do know its going to be available on all Corolla Models MY19 and Some Rav4 (Sol spec upwards is my understanding)

Ill post up here once the update has been confirmed country wide.

• Advertisement

From a dealers point of view...The only information is that the update is confirmed for some point in September. After seeing the post about Spain & Italy i've had a quick look on the technical information site, no updated bulletins or software updates in the last couple of days, but i do know these are released on a country by country basis.

I do know its going to be available on all Corolla Models MY19 and Some Rav4 (Sol spec upwards is my understanding)

Ill post up here once the update has been confirmed country wide.
    All though it seems easy for me to do (no Sat nav model) I think I will wait. I have more come back in case anything goes wrong when they install it. As long as they dont take the piss with the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I was picking a service kit up in Toyota Liffey Valley last week and I enquired about Android auto for herselfs 2016 Auris (with nav) and the guy told me to give them a call in 4 to 5 weeks. Now he didn't tell me outright that it would be available, but they would know more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Beltby wrote: »
    I was picking a service kit up in Toyota Liffey Valley last week and I enquired about Android auto for herselfs 2016 Auris (with nav) and the guy told me to give them a call in 4 to 5 weeks. Now he didn't tell me outright that it would be available, but they would know more then.

100% not available, Only vehicles where retro fit will be available are New Generation Corolla & Rav4

I was talking to the lad win Liffey Valley yesterday and they said September is what they have been told but they’ve heard that before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

I took the plunge and updated my non nav 192 corolla hatch. It took ages.... I would say 45mins to an hour and rebooted several times I would say close to 10. One part it got stuck at 50% but after 5-10 mins it progressed, I was getting worried at that stage! I kept the ignition on at all times and didn't leave the car. Looks very nice. Will have a play around with Android Auto later after my nerves have calmed down :D

illumin wrote: »
    I took the plunge and updated my non nav 192 corolla hatch. It took ages.... I would say 45mins to an hour and rebooted several times I would say close to 10. One part it got stuck at 50% but after 5-10 mins it progressed, I was getting worried at that stage! I kept the ignition on at all times and didn't leave the car. Looks very nice. Will have a play around with Android Auto later after my nerves have calmed down :D
    i would love to do the same thing but too nervous & the garage know me so it would be awkward when i go in & i have android auto in it & asked 20,000 questions then. U only used usb 3 then. The one with the sat nav go is the problem i think, if u have no sat nav you are sorted.

Well done! Brave man - Gonna give it a go myself over the weekend. You've given me the confidence and saved me a massive heart attack if mine stalls like yours did lol. Thanks again for taking the plunge.
    Did you do USB 2 first and then SUB 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Well done! Brave man - Gonna give it a go myself over the weekend. You've given me the confidence and saved me a massive heart attack if mine stalls like yours did lol. Thanks again for taking the plunge.
    Did you do USB 2 first and then SUB 3?

Mine is the non satnav version so I only used the usb3 file. Extracted it to the root of a fat32 formatted usb key. I've seen on other forums people with a satnav have had problems so I would advise against upgrading if you do have the satnav radio.

Mine is the non satnav version so I only used the usb3 file. Extracted it to the root of a fat32 formatted usb key. I've seen on other forums people with a satnav have had problems so I would advise against upgrading if you do have the satnav radio.

ya loads of people with satnav go were having problems were you reading the spanish forum ??

• Advertisement

You're a braver man than I! Fair play. My car has nav on it though and I'm part luddite so maybe won't try it myself.

Advertisement