Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Education Award.Can anyone help?

• 30-09-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I recently got a medal awarded in 1907 but i would like to find out about the person it was awarded to. the medal is the same as this one and was awarded for "English Literature and Composition" http://www.msoi.eu/images/auction2010/Lot%20144.jpg

does anybody know if there is a list of the winners of the medals or where i might find out about it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The awarding body, the Board of Intermediate Eduction Ireland, was the precursor of the Department of Education. I think it probable that there was a record of prizewinners, and I would look in a suitable library (NLI or TCD spring to mind) for copies of the annual report of the board.

Advertisement