Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl cross cut saw

• 15-08-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

anyone any experience whether the cross cut saw on sale inn lidl this thursday is any good?

or the bench vice for that matter?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Mate got the vice a few months back, said it's good quality and heavy duty. Don't know about the saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I got the cross-cut saw the last time it was on offer in Lidl and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

I had been looking to get one for ages but was put off by the price of them . I couldn't justify paying upwards of €250 for a cross-cut saw at the time so I bought the lidl one.

So far I have used it for decking, making a jungle gym, various pieces of garden furniture as well as skirting and various other jobs. So basically it has got a lot of use and the blade is as good as new - its easy to move from place to place which is a big plus for me too.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone - the only issue I have had with mine is the laser line which can be tempramental, but in saying that I haven't looked at it as you (in my opinion) don't really need a laser line on a cross-cut saw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

+ 1 for the vice. Great for little bits of metal work, if it's the one I'm thinking of - the one with the anvil. Capacity wouldn't be too suitable for general wood work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_12565.htm

Got one of these before, very sturdy and well constructed saw, great for DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Lily Savory Eyebrow

Going to pick one of these up. Cheers OP.

Btw, that lidl video has the most head melting music I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Going to pick one of these up. Cheers OP.

Btw, that lidl video has the most head melting music I've ever heard.
    Brilliant!
    That video could become a classic - 21st century how are yah! Reminds me of the sort of stuff which used to be on before the main film at the Savoy. Anyone remember "McDowell's - the happy ring house" ? :D

Advertisement