Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emotional vocal trance - Dymond/Laxton taking it to the next level

• 17-09-2020 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

As best I can tell the gal is singing, "I - i - i..... come save me....".

Is that nightclub acceptable?

It's a little intense, no?
    Far cry from that try-hard bounce-house SHIT!!

lol

I'm just saying, historical standards of EDM have gone according to what is supposedly "popular" and "cool".

"Put your fuckin' hand up.... nah-nah-nah-nah".

I'm sorry but I've actually shoved stupid people in the nightclub that get carried away to that crap.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It's ****e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

^^

Beatport charts disagree,

kPTNQpw.png?1

#4 and climbing.

"I - i - i...... come save me......"

Dayum that is groovy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's rubbish, he's right.

4th in a trance chart yeah. I used to like trance around 95-01 but that is a shadow of what it was tbh. That song is just way overproduced and nothing really to it. It's the exact same ideas as ~20 years ago but more cliches and less originality.

Adding vocals to trance was pretty much the death of it as a "good" genre anyways. As all the lads tried to cash in and make it more poppy.

95 to 2001, let me think.

I was coming out of senior infants about that point.

Yeah, maybe it just "touches the nerve" a little too much for some folks liking.

They like to get stupid to electronic music, not necessarily have their intimate nerves worked on.

At least that's how I see it.

• Advertisement

Pffff, rookie.

The whole point of nightclub/dance club environment, is ultimately the replication of the sexy-time (I cleaned that expression up, cause this is boards.ie after all).

Saucepan banging (or just plain ol' "bangers", as you called them) does nothing to facilitate that.

It's just foolishness, when all is said and done.

When you're slaying some chick doggystyle, you wanna make sure you're hitting every nerve fiber with electricity that lights them up,

IQ14iq5.jpg?1

.....deep down below.

It's intensity combined with intimacy, and that's to me what a nightclub experience.... it's the whole point of it.

Make those chickens feel it, in that deep inside forbidden zone,

eC5fqLG.jpg?1

Anything less is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Pffff, rookie.

The whole point of nightclub/dance club environment, is ultimately the replication of the sexy-time (I cleaned that expression up, cause this is boards.ie after all).

Saucepan banging (or just plain ol' "bangers", as you called them) does nothing to facilitate that.

It's just foolishness, when all is said and done.

When you're slaying some chick doggystyle, you wanna make sure you're hitting every nerve fiber with electricity that lights them up,

IQ14iq5.jpg?1

.....deep down below.

It's intensity combined with intimacy, and that's to me what a nightclub experience.... it's the whole point of it.

Make those chickens feel it, in that deep inside forbidden zone,

eC5fqLG.jpg?1

Anything less is unacceptable.

Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

op your track is not imotional at all. it's a grand track but if you want imotional then you need to go back the years.

now, the tilt track posted by anima is a perfect example of what you are looking for op.
    listen to the tilt track especially and come back and tell us that it doesn't actually convey what you are trying to get across.
    one of tilt's best productions along with the supernatural dub of invisible.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

I listened to those tracks already - they're all bogus and may be a okay for a basement dweller trying to get his freak on, but they have no place in a modern dance-musical establishment.

They're awful - old school electro.

I never even heard of any those artists.

What's imperative listening to "Outbound" is, to capture the full intensity of what it describes - one must have adequate sound output; I use JBL extreme or Skullycandy wireless are sufficient.

But the sweetness of the voice with the intensity of the base, is what really makes emotional trance work.

• Advertisement

Let me 'splain it like this, mmmkay?

When your bopping, the melody and sound creates a mood, it's like a wavefunction throughout the entire building, that everyone can ride.

A good producer understands this - in fact I quote from James Dymond exactly when I say, "I really only produce music and melodies that work in the nightclub".

There's few and far between producers that really get than concept - or maybe the events I attend are delivered by often sub par dee-jay's.

Dymonds track starts at 1:00.

Track of that entire set, by a mile - because, the producer understands to create a track not to "sound cool", or cause the popular crowd thinks this will be a "banger" - no.

Because, it works, with the intended effect (replicate f**king - and not only f**king, but good f**king) musically, get dancers hot and bothered.

Can't help the helpless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I use JBL extreme or Skullycandy wireless are sufficient.

Now I know you're trolling. Cheap ass headsets

Advertisement