Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tyre leader

Options
  • 21-09-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ha anybody used this co to purchase tyres. Their prices are very competitive, but to read the review re,delivery and most especially customer services would make me run away. I know what people are like on fb and how reviews on that platform should be taken lightly,so has anyone here had any real world recent dealings with Tyre Leader,and how was the experience.
    Cheers.
    Odyssey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Used them 2/3 times never took more than 4 days for tyres to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have ordered two sets of tyres from them, I found them very good no more than a week delivery for both sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've ordered twice from them in the last couple of months with no problems at all. In both cases it took almost exactly a week from ordering to delivery. The company is based in Andorra but the tyres came from the Netherlands and were delivered by DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have ordered two sets of tyres from them, I found them very good no more than a week delivery for both sets.

Can't believe I'm accepting advice from CJH :D:D

Thanks fellas,that's all very positive. Think I'll pull the trigger. Huge saving on the usual tyre centre I've been using for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another +1 for TL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

+1. Used them at least 6 times this year....and never any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

How do they compare against Oponeo and Eiretyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Usually a couple of euro cheaper per tyre.

How do they compare against Oponeo and Eiretyres?

Didn't look at eite tyers but almost €8.00 cheaper than openeo.
    €60.00 cheaper than bricks and mortar Venter. Then ad 10/15 fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Didn't look at eite tyers but almost €8.00 cheaper than openeo.
    €60.00 cheaper than bricks and mortar Venter. Then ad 10/15 fitting.

If you think your going to get 4 tyres balanced and fitted for €10/15 then you need to think again. Many places will charge €10 a tyre minimum plus disposal fee for the old tyres unless you take them away with you.

If you think your going to get 4 tyres balanced and fitted for €10/15 then you need to think again. Many places will charge €10 a tyre minimum plus disposal fee for the old tyres unless you take them away with you.

All the above prices are PER TYRE caller ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petarku

Hi guys , tyreleader is pretty late with delivering my tyres (ordered 4 of them on 11th of March and 2 of them still not delivered with dpd) . I read their policy and it is said that I can have refund if tyres are not delivered in 20 days since days of purchase. They are very close on not deliver on this so i would probably ask for partial refund of that 2 tyres.
    Whenever i mention refund to customer service they just ignore me. Did anyone ask for refund from tyreleader ?
    I dont see anywhere explained what is procedure , i dont see any number i can call , there is only post address in Andorra ?!
    How would you go about this next week if tyres will not be delivered ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Customer service is tyreleaders downfall, it's close to non existent. Lots of auto replies to queries. I've never needed to get a refund so can't offer advice other than to keep at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petarku

Yup , it really looks like a big gambling to order with them.
    I should read trust pilot reviews before ordering, a lot of people are complaining about the exactly same issues that i have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

bought 2 tyres from them last thursday, they were much cheaper so I took the gamble, no probs and delivered to local tyre fitter within around 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pecon

Rubbish company. I ordered two motorcycle tyres from them as they came with free shipping. I would normally use Pneus or Oponeo but they did not have the sizes I needed as a pair.

The order was split into two deliveries. The first was collected and delivered within ten days but the second was still showing as ordered after a week. I then received an email saying that the courier had lost the tyre and did I want a replacement or a refund. I opted for a replacement and after several automated messages over a couple of days I got another message saying that it was out of stock. I asked for a full refund and return of the first tyre and received an offer of a credit note for one tyre.

I eventually received a refund for one tyre and had to order a replacement from Pneus who had it back in stock. Unfortunately this cost extra for shipping as free shipping was only available for two or more tyres. Don't believe the reviews on their site, have a look at Trustpilot for the real ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement