Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Three more hours until LCD.

Noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Went to LCD on Friday, was amazing; just met James Murphy in Insomnia an hour ago and told him so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

LCD certainly rocked my socks. I'm half tempted to try for tonight, too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LCD certainly rocked my socks. I'm half tempted to try for tonight, too.

Last night at LCD was the best gig i've seen in a couple of years. You go to gigs and think man that was deadly. And then you go to LCD and go " fucnkin hell" this is what it's about.

Massive tip of the cap to the crowd, freaking amazing.

All My friends and YEAH YEAH YEAH were the musical highlights. That and the bit inbetween gig finishing and encore. Jill how cool was that? Hair raising stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Infamous E

Hey everyone.

New here ,but I'm a regular ,well sort of.. :) Hope it's okay if I post here.

I've discovered recently that if you listen to this at like.... 1am to 2am it's the peak hour for listening to Frosted Ambassador. Be careful you can hurt yourself though.

51bHsbljvmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Have to learn my Patrick Kavanagh now :'(
    But at least I won't have to get up early.

• Advertisement

Infamous E wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

New here ,but I'm a regular ,well sort of.. :) Hope it's okay if I post here.

I've discovered recently that if you listen to this at like.... 1am to 2am it's the peak hour for listening to Frosted Ambassador. Be careful you can hurt yourself though.

Have to learn my Patrick Kavanagh now :'(
    But at least I won't have to get up early.

Course you're welcome. I don't know what a frosted ambassador is but stick a vid of them up in the share a song thread.

Don't let P-Kav put you off, there are some awesome poems out there. Also is soundings back on the curriculum? I saw it was reprinted. (Soundings is an amazing poetry book from eons ago)

lordgoat wrote: »
    All My friends and YEAH YEAH YEAH were the musical highlights. That and the bit inbetween gig finishing and encore. Jill how cool was that? Hair raising stuff.

Hair raising is right. The post-Home singalong was extraordinary. I'm pretty sure a couple of dudes left right after All My Friends, which is just beyond me.

I was with a friend who came from the UK to see them in a smaller venue, and I think she made the right call on that one. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

New Girl Talk is a big disappointment. Feed the Animals is in an entirely different league.

Hair raising is right. The post-Home singalong was extraordinary. I'm pretty sure a couple of dudes left right after All My Friends, which is just beyond me.

I was with a friend who came from the UK to see them in a smaller venue, and I think she made the right call on that one. What a show.

Most definitely. I normally am not too fond of tripod but ****ing hell that was some show. New York you're bringing me down was also a belter. No was would i have left that gig. I was getting pissed off seeing the same people every few songs going getting more beer.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    New Girl Talk is a big disappointment. Feed the Animals is in an entirely different league.

I think i prefer this one as i like the songs he's picked more than the first album. Do you not like any of them?

I hurt from all the dancing I did last night.

No support from Sh*t Robot though? What was the story there?

• Advertisement

Seriously, is it not cool to have met James Murphy in a queue for a cup of coffee? I was all excited :(

It was totally cool, I was just ragin' jealous. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Infamous E

Course you're welcome. I don't know what a frosted ambassador is but stick a vid of them up in the share a song thread.

Don't let P-Kav put you off, there are some awesome poems out there. Also is soundings back on the curriculum? I saw it was reprinted. (Soundings is an amazing poetry book from eons ago)

Nobody knows who or what a Frosted Ambassador is ,guess that's the fun. It's trippy but an acquired taste for sure.

Soundings? Nope ,not on mine. Ah he's not that bad,definetly easier than some of the other poets on the course like Emily Dickinson. Hey ,sounds good I'll check it out. I'm building an indie e-book library on my computer. I've already got Requiem for a Dream. -How Indie is that?? According to Virgin Megastore,very!hahaha
    Last night at LCD was the best gig i've seen in a couple of years. You go to gigs and think man that was deadly. And then you go to LCD and go " fucnkin hell" this is what it's about.

Massive tip of the cap to the crowd, freaking amazing.

That sounds like fun. I've never been able to go see any bands like that because of licencing but I turned 18 awhile ago. I've checked ticketmaster but I can't see anything I would go crazy like that for.

What would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

I hurt from all the dancing I did last night.

No support from Sh*t Robot though? What was the story there?

My legs are recovering from all the exertions of Friday and Saturday. Wish i was going again tonight! The Brian Eno cover they do in the middle of New York I Love you is a brilliant touch. Yeah (Crass Version) is incredible live, loved the lasers.

