18-09-2011, 00:10   #46
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2bad View Post
Yes the too many choices to choose problem.
I got a 10ml bottle of 18mg coconut. Bloody hell, it tasted like my socks, couldn't vape it at all. That was a fortnight ago an I started running low on the RY4 so I though I'd use the coconut for a bit. It's quite nice actual, coconuty and not too sweet, good vapor, OK throat hit. Are my taste buds changing that much or do I need to leave the stuff if its too fresh. Could it need to breath like wine?
My advice, if it ain't nice now, try it again after a while it might have improved or your tastes might have changed.
Quoting myself, how po-mo LOL
Forgot that I'm using a lo-res attie now, that just might make a difference
Advertisement
18-09-2011, 01:36   #47

That would be their way of saying "add your own flavours". (The cocopilado is lovely, by the way - coconut, cream, and something sweet (Pineapple?).

Really nice, without being sickeningly sweet, if you like non-tobacco flavours.

Desert Voyager is sort of like a mild cigar.
Dark Fire is bitter, though I did mix it at full strength - then poured the rest down the sink!

Morning Rain is pretty bland, imo.

Pineapple is good, tastes like pineapple, though not as good as the Flavourwest pineapple.

Banana tastes just like those Banana flavoured soft sweets.

Blackberry is nice, though the Bickford one is better.

Both menthols are OK, though not very strong.

Pear is good, too.

Strawberry tastes just like real strawberries, raspberry is a bit sweeter than the real deal.

I've yet to mix the other flavours I got - the OHs firm favourite is now Cocopilada, with Pineapple or Pear for a change.

Sorry, can't advise on the tobacco flavours.

Chocolate and Caramel are very dark, worth noting for the attys.

Lastly, be warned that the labelling on the bottles is in Polish, though the pictures on the label make it easy enough to work out the contents.
Worth noting, though, if you order a load of flavours.
On the plus side, the flavours come in dropper bottles, unlike Bickford flavours. It makes mixing that little bit easier.

Suggest you buy a strong nic base, and mix it with 0 nic. Unless their pricing policy has changed since I ordered, it works out cheaper.

Lastly, be sure you have enough juice to keep you going. They won't ship a first order until payment has cleared. After that, it's 3-5 days until delivery.

Now that I've revealed that I go a bit mad when ordering new flavours, I think I'll sign off.
(2) thanks from:
21-09-2011, 11:01   #48
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
joyetech tobacco flavour from irishvapers

quite nice.. not exactly what i was looking for but..it actually kind of reminds me of smoking a cigarette. it's got a good throat hit too at 14mg and certainly a distinctive strong flavour. probably not to everyones taste, but I'd reccomend it

also, i saw that flavourwest place has ****ing gummi bear flavouring

****ing gummie bears?
GUMMIE BEARS?!
21-09-2011, 11:53   #49

Sorry, Mewso.

I'll try to be good from now on!

I'll start with this:

Black Tea, 18mg, TBS.
Surprisingly nice. If you like your tea with milk, don't let that put you off.
Decent throat hit, plenty of flavour, without being quite as bitter as the real mccoy.

Spearmint 18mg. TBS.
Tastes just like Spearmint chewing gum.
Definitely one of the better mint flavours, imo.

Spearmint 11mg. TBS.
Still clearly recognisable as spearmint, but lacks the same flavour as the 18mg.
(If anyone knows where I can get a good spearmint flavour, let me know - anything below 11mg is tasteless, imo, and the OH is currently smoking 1.6mg strength.)

Virginia. 18mg. VapourIreland
Decent flavour, decent throat hit. One of the better tobacco flavours, imo.
as an aside, if you were a menthol cig fan, if you mix this with menthol liquid, you can get a surprisingly realistic "Consulate" taste.

Gold and Silver. 26mg. VapourIreland
Supposedly like B&H. Decent tobacco flavour, decent throat hit - but not to my fellas taste.

USA mix. 11mg. VapourIreland.
Surprisingly strong flavour for the strength.
Pretty decent throat hit for this strength, too.

Freedom Smoke. 24mg. Freedom smoke USA.
This one is marketed as being the most realistic tobacco flavour - it certainly sells at a premium price, 6.95 sterling for 10ml.

It's a good vape, fairly realistic, but not any better than the other tobacco flavours, except possibly for throat hit.
If throat hits your thing, though, it might be worth a try.

Blueberry, 11mg. The Vapour Store.

Very nice flavour.
A bit lacking in throat hit, but that seems to be the norm when you drop down to 11mg or below in strength.

Apple. 18mg. the Vapour store.
Nice fruity flavour. A bit sweet for an all day vape, but still a nice change.

Raspberry. 18mg. The Vapour store.

Lovely, realistic flavour.
Not too sweet, a favourite all-day vape for a while, and still one he goes back to.

Grape. 16mg. The Vapour Store.

Nice enough flavour - a bit sickeningly sweet after a while. Nice for a change of flavour, though.

Sam Mint. 24mg. The Vapour Store.

