Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access boot menu on andriod box

• 27-05-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any pointers.
    I have a T8 PRO android box, I have Ubuntu on a USB.
    How can I access the boot menu on the box in order to run Ubuntu as desktop off the box or can it even be done??
    Many thanks in advance for any comments / links.
    Thanks again.:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FyFyTa

Thanks for that info, Ill have a look in that direction so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I think you may be able to run ubuntu on a rasperrypi, though I've never tried myself. I generally stick to Raspbian.

But the tricky bit in your question is getting the pi to boot from the USB device.

Again, never tried it, but so long as you have a running system already (by way of the SD card), with full privileges, it seems it can be configured to do so.

if you do try it do come back and let us all know how it turned out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There is some work being done on the LibreElec and CoreELEC (fork of LE) JEOS (for Kodi) releases for Amlogic devices, but those I have seen concentrate on the S9xx chips and not the S812 as in that box.

Nonetheless you might find some useful information from there regarding how you might access and edit the boot instructions on Amlogic devices.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

sugarman wrote: »
    You can on a Pi, but he hasn't got a Pi!
    Yeah, sorry. I completely misread that. I must have had Pi on the brain from something else! :)

Advertisement