As far as i know Sh!t Robot was dj'ing from a booth to the right of the stage. I dont know if it was him or some sound engineer but there was some dude there. My only other theory is that he was playing from under an invisibility cloak because I definitely recognised some of his songs being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Adebisi Shank blew my mind last night. Masa is such an incredible opener, and I was gobsmacked at how tight they were the whole time. Using the laptop for International Dreambeat with no (at least not visible) interface or headphone mix or click track or anything. You Me was my highlight... possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think i prefer this one as i like the songs he's picked more than the first album. Do you not like any of them?
    I'm finding it all rather predictable. Also doesn't seem to have the same energy as previous efforts. I think he lingers on each sample far longer than he should.

Maybe it'll grow on me but after a few more listens but I can't see it happening tbh.

Kid V wrote: »
    As far as i know Sh!t Robot was dj'ing from a booth to the right of the stage. I dont know if it was him or some sound engineer but there was some dude there. My only other theory is that he was playing from under an invisibility cloak because I definitely recognised some of his songs being played.

That's where the sound engineers for bands normally are.

If Sh*t Robot was DJing it was at a very low volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

That's where the sound engineers for bands normally are.

If Sh*t Robot was DJing it was at a very low volume.

Did some basic facebook stalking and the dude i saw in the booth was definitely Sh!t Robot. I'd like to see him at his own gig. Music was very very DFA.

I'm surprised that Arcade Fire/ Spike Jonze video hasn't cropped up in one of Run to da Hills threads over in Conspiracy Theories yet. He's slacking.

So, exciting plans for the week ahead anybody? Have we started our Altie/Indie Christmas shopping yet?

I'm surprised that Arcade Fire/ Spike Jonze video hasn't cropped up in one of Run to da Hills threads over in Conspiracy Theories yet. He's slacking.

So, exciting plans for the week ahead anybody? Have we started our Altie/Indie Christmas shopping yet?

Ugghh i avoid con-theories anymore, that forum just goes through cycles of the same stuff!!

Pff christmas presents, eh after the amount of gigs over the next 2 months i'm broke. Casiotone, Foals, LCD, National, Belle and Seb, National...
    I'm guessing you're going to both AF shows and interpol?

Also i need to pay for flights to Dusseldof next May and Primavera also next May. Two biggest music events of the summer!

• Advertisement

I'm definitely going to the first Arcade Fire night, I'm waiting to hear back from Partners In Health to see if I'm going to be volunteering for the second night. That's pretty much it for the rest of the year, by the looks of it. I'm counting the coins at lunchtime as it is. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No exciting plans, lots of college work to do. Our third year event is coming up very soon and there's loads to do.
    I am starting my Christmas shopping next week as it's my last payday before I leave my job. Gonna use the staff discount one last time *sobs*.

I'm definitely going to the first Arcade Fire night, I'm waiting to hear back from Partners In Health to see if I'm going to be volunteering for the second night. That's pretty much it for the rest of the year, by the looks of it. I'm counting the coins at lunchtime as it is. :D

See that's what i thought and then there was a text saying, do you want to come to LCD and it all goes out the window!
    Twee. wrote: »
    No exciting plans, lots of college work to do. Our third year event is coming up very soon and there's loads to do.
    I am starting my Christmas shopping next week as it's my last payday before I leave my job. Gonna use the staff discount one last time *sobs*.

Good thinking on the early shopping, my shopping list is so much shorter this year due to people leaving the country...

Oh Twee make sure you don't get any scarves for your male non-gay friends! It's not allowed in fashion right??

I can't lie, I'm kind of sorry I didn't try for LCD tonight. At least then I could have missed the Cowen/Lenihan bullsh*t fountain I ended up watching instead. But nevermind. To happier times, eh?

I can't lie, I'm kind of sorry I didn't try for LCD tonight. At least then I could have missed the Cowen/Lenihan bullsh*t fountain I ended up watching instead. But nevermind. To happier times, eh?

I actually turned it off and put on the lounge on phantom instead to make me less angry. Happier times indeed jill.

Oh Twee make sure you don't get any scarves for your male non-gay friends! It's not allowed in fashion right??

Absolutely not! Don't you know that wearing certain items of clothing makes you gay?!

Absolutely not! Don't you know that wearing certain items of clothing makes you gay?!

Excellent! I have a draw of gay scarves then! want one?

In other news Kayne west's new album just got the perfect 10.0 from pitchfork... listening now...

The elusive ten! Must get a listen.

The elusive ten! Must get a listen.

Two songs in and it is pretty damn good, even threw in a south park fish stick reference!

• Advertisement

Beach House tonight! :):)

Block E tickets are available from Ticketmaster now, F-Y'all-I

Advertisement