Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John kerr 1855 where is he?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I dont know I will email the church and see what happens. The patrick kerr in aghafad wasnt him as he died in 1878.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I don't know why you're so opposed to getting actual civil records. I'd never get a transcript from RootsIreland if I could get a real research copy cert. I just don't trust their transcripts!

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I don't know why you're so opposed to getting actual civil records. I'd never get a transcript from RootsIreland if I could get a real research copy cert. I just don't trust their transcripts!

Why would they lie?

The reason is because you have to wait like two weeks and I couldn't be bothered waiting that long.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

owenc wrote: »
    Why would they lie?

The reason is because you have to wait like two weeks and I couldn't be bothered waiting that long.

It's not that they're lying, it's just that I like to verify things for myself and I've seen too many errors on their site.

You were willing to wait two years, based on how long this thread is running....:rolleyes:

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    It's not that they're lying, it's just that I like to verify things for myself and I've seen too many errors on their site.

You were willing to wait two years, based on how long this thread is running....:rolleyes:

Well i'm certain that the record is correct. And yes I did wait two years, its my life my ancestry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

The research certs are the only ones I'd trust too, I've seen a lot of errors too in my search, when you get anything other than the photocopied entry your relying on the person reading the record to read it right and sometimes they don't read it right..... Same with church records, I've got my grandmothers marriage & birth cert all together in the same document, fathers name listed as william, priest listed as william, but on viewing the actual register they were both Johns, it was the person issuing the cert that decided they were Williams....

Well i'll be emailing the church anyway.

Advertisement