Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

• 17-02-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

Kanger Subtank , mini , nano .

Who has one , for how long , what do you think of it , how easy/hard is the rebuildable ?
    How good/bad is the rebuildable ?
    Can you close down the air holes and get it vaping like a standard clearo as opposed to a cloud machine ?
    Was it worth the money ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

No one ?

Someone must be willing to share , come on now , step up to the podium .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Must of missed this post,I have been using one for about a month now (0.5 coils) but it has been hard work for me,for a start,difficult to do mouth to lung on all settings of the air flow,so I tend to just do lung hits,reason I am finding it hard is because all my liquids are 24mg & that strength with lung hit is bluddy hard.
    This is why I haven't used the RBA on it,been trying to save money out of my disability pension so I can buy some 6mg juice & really give this subtank a good beefing,I now have juice on the way.
    I never tried the 1.2 coil because the .5 coil is still performing after a month & no need to swap them out.
    When I buy again,it will be a Delta II (just for a change) great reports again,I would say that there is no difference between the Subtank & Delta II.
    Sorry,not alot of info to be said at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

So, the delta II would be equally hard to do a mouth to lung on in your estimation Dipstick?

I was going to get a subtank due to the issues Ive been having with my nautilus but won't if I can't MTL it.

I'd be in the same boat , I was looking for something like the nautilus but with me able to build my own coils .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

I certainly can't mouth to lung with my 25mm subtant, even with only 1 air hole half open.1.2ohm 18w 3 air hole's gives me a nice direct lung hit.I've not had a go at the rebuild section yet, I'll give it a go when this tank is empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have not tried the RBA section yet Jonski. (it will be my first time rebuilding too..eek)

I got the mini. Only tried the 0.5 coil on my Aspire Sub-ohm battery.

IMO it is made for direct lung inhales, but the higher ohm coil may be better for mouth to lung.

I am getting a tiny bit of leakage from the airholes. Googling gives results with others with the same issue.

Maybe 10% better flavour than the Atlantis, with that probably down to the OCC they use.

All in all pretty happy with it :P

Might be helpful for you MoonBoy, stealthIRL posted a vid in the BVC coils I posted , it has a segment with the lads from Aspire building coils. Busardo said it would help someone who was in to rebuilding.

Busardo built a coil for the subtank mini while he was reviewing it and made it look sooooo easy , thats what has me looking at buying it , but if I can't do mouth to lung with it then there is no point , for me .

Might be helpful for you MoonBoy, stealthIRL posted a vid in the BVC coils I posted , it has a segment with the lads from Aspire building coils. Busardo said it would help someone who was in to rebuilding.

Cheers RIchieNouveau :)

Vaping With Vic has a video with him getting a few more weeks from the stock coil (at 19m), basically removing the cotton and adding more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I can't do lung hits either really, they make me cough 2 out of 3 times and I'm only using 6mg liquid. The eGrip I'm using now is pretty airy but I can still get a good mouth to lung hit from it.

I think I'll skip both the subtank and the atlantis.

• Advertisement

Anyone know a place where i can pick up a cheap stand for a SVD 2.0 or some replacment glass for the 25mm subtank, I have knocked this thing over about 10 times already it's only a matter of time before it splits open.

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Anyone know a place where i can pick up a cheap stand for a SVD 2.0 or some replacment glass for the 25mm subtank, I have knocked this thing over about 10 times already it's only a matter of time before it splits open.

Bart at "The Best Shop" can,he does 3D printing & will make a stand for it along with any other Mod or PV on the same stand,max size he can do is 20cmX20cm,fairly cheap as well,just email him & tell him what you want.

So, the delta II would be equally hard to do a mouth to lung on in your estimation Dipstick?

I was going to get a subtank due to the issues Ive been having with my nautilus but won't if I can't MTL it.

All these sub ohm type of tanks are useless for MTL,I do love lung hits but I do prefer MTL,I think there is a better taste,all my luxury liquids as I call them,the expensive ones with excellent taste & nic hits,I use all mini Nautilus's on isticks,some reports on leakage & gurgling,I get none of that,because I am very particular with maintaining them whether they are full of liquid or not,most important cleaning I do is the air hole,on a full tank,I would clean it twice,I unscrew the base with marigolds,unscrew the coil,wipe coil with kitchen roll,then put a sheet of KR over the section where the coil normally screws into,turn AFC ring to the biggest hole or what ever hole you use & blow very hard into the hole a couple of times,then screw a bit of KR & clean out the coil section on the base & thats it,sounds like alot to do,it only takes 2 or 3 minutes but it works for me.
    Some BVC coils are not 100% perfect & they leak,but the good ones,I can use 3 tanks or more without doing all this.It's always down to how lucky you are when buying these coils.Good thing about the BVC coils is that they do not leak at the 510 connection,we can put up with the air hole leaks.
    Also take off the drip tip,put a sheet of KR over the top of the Nautilus,while holding the Nautilus in your hand with KR over the drip tip section,flick it hard downwards a few times,you will be amazed how much liquid is sitting in the air tube,just clean the inside of the drip tip section & also hold the actual drip tip tight to a bit of KR & blow hard,then release tissue while blowing & do it a couple of times.
    I have many different Clearo's that I am using & the best is the Mini Nautilus & the iclear 30 imo comes second,these two work great for me,I'm holding a record of my own that I used well over 30 Nuatilus tanks of juice on one BVC coil.

