Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Vapefest Announcement

• 19-06-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am excited :D to announce that Vapefest Ireland will take place at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel near Portlaoise on 15th September 2012 from 11am to late. This location was picked because it is vape friendly and located in a central part of Ireland. It’s hoped this will make it as accessible as possible, for people travelling from north, south, east and west of the country.

I would like to state this is a non profit event and the sole purpose is to promote vaping & e-cigarette use in Ireland and to provide an arena where curious, new or experienced vapers and vendors can meet each other and have a fun and interesting day/night.

The event will facilitate those who are curious about vaping & ecigarettes by providing a platform where vendors and experienced users of ecigarettes will be able to advise and demonstrate how ecigarettes work and share experiences with each other.
    Whether you’re experienced at vaping or have recently started, there will be plenty there to interest you.

It is foreseen that there will be a vast display of different types of e-cigarette type systems available on the day, along with a free juice bar where everyone can sample different flavoured e-liquids and a rebuildable table where a demonstration of different types of rebuildable type systems and setups will be shown. I will be looking into other activities on the day and am open to ideas if anyone has something they would like to see done. And of course there will be a monster raffle for attendees; more details are on the Vapefest website.

So far 9 of the Irish vendors have confirmed they will attend on the day and we have kindly being given sponsorship of some fantastic prizes for a grand raffle from a total of 12 vendors. I’m expecting more vendors and prizes to be announced soon.

The vendors, who so far, are either supporting or attending the event and the prizes donated for the monster raffle, are as follows in alphabetical order:

www.bargainvapour.com Prize(s) to be announced.

www.bestecig.ie 1 x Ego-W kit with a total of 10 ego-w cartomisers and a 50ml bottle of e-liquid from the Bestecig range and 1 x ego-C kit with a total of 10 ego-c atty heads and a 50ml bottle of e-liquid kindly donated by Paul from Bestecig.

www.thebestshop.eu Prize(s) to be announced

http://www.e-cigireland.com A total of 4 x 510 PCC starter kits, kindly donated by Mel.

www.e-cigshop.eu Prize(s) to be announced.

www.ecirettesolutions.com Prize(s) to be announced.

www.e-smokeireland.eu Prize(s) to be announced.

www.ezsmoke.ie 1 x Ego CE4plus V2 Starter kit, kindly donated by Declan from EZsmoke.

http://www.mjstrading.ie/ 3 x Green Smoke starter kits (2 rechargeable batteries, wall charger and 5 cartomizers, RRP €69.99 each), 3 Green Smoke Intro Kits (rechargeable battery, USB charger and 2 cartomizers, RRP €34.99 each), 10 Green Smoke disposable Vapors (RRP €9.99 each) kindly donated by Green Smoke

www.irishvapers.com 10 bottles of e-liquid from the full white label range of e-liquids, 1 of each flavour and strength of your choice, kindly donated by Alberto.

www.ovaleireland.com Prize(s) to be announced

www.provape.com A 24k gold Provari Starter kit, including an 18650 and an 18490 battery, regular end cap, extension cap, battery charger, atomisers, drip tip and velvet sleeve kindly donated by Provape.

www.thevapourstore.com €500 in vouchers which will be split into 1 x €200 voucher, 1 x €100 voucher and 4 x €50 vouchers, a fantastic gesture kindly donated by Helen who unfortunately can’t attend on the day even though she would love to if it was possible.

We have also launched a website that has more information on the venue and the event which can be found here www.vapefestireland.weebly.com

Any one that has any questions or ideas for the event can contact me through PM here on boards or through the contact us section of the Vapefest website. Any vendor who may like to attend or donate a prize for the raffle may also contact me.

It is sincerely hoped that as many vapers as possible especially the guys who are here on boards and any new people thinking of starting vaping instead of tobacco cigarettes will manage to attend this event, where it is hoped that a fun and enjoyable day will be had by all.
    I’d also ask everyone here to try encourage family members and friends who vape or are interested in quitting smoking for e-cigarettes to come along on the day as it isn’t often an opportunity to meet most of the Irish vendors and win such fabulous prizes comes along.

I wish to also thank Mewso, Derra and Eeloe for some help and advice along the way while organising this event. Mewso has also kindly agreed to be press officer for any press coverage we may get for event in the run up to it and this is much appreciated.

I will update this thread with event news as it happens.

Shane (Newmark)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Fantastic work mate...it's surely going to be a great day!

