Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

grindle wrote: »
    What happens if one person wins both ProVaris, the Bam mod, the Kir Fanis tanks, the ESI liquids, etc, etc....???

We mug then when they try to leave and divide out the spoils?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

stevenmu wrote: »
    We mug then when they try to leave and divide out the spoils?

Aw yeahhhh, give 'em a Throathit Mod they'll never forget.

not-looking-punch-neck.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

grindle wrote: »
    What happens if one person wins both ProVaris, the Bam mod, the Kir Fanis tanks, the ESI liquids, etc, etc....???

I"ve just counted all the prizes, and there are exactly one bazillion of them (well, over a hundred anyway(over fifty if the juice prizes are for single winners)...This raffle might be going on until 6am!!!).

How are these things being divided up?
    I'm not entirely sure how it's gonna run to be honest, I just remember reading something about 12 tickets on the website.

Would be fair lousy if one person won all the goodies tho! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

plenty prices, plenty winners is what will happen, a very few will be very happy winners
    (attending vapefest and vaping in general makes you a winner anyway...)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Just to answer a couple of questions regarding the raffle.

Its maximum of 12 tickets per person to make it as fair as possible so that everyone gets the same chance. There's more details on the website here

The raffle wont all be done in the one go but over a couple of sessions possibly one around 12 -12:30pm and one around 3/3.30pm though this will be confirmed in early September.

The format for the raffle itself and the way the prizes are being split will be announced in early September as there is a lot of organising to do and there will be more raffle prizes coming on line as well so it makes sense to work out the format later.

I'll also be attending the UK Vapefest in August and will see first hand how they manage the raffle over there and I'm hoping that will help me tie down the finer details to make sure everything is done properly and fairly.

I will announce the full details/format/prize breakdown in early September and in the meantime I'm gonna keep drooling over some of the gear that's coming in. :D

• Advertisement

I was on Facebook there and I seen that Ovale Ireland put a picture up of the framed Vapefest Ireland poster in their shop :D
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ovale-Ireland-electronic-cigarettes/339316076091472

qzZUul.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I see the best shop have the banner on the home page as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Should be able to make it now, only an hour and a half from Askeaton. Can't wait to try some flavours, still can't find one that hits the right buttons, the pear 10ml off TBS was good but no 30ml or 50ml, might give watermelon a go when they get back.

Haven't spent any money on vaping in the last week :) got about 10 bottles of juice to through and more batteries n bits to open my own store, happy with my LT batteries lasted me 44hrs, 36hrs and last one 28hrs and counting, and thats on roughly 3ml's a day on 18mg.

Can't wait to win my Provari in the raffle ;)

might see if any rooms left for the night, it would be a struggle be there all day without a few Bulmers light.
    50 days off fags yesterday and not going to count anymore, no point haven't wanted one since day one :D

• Advertisement

kiffy wrote: »
    Should be able to make it now, only an hour and a half from Askeaton. Can't wait to try some flavours, still can't find one that hits the right buttons, the pear 10ml off TBS was good but no 30ml or 50ml, might give watermelon a go when they get back.

Haven't spent any money on vaping in the last week :) got about 10 bottles of juice to through and more batteries n bits to open my own store, happy with my LT batteries lasted me 44hrs, 36hrs and last one 28hrs and counting, and thats on roughly 3ml's a day on 18mg.

might see if any rooms left for the night, it would be a struggle be there all day without a few Bulmers light.
    50 days off fags yesterday and not going to count anymore, no point haven't wanted one since day one :D[/QUOTE

Its great you can make it kiffy and will be even better if your staying as promises to be a good session and laugh. Even if the rooms were gone in hotel there are other Hotels and B&Bs nearby as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

50 days off fags yesterday and not going to count anymore, no point haven't wanted one since day one :D

I haven't counted the days in quite a while but I'm probably around 80 or so since I made the switch not long after getting together with my girlfriend.

I'm definitely going to be making this trip on the day from Limerick but still haven't decided on whether or not I will be staying but I'm willing to offer my car up for carpooling if anyone's interested! PM me if you're looking for a way up from Limerick City!

Also Kiffy, that ProVari is MINE!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I put an app on my phone at the time so that's the only reason I know - 10 weeks this Friday :eek:

CJKeane wrote: »
    I haven't counted the days in quite a while but I'm probably around 80 or so since I made the switch not long after getting together with my girlfriend.

I'm definitely going to be making this trip on the day from Limerick but still haven't decided on whether or not I will be staying but I'm willing to offer my car up for carpooling if anyone's interested! PM me if you're looking for a way up from Limerick City!

Also Kiffy, that ProVari is MINE!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Will get back to you on the car pooling as I am strongly thinking of staying overnight so I can have a few pints during the day, I will be looking forward to a few ciders while puffing on my Gold Provari ;)

CJ you've no chance of winning it, my name is on it already I can feel it in my water.:D

BTW Out of curiosity are the batteries for the Provari and the Lavatube the same? (the 18650 ones) from what I've read on sites they seem the same?? and should work on both models, would save on buying batteries and a charger.

I hope a vender has Provari's for sale coz if I don't win one I will definitely buy one on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

BTW Out of curiosity are the batteries for the Provari and the Lavatube the same? (the 18650 ones) from what I've read on sites they seem the same?? and should work on both models, would save on buying batteries and a charger.

I hope a vender has Provari's for sale coz if I don't win one I will definitely buy one on the day.

The Provari uses batteries with a nipple top while the Lavatube uses ones with a flat top. However, if you use magnetic spacers on the flat tops they can be used on your new Provari. I think 18490 are the standard battery for the Provari but you can use 18650 (bigger and last longer) if you buy an end-cap which extends the device. Provari is great but extremely expensive when you consider all the decent vv's that are on the market now at a much cheaper price.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    The Provari uses batteries with a nipple top while the Lavatube uses ones with a flat top. However, if you use magnetic spacers on the flat tops they can be used on your new Provari. I think 18490 are the standard battery for the Provari but you can use 18650 (bigger and last longer) if you buy an end-cap which extends the device. Provari is great but extremely expensive when you consider all the decent vv's that are on the market now at a much cheaper price.

Thanks for that info Bubba, wouldn't you just bloody know one of them would have to be different and awkward.

As you say there are plenty of other vv's out there much cheaper, but it's the Rolls Royce of vaping, why settle for a Skoda when you can have a Rolls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Well done to Newmark for getting this organised. It looks like it's going to be a great event with loads of brilliant prizes. I'll be away so won't be able to make it but I hope everyone has a great time and hope there will be lots of photos taken and it will become an annual event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Newmark, excellent work!

Hotel booked - looking forward to it now

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Another good one Newmark.

Yes, it was nice of him to mention it :)

chacal wrote: »
    Newmark, excellent work!

Hotel booked - looking forward to it now

Great stuff can't wait myself now, I'm counting the days!! :D

I never realised there are so many newspapers in Ireland, I just send over 50 separate email & website contact emails requesting a feature for Vapefest Ireland. I need a vape!!

Bargain Vapour have announced a partnership with DKS E-liquid of Italy and in association with DKS-Eliquid will be providing Vapefest Ireland with a 10ml bottle of each flavour from their 100% natural patented e-liquid range for the Monster Raffle.

Its also looking like DKS E-liquid may be joining us at Vapefest Ireland on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

newmark wrote: »
    Bargain Vapour have announced a partnership with DKS E-liquid of Italy and in association with DKS-Eliquid will be providing Vapefest Ireland with a 10ml bottle of each flavour from their 100% natural patented e-liquid range for the Monster Raffle.

Its also looking like DKS E-liquid may be joining us at Vapefest Ireland on the day :)

You deserve a pint for all this. Maybe even two.. Maybe :-)

Ah no need for that.. 2 pints of e-liquid is way too much, 1 is more than enough :D:D:D Sorry couldn't resist, lol...

Is there anyone any good at making video clips for youtube who might volunteer to put together a teaser video clip for Vapefest Ireland that includes a picture of venue, vendors logos, pics of prizes, the leprechaun with the gold provari and some feelgood lively background music ? I could embed it on the website as well maybe.

EZsmoke in association with Jasper and Jasper have announced additional prizes for the raffle including 2 x Revive Starter kits and 2 x Mini Explorer Starter Kits. EZsmoke will also have some Impulse Jasper and Jasper Disposable Ecigs to give away from their stand on the day. :)

As always further details are available on the Vapefest Ireland website

e-smokeireland have also added to their raffle pot and as part of their exclusive agreement with House of Liquid to bring the el toro range of e-liquids to Ireland are throwing in 9 x 50mls of E-liquid, 3 each of the Naturales, Puros and Eden flavours. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Shiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

ESI stepping up the game in terms of juice....the only reason I've never tried the El toro stuff is the fact I'll have to wait for it with shipping from the uk, so damn annoying....

Advertisement