Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

buying tools on ebay

• 09-04-2005 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

i no it not what i shold be puting in here but any way im trying to buy hitachi 18v 4 pec set on ebay it works out at $$300 but i wana no will i get taxed and vat on that if so how much will it work out at
    its probley not worth it coz ill have to use some 1 elses credit card nice 1 floks ha :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭voakesy

does anyone know howto change the stuff ive won and purchase in the my ebay panel into euros, i tried doin it through the site map n its still in £GBP

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

i no it not what i shold be puting in here but any way im trying to buy hitachi 18v 4 pec set on ebay it works out at $$300 but i wana no will i get taxed and vat on that if so how much will it work out at
    its probley not worth it coz ill have to use some 1 elses credit card nice 1 floks ha :cool:

Hi Sexy Darren,

Did you try Mcquillans Tools in Capel Street in Dublin for a price on the same set. By the time you pay post and packing from the states, it would be cheaper to buy here, and you would have some comeback and guarantee.

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

ya ill try there but there very dear thats agen o ya and ya can call me darren coz i cant change me nickname :cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Darren,

Did you check out the toolsuppliers thread on this forum, it will give you more contacts,

:) kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭gerkiely

Darren,
    You will have to pay p+p which is roughly about 25% of the cost. Then depending on whether or not the seller states that it is ''second hand goods'' you would be liable to pay duty also which can be between 15% & 25%. Saying this though you may be lucky and not be charged any duty.
    Hope this helps.

Ger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

and theres me thinkin it was cheper nice 1 lad
    ill just buy of good ol rip of ire the land i love ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

If you buy in anything from outside of the Eurozone, then it is liable to import duty (about 3% or something like that, I think), and VAT of 21%. You can also be hit with a handling charge by whoever handles the local delivery - I have been charged €5 on one delivery by An Post (probably a fixed charge) and a little more by FedEx. The import duty and VAT are charged against the total cost of the delivery (i.e. cost of the goods + delivery cost) which is a pain. I believe that there are certain goods which are exempt from these charges, but I don't know what those are.

Sometimes, you might find that you don't get charged (by luck maybe), but it isn't safe to rely on that.

Advertisement