Sorry i couldn't be more concrete in the helping of the event, but i'm up to my eyes at the minute, and i've got a lot on, but i'll keep doing what i can to help fight the good fight! :)

Cracking array of prizes there so far, a 24k gold provari...nice!

It's marked in my calendar and i'll be there... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I will put up an announcement soon but I want to leave the current one up until boards do a site wide announcement re. James Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Good man Shane.
    Has the makings of a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What will happen at night time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm hoping to squeeze in a few pints in between fending off miffed vendors who can't post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

There is music in the hotel bar that evening and people can book in to stay at the hotel if they wish. They have fairly good rates and there is sure to be a good party atmosphere with lots of vapers about :) there's also some more info and links for the hotel on the website at http://vapefestireland.weebly.com/ and I will keep you updated as things progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

T'would be a shame not to have a few pints after travelling all that distance. Oh, and as an aside, I wasn't the only vaper in my local on Saturday night.

Really really looking forward to this, is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this more than going on holiday???

Gonna be great craic meeting up with everyone...

Have ya put this on UKvapers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

achieve wrote: »
    T'would be a shame not to have a few pints after travelling all that distance. Oh, and as an aside, I wasn't the only vaper in my local on Saturday night.

Holy smoke.......or should that be Holy Vape.....don't think I've ever seen another vaper.

eeloe wrote: »
    Really really looking forward to this, is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this more than going on holiday???

Gonna be great craic meeting up with everyone...

Have ya put this on UKvapers??

Yes its here http://ukvapers.com/topic/24640-irish-vapefest/

I have to say the lads over on UKV Wayne and Jaded have been very helpful as well and are going to do a link/feature for us on their website http://ukvapefest.com/uk-vapefest-2012-for-dummies/ as well.

• Advertisement

Fantastic news, just received confirmation that Green Smoke www.mjstrading.ie will be attending Vapefest Ireland and have given some very generous raffle prizes which I have updated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

nice effort and thanks a lot making this possible to all involved!
    finally we are steaming (literally) in the right direction!!
    I will put up a poster in my work place

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Excellent work guys, really looking forward to this. Hope it will be a huge success.

Two questions about the 24k Gold Provari:
    - Does it come with it's own monocle, or do you have to get that separately?

- Who do I have to blow to win it?

Oh, and I hope you've no issues with copyright infringement :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    Excellent work guys, really looking forward to this. Hope it will be a huge success.

Two questions about the 24k Gold Provari:
    - Does it come with it's own monocle, or do you have to get that separately?

- Who do I have to blow to win it?

Oh, and I hope you've no issues with copyright infringement :)

Love the signature :D

Try get on to some of the American juice vendors for the juice bar.

Namber Juice
    Juicy Vapor

And in the UK,
    House of E-Liquid
    Vapist Vapours

Banner on Website has been updated. http://vapefestireland.weebly.com/

A massive thank you to Jaded over on UKV for his help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yay nice loving it!

Also got a nice plug from the lads over on UKV http://ukvapefest.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've put posts up on reddit, one in r/electronic_cigarette and another in /r/ireland just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Hotel booked, herself will be delighted when I tell her i'm taking her away for a weekend (wont mention whats happening though)!:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

someone who's done the work know what the cheapest hotel in the area is?

Check out the hotel it's being hosted in, it might be a few bob more expensive, but they've given the conference room for free, so it'd be good to do em a turn by staying there!

eeloe wrote: »
    Check out the hotel it's being hosted in, it might be a few bob more expensive, but they've given the conference room for free, so it'd be good to do em a turn by staying there!

€79 for the room for the night, but a few quid can be saved by paying in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Great news.
    Hope to see some of you peeps their.
    Ironically I found out about this on UK Vapers, must get this internetz thing sorted, bloody weather playing havoc with my dongle.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Great news.
    Hope to see some of you peeps their.
    Ironically I found out about this on UK Vapers, must get this internetz thing sorted, bloody weather playing havoc with my dongle.

they have pills for that nowadays

Better than the dog getting hold of it!

My dongle never worked properly afterwards :(

Have made some improvements to the website and also just launched a new facebook page at www.facebook.com/vapefestireland Please like and share!

Don't forget to link your signature to the site and put the Facebook link on the site too Shane.

couple of people from ukvapers already coming down, one lad from england booked his flights already lol

looking good for numbers anyway

you been in touch with any local newspapers in portlaoise or anything to advcertise it closer to the date?

• Advertisement

couple of people from ukvapers already coming down, one lad from england booked his flights already lol

He does a fair bit for vaping awareness that fella..
    http://wp.thehappyvaper.com/

Advertisement