Thanks for that detailed post YD! Unfortunately, my problem is quite different and I've actually had no leaking whatsoever from my mini, which is great. I've suddenly developed a reaction of sorts to the coils or the tank and it gives me a tight chest and a scratchy throat. Aerotank isn't doing that so I've been using it but I miss the vape off the mini. I've got a couple of iclear 30s's that I may go back to. I'll try the cotton BVC coils when I see them available and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for that detailed post YD! Unfortunately, my problem is quite different and I've actually had no leaking whatsoever from my mini, which is great. I've suddenly developed a reaction of sorts to the coils or the tank and it gives me a tight chest and a scratchy throat. Aerotank isn't doing that so I've been using it but I miss the vape off the mini. I've got a couple of iclear 30s's that I may go back to. I'll try the cotton BVC coils when I see them available and see if that makes a difference.

:D:D:D:D Sorry about that,I posted this thread to help somebody else who had the leaking problem,don't know how it ended up here & I don't know who wanted help,I think I need more Nicotine.

Your problem has got to be the coil or the device you are using,coils operate differently on different devices,for instance,one of my big Nautilus's works great on my itaste 134,but it is crap & similar probs like you when using it on my MVP,Segelii 100,IPV2 & some mech mods,why is this happening,buggered if I know,I just change the coil out from a different batch that I bought,I tend to buy coils from different vendors,so I don't get the same batch.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful,it is so annoying when these type of problems come up & there are no answers available.

There can only be three things that are wrong,coil,device & liquid,maybe an incompatible trio,matter of ifs & buts.

Bart at "The Best Shop" can,he does 3D printing & will make a stand for it along with any other Mod or PV on the same stand,max size he can do is 20cmX20cm,fairly cheap as well,just email him & tell him what you want.

That's pretty cool, i got the istick stand and its great.I will drop him an email thanks man.

:D:D:D:D Sorry [SNIP]

Ha don't be silly! You've been more than helpful. Everyone here is. Chuffed I found my way here. Wish I'd have found it a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dball

just wondering - those of you that have purchased a subtank, did you wash/boil it before use or are they being made to a standard now that is ready to use straight from the box?

I never wash new tanks,never had a bad one yet.

My subtank stunk of machine oil, even the cotton had a oil smell to it and it came out in the taste.After a couple of washes it was fine.

• Advertisement

dball wrote: »
    just wondering - those of you that have purchased a subtank, did you wash/boil it before use or are they being made to a standard now that is ready to use straight from the box?

I washed mine in hot water. There was no smell of it, but i think it is wise to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I washed mine in hot water. There was no smell of it, but i think it is wise to do it.

Same. Hot water from the tap and a good wipe dry with some tissue/ kitchen paper (not with the subtank but anyway...).

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Picked up the mini last friday. Its fantastic.

Kanger SubTank Update- Issues found - Thumbs Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QZlLp8aPY

Kanger SubTank Update- Issues found - Thumbs Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QZlLp8aPY

Ah! crap :mad: my subtank does this, do you think Kanger would send me a new top section with a straight chimney post.

I went into town for nothing , came home with a Subtank Mini .

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Ah! crap :mad: my subtank does this, do you think Kanger would send me a new top section with a straight chimney post.

Afraid to report, my mini is doing the same thing also :(

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Afraid to report, my mini is doing the same thing also :(

Bart at the best shop is replacing my subtank, didn't even have to beg for it :) top bloke is Bart.You could try for a replacement to, it seems a lot of subtank's have this problem.

LazyPicti wrote:
    Bart at the best shop is replacing my subtank, didn't even have to beg for it  top bloke is Bart.You could try for a replacement to, it seems a lot of subtank's have this problem.

A good guy is Bart. He refunded me in full after a late night drunken shopping spree went all wrong :)

I'll get onto Irish vape and see what they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Can anyone think of a way to protect the glass? I'm thinking of seeing if the vendor with the 3d printer would knock something out? I'm getting a subtank 2nd hand and I just know that I'll be clumsy with it. Thanks

Advertisement