Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Incognito mode or clear history cookies cache

Will try again later. Didn’t work on the mobile either. Couldn’t even get into Netflix in the end.

What vpn are you using ?
    When it’s saying your are connected via Turkey do a check to make sure, some vpns are sh7t

Using NordVPN. Definitely appears to be connected via Turkey for google etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Has your account expired yet? If you try to renew while your subscription is still active, you won't get new pricing.

Update - I may be wrong but I think NordVPN seem to be using servers in a number of different countries as a work around to access US Netflix. It appear that when I connect to a Turkish server I am getting US Netflix but Turkish everything else!

Grrr - May try registering using hola and using NordVPN then for viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Hola is the best one to use to sign up
    Getflix is the best one for us netflix and also U.K. players

Wind scribe is what worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Pure Vpn worked a treat for both Mexico and Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Hi

Anyone settings up a family account i would be interested in getting a screen .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Switched my account over to a Turkish one at the weekend. All these little savings help!
    Many thanks to everyone on this thread for the helpful posts on how to go about it - particularly OmegaGene
    Used Hola (could only get it to work on my phone not on tablet) and the good old Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I'm looking to sign up for this, I've tried several free VPN's but no luck.

I'll have to buy one, even a paid trial, but I don't know which one to buy, could anyone suggest one that works for Turkey please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

I'm looking to sign up for this, I've tried several free VPN's but no luck.

I'll have to buy one, even a paid trial, but I don't know which one to buy, could anyone suggest one that works for Turkey please?

Thanks

I used Windscribe pro . https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn-lifetime-pro-subscription

• Advertisement

Read the last few posts it’s all there

Thanks, I did read them and noticed some got free vpns to work, I tried multiple free ones and had no luck.

I also read a lot had gone for Mexico as they couldn't get Turkey to work, I would prefer Turkey.

I read other vpns mentioned but wasn't sure if they were free or paid, that's why I was asking, as I was unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just read the last few pages. Makes less clutter for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You would expect it to be binary.

Hola on a phone, set to turkey, log in to Netflix.com.

How can this work for 95% of us, but there's a small number of posters adamant it's not working for them:confused:

I've had Hola for a really long time but I don't use it very often. I can log in and select Turkey but as soon as I go to Netflix, it says I need to upgrade as Netflix requires fast streaming servers. I've tried it on my phone and there no free option only a paid option.

I've paid for NordVPN and I can get as far as the payment option but when I enter revolut details, it says Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

I've been in touch with Revolut and they said theres no declined transactions on my card. I've never had Netflix on this email address, it's a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is it me or is Netflix turkey now a weekly price?

I haven't managed to get beyond the payment stage but I am only being offered monthly options, I wasn't offered weekly options.

NordVPN does not support Turkish Netflix. Most servers are setup to access US Netflix. In fact all servers other than uk, japan, Netherlands and canada all divert to US Netflix.

So - you won’t be able to sign up to Turkish Netflix with it. Or so I believe...

I haven't managed to get beyond the payment stage but I am only being offered monthly options, I wasn't offered weekly options.

On a laptop for Turkey, on Chrome and Opera, I am offered monthly but on Edge and Firefox I am offered weekly.

Payment fails every time on Chrome and Opera, I haven't tried it on the weekly options.

On the phone, it shows the VPN is active for Turkey but on every browser I use it reverts to Netflix US.

I'll try an Ipad tomorrow

Holy Diver wrote: »
    NordVPN does not support Turkish Netflix. Most servers are setup to access US Netflix. In fact all servers other than uk, japan, Netherlands and canada all divert to US Netflix.

So - you won’t be able to sign up to Turkish Netflix with it. Or so I believe...

Thanks for the tip, I spoke with NordVpn technical support and they said:

'As we use Smart Play on all of our servers, if you connect to a server which does not support Netflix (in this case - Turkey), you will automatically be redirected to US library. Thus, you will not be able to purchase a subscription plan for cheaper.'

I could get to payment stage for Turkey, it didn't revert to US on the laptop but it rejected the card, giving the impression the card was the issue.

I checked and the card wasn't the issue, having now spoken with technical support, they say I shouldn't have gotten as far as I did with NordVPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

So you broke the interweby thing

It's starting to feel like one of those pricing error bargain alerts where someone orders 400 of the thing...

• Advertisement

Dear Netflix customer care......

Why can't i seem to get a vpn to work so I can circumvent the geo lock restrictions your organisation have put in place....

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Bank of Ireland just reversed my December netflix turkey payment. Payment went out fine since April as a mysterious looking turkish lira payment but this month it seems to have come is as a euro payment to netflix.com and they chose to block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Just did an account for a friend in work.

100% worked.

Windscribe VPN. One month is only €5

Make sure to clear your cache and cookies in Chrome.
    Then connect to the turkey on Windscribe.

Then go to google and type in netflix turkey

and that honestly should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dear Netflix customer care......

Why can't i seem to get a vpn to work so I can circumvent the geo lock restrictions your organisation have put in place....

This discount was nice whilst it lasted. I'll be readying to transfer my Lira wallet in Revolut to go back to my Euro wallet now :(.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Ive gone back a few pages and dont see the answer to this question so sorry if its been asked before.

I have a paid VPN, I have revolut. Im happy enough with the payment process, however once Ive paid for turkish netflix, when I login at home what netflix am I gonna see, I told the kids about it and theyre terrifed they wont see their programs. Me, not so much.

Bad experience with the cheap turkish deezer thing.

This discount was nice whilst it lasted. I'll be readying to transfer my Lira wallet in Revolut to go back to my Euro wallet now :(.

/s

I imagine if you're already on it, and paying with Turkish lira then you should be grand.

I just can't believe that people would get on to technical support in Netflix asking for help in trying to exploit a loophole.

Ive gone back a few pages and dont see the answer to this question so sorry if its been asked before.

I have a paid VPN, I have revolut. Im happy enough with the payment process, however once Ive paid for turkish netflix, when I login at home what netflix am I gonna see, I told the kids about it and theyre terrifed they wont see their programs. Me, not so much.

Your Netflix will be Irish Netflix unless you use a vpn.

The only Turkish involvement in this loophole is where your money is paid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

As long as you turn the vpn off, you will get Irish netflix. If you have vpn turned on, you’ll get whatever country you’ve set it to

I imagine if you're already on it, and paying with Turkish lira then you should be grand.

I just can't believe that people would get on to technical support in Netflix asking for help in trying to exploit a loophole.

It was technical support in NordVpn, not technical support in Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Me either. however I feel like when the game is up Netflix will shift our billing to our "home" country somehow.

Advertisement