Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Source for optic corks

Options
  • 24-03-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a good, cheap source for optic corks here in Ireland? I can get them from various online woodturning suppliers, mainly in the UK, but I have a feeling I'm being ripped off. I imagine there must be companies here who supply to the bar trade, or maybe home brewing suppliers where I could get them much cheaper.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering about the woodworking connection, I use them to make turned bottle stoppers from various bits and pieces left over from other projects. Quick and easy to make and they make great small gifts.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

have never got them myself but try your local cash and carry - the bar trade use these c&c aswell.

Just remembered a wood colleague saying something along those lines.

karl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

Alun wrote:
    I imagine there must be companies here who supply to the bar trade, or maybe home brewing suppliers where I could get them much cheaper.

Theres a place on the north side of dublin who I bought optics off before called Conatys. They had the corks. Not sure if they're still there they were somewhere near Marino dublin5/dublin9 if thats any help.

Try d'oul goldenpages.ie under Catering supplies or bar fixtures & fittings even

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kika_j wrote:
    Theres a place on the north side of dublin who I bought optics off before called Conatys. They had the corks. Not sure if they're still there they were somewhere near Marino dublin5/dublin9 if thats any help.

Try d'oul goldenpages.ie under Catering supplies or bar fixtures & fittings even
    Thanks, I'll have a look in the Golden Pages. No idea where Marino is ... I'm newish to Dublin and anywhere north of the Liffey may as well be Mars to me :)

Advertisement