Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dear old Grandad, the secretive one.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

had a look at the 1939/40 electoral roll at www.dublinheritage.ie to see if there were any Robinettes left there.

The only family that came up were Charles H Robinett, Jane Robinett and Mercy Robinett living in South Circular Rd, Rialto.

There is a marriage for a Charles Henry Robinet to Jane Culberhouse in 1899 (with a witness Mercy Culvershouse - suggesting that Mercy is a family name from the Culverhouse side). The father of Charles is another Charles so no link to Mathew and Susan.

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/e7d0c50889273

Checked Ancestry for any other Robinettes in the WW1 era and the only one with a link to Ireland is Caroline Amelia Robinette who served as a Staff Nurse and died in Kent in 1917. She appears to have come from Co Kilkenney but interesting to note that she too has the name Amelia in there.

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=3056320

She was awarded the Royal Red Cross (2nd Class) at Buckingham Palace in July 1916 with 2 other members of Queen Alexandra's Irnperial Military Nursing Reserve.

At this stage, cannot find a marriage or death record for Amelia Robinette.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Grandfather's sister Amelia, was a spinster so there is not going to be a marriage record. She died in Liverpool. Her full name was Amelia Christina Robinette.

I came across Caroline Amelia Robinette's records some years ago, but I could never find a link with our family despite the name.

I think there used to be a George Robinette living in Birkenhead too, but again I can not find a link with my Grandfather despite being just across the river.

You have managed wonders with this challenge, thank you very much.

(My family also sends their thanks.)

any idea when Amelia died? I'm not seeing any record for her death.

Re Staff Nurse Caroline Amelia Robinette, it appears that she may have been aboard HMHS Britannic in November 1916 when it sunk.

My mistake.:(

Further research by my cousin has shown up :

Amelia Robinette married a Francis Sullivan in West Derby in Liverpool, they had a daughter named Nancy.

Marriage was in 1916, Nancy was born in 1917.

found the marriage in q1 1916. Ancestry had her first name transcribed as Amelin.

There's a death record for an Amelia C Sullivan in Liverpool, 1934 giving age as 49.

birth record for a Nancy A Sullivan Q1 1917 W Derby (Liverpool). Mother's maiden name Robinette.

• Advertisement

That is top quality research Johnny Doyle.

Thank you for that info.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wjrobin64

so I have to make 25 postings before i can frrely reply to others.

bill

The church of the marriage was the church of Ireland st. peters in Dublin

check the parish register if it still exist

Matthew robinett 20 lower temple st ireland laborer fathe:william robinett

susan hutchinson 55 charlemont street dublin

marriage may be listed in the dublin papers ??

hope this helps !!

she is listed in the war memorials also with another robinette listed as well.

bill

Matthew Robinette in Myline of the family was born June 23, 1848 in Phillipstown, Co. King's.

His father a William Robinette Died Feb 27, 1874 Phillipstown ,King's county.

IF matthews father was Dead by the Time of his marriage this is him !!

Bill

• Advertisement
Advertisement