Good throat hit. Similar to doublemint chewing gum in flavour. A nice vape if you're not into menthol, but like mint flavours.

Pineapple. 11mg. The Best shop.

Nice realistic flavour. Still a favourite flavour, despite trying all of the above. (and probably a few more that I don't remember)

Pear. 11mg. The Best shop.
Nice. Sweet, with being sickening. Another all-time favourite.

It seems to be the case that as nic. strength decreases, so does flavour?
Not so much with the fruit flavours, though.
Or is that just my Ohs tastes changing?
If anyone knows why this is the case, pm me, because I don't want to take the thread off-topic again.
(3) thanks from:
21-09-2011, 14:17   #50
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

ok joyetech cappucino

no
just... no
not much else to say about it
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-09-2011, 20:38   #51

TBS.eu Fortune Strike 11mg.

I'm on the hunt for a new all day tobacco flavour as I've gone off the the new Joye recipe, so decided to try a small bottle out.

First impressions remind me of Halo Torque56, massive throat hit, decent vape production,. It's a decent one to have in stock but it wouldn't be an all day vape for me, as with the Torque56, I find it rather dry.

@Mewso, what about yourself have you stuck with the Joye tob. or have you found a suitable replacement?
21-09-2011, 22:16   #52
mewso

My search goes on. I am sticking with the Joye and I'm off on holidays for 2 weeks on Saturday so I'll have to go with it while I'm away. Just got a 5ml sample of the Halo Tribecca which seems good. Early days though so I can't give a great description.
Thanks from:
22-09-2011, 10:39   #53

I don't understand why they suddenly changed, did someone lose the recipe?

Anyway enough chit chat -

Review of old and new Joye Tob.

The old recipe reminded me of smoking tobacco from one of these but with very light fruit tones, whereas now I get the impression I'm vaping walnuts

I find it goes down well mixed with their menthol, but on it's own I've grown sick of it having vaped 2 bottles of the new recipe.
Thanks from:
22-09-2011, 11:23   #54
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

i just got some joye menthol from thevapourstore... it smells so minty.. kinda scared to try it

--edit
oh my god, this is like vaping toothpaste

the pain.. the ****ing pain
can't fault it for throat hit though

Last edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar; 22-09-2011 at 11:27.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-09-2011, 13:04   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
i just got some joye menthol from thevapourstore... it smells so minty.. kinda scared to try it

--edit
oh my god, this is like vaping toothpaste

the pain.. the ****ing pain
can't fault it for throat hit though
What strength did you get? I'm on 6mg, have tried no less than 10 other mints and menthols and I swear by this stuff, most tooth paste is mint/menthol flavoured

Reminds me more of Fox's Glacier mints imo.
22-09-2011, 13:08   #56
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

i got medium, i think it's 11 or 12mg

i'm slowly, very slowly getting used to it.. i kinda have to since I filled my entire mega cartomiser with it so i'm stuck with it until tomorrow but it's still.. not great

i'd never tried any menthols before as i wasn't sure i'd like them, but it was you saying they were like vaping glacier mints that got me curious at least now I know menthol isn't for me. might be something I can dip into every now and again, if I run out of other juices.. but as soon as I'm done with this current fill.. it's being filled with something very very different
22-09-2011, 13:21   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
i got medium, i think it's 11 or 12mg

i'm slowly, very slowly getting used to it.. i kinda have to since I filled my entire mega cartomiser with it so i'm stuck with it until tomorrow but it's still.. not great

i'd never tried any menthols before as i wasn't sure i'd like them, but it was you saying they were like vaping glacier mints that got me curious at least now I know menthol isn't for me. might be something I can dip into every now and again, if I run out of other juices.. but as soon as I'm done with this current fill.. it's being filled with something very very different
A good rule of thumb is to use the small LR DCCs for testing new liquids

If you're finding it too strong, try mix in a bit of tobacco flavour with it, that calms the menthol down and gives it a bit more kick.

Failing that, I guess it's just a case of different strokes but i'm also starting to wonder if they've gone and changed another recipe
22-09-2011, 13:35   #58
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

it's more than likely just different strokes not a huge menthol man even though I do love my mint sweets, i'm vaping it as much as i can atm so I can use a load of it up andthen add in some joye tobacco flavour

--edit

oh, right.. I just blew out the atty and most of the menthol juice just flew out onto some tissue paper

now for my dktb

Last edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar; 22-09-2011 at 13:45.
24-09-2011, 00:32   #59
Opit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I don't understand why they suddenly changed, did someone lose the recipe?
Joyetech eliquids are now produced by DEKANG and two or three other factories.
24-09-2011, 16:59   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opit View Post
Joyetech eliquids are now produced by DEKANG and two or three other factories.
And so my list of reliable liquids just got smaller

I've 8 samples arriving next week, if I can't find something I like by then I think I'll cry, or maybe just stop vaping

Thanks for the info, explains a lot, I assume this applies to the Joye and joyetech range?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion