Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

yabadabado wrote: »
    Have the S10 and they are offering me €500 for it.

I have the s10 plus 128GB and it's the same price for the s10. I'd love for Samsung to explain their logic on that:rolleyes:
    It was a fair price difference between the two, when I was purchasing mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

They don't even list a trade-in price for the S10 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The camera seems to stick out a bit for such an expensive phone.

It's as if they designed it deliberately that way to show it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭kilsmum

bazzz wrote:
    I have the s10 plus 128GB and it's the same price for the s10. I'd love for Samsung to explain their logic on that It was a fair price difference between the two, when I was purchasing mine

Where are you getting the trade in price for the S10+? I can't see it on the Irish Samsung site

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

AllForIt wrote: »

They are probably using a large sensor with large photosites for better low light noise performance. The bigger the sensor the thicker the phone has to be because the lens has to be further away from the sensor in order to illuminate all of it. It's the price for better photos. The Nokia Lumia 808 Pureview was 14mm thick, but it had a 41 MP sensor 8 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

AllForIt wrote: »

True but once you put a case on it, I can't imagine it making any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

seemingly the 3x hybrid optical zoom on the s20 and s20+ has no actual optical element to it at all and is pure digital

kilsmum wrote: »
    Where are you getting the trade in price for the S10+? I can't see it on the Irish Samsung site

Kilsmum

Put one of the s20 variants in the basket, then click on the basket at the top
    of the page. Once the basket opens, look below the phone listing.You'll see a drop down box for trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭kilsmum

bazzz wrote:
    Put one of the s20 variants in the basket, then click on the basket at the top of the page. Once the basket opens, look below the phone listing.You'll see a drop down box for trade-in.

On a MacBook Pro. Getting no option for an S10+ on Safari but it's showing up on Chrome!!

Kilsmum

kilsmum wrote: »
    On a MacBook Pro. Getting no option for an S10+ on Safari but it's showing up on Chrome!!

Kilsmum

I meant to add.....Depending on the browser some of the Trade-in phone options might not appear. Usually if you open the basket in a new private window, all the Trade-in phones should appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Would the s20 purchased on samsung.com\ie be dual sim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Here lads the price phones are going to now is mental! How much better can they actually get. I wonder did they say that about tvs in the 50s actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Anyone done the trade in? What are the chances of actually getting the max trade in offered ? My s10 plus doesn't have a single scratch or mark on but that doesn't stop the evaluator to image them ... cough cough earphone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

jamesd wrote: »
    Would the s20 purchased on samsung.com\ie be dual sim ?

Yes

chrisire wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ldr wrote: »
    Anyone done the trade in? What are the chances of actually getting the max trade in offered ? My s10 plus doesn't have a single scratch or mark on but that doesn't stop the evaluator to image them ... cough cough earphone warehouse

I got the full trade in value for S9 last year and I dont recall any complaints about it last year when doing it for S10.

It was a very good set up.Prepaid envelope came with my S10 and it was picked up at the house by UPS ,I think its something like 28 days after delivery you have to send the phone or they will charge the full amount.

I think its something like 28 days after delivery you have to send the phone or they will charge the full amount.

You have seven days after you have received the new phone, to return the Trade-in.
    You will be provided with prepaid return packaging materials to allow for the safe provision of your Existing Handset to us. You must ensure that the handset is provided to us within 7 days of receiving your New Handset.

Failure to provide your Existing Handset within this time period will mean that you will be required to return your New Handset to us or pay back the discount you received on your New Handset. Please ensure that you back up any photos, files and other data which you have stored on the Existing Handset, and remove the sim card and memory cards before providing the Existing Handset to us. On receipt of the Existing Handset, all data stored on it will be securely wiped. We are not able to recover any data stored on an Existing Handset which has been provided to us. You must remove Find my IPhone from all apple devices. You must Remove Google locks from all android devices. All devices should be Network unlocked.

bazzz wrote: »
    You have seven days after you have received the new phone, to return the Trade-in.

Sounds like Samsung are gonna be chasing thousands of people worldwide for that older phone lol not a chance that every single person is an honest, decent human being

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Sounds like Samsung are gonna be chasing thousands of people worldwide for that older phone lol not a chance that every single person is an honest, decent human being

And then for all of 40 seconds you wonder why your new phone won't unlock. :cool:

I am surprised they don't ask you to pay full price and refund when the trade in arrives.

cnocbui wrote: »
    And then for all of 40 seconds you wonder why your new phone won't unlock. :cool:

I am surprised they don't ask you to pay full price and refund when the trade in arrives.

They deduct the Trade-in money straight away and as soon as you pre-order the new phone they charge your card straight away.
    They've been doing the Trade-ins for a few years now. I'd imagine they are well aware of all the various scam attempts and have a good handle on it.

• Advertisement

I had an s9 and changed up to an s10 128GB late last year but purchased the s20+ 5G this morning and selected the €500 trade in option as seems good value for the s10 looking on adverts.
    Ordered up an otter box case now for it, it says in stock with them but that would be very quick to have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Three Prepay Prices:

Ultra 5G: 1289
    S20+ 5G: 1049
    S20: 859 / 5G 959

There will be no chasing ,you will just get billed for the full amount once the deadline passes. They already have your card details,probably a 2 minute job to get full payment.

bazzz wrote: »

Good to know,dont know why I thought it was 28 days.A lad could get badly stung !

There will be no chasing ,you will just get billed for the full amount once the deadline passes. They already have your card details,probably a 2 minute job to get full payment.

Could people not just block their card? Like with revolut etc?

I'm obviously not trying to suss it out, just seemed a little weird to me

Could people not just block their card? Like with revolut etc?

I'm obviously not trying to suss it out, just seemed a little weird to me

Sure you aren't.:rolleyes:

Bank would probably honour it if your authorisation pre-dates you blocking it. I'm sure this would have been sorted by car hire companies and hotels, long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

i know this is probably a stupid question ... but if i'm still in contract with eir with my s10 ..is it then locked to them? can I just trade it in for the s20?

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    i know this is probably a stupid question ... but if i'm still in contract with eir with my s10 ..is it then locked to them? can I just trade it in for the s20?

Depending on your Contract. You can check if you're eligible for an upgrade on Eir's site and you can check your contract details.
    You're current s10 is locked until you finish the contract, unless there's an option to pay the outstanding money owed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Can't believe the S10+ is the same trade in price as the S10, seems like we've been completely duped.

Although there's little scratch across the front of my screen anyway so they probably wouldn't accept it.

• Advertisement

Cina wrote: »
    Can't believe the S10+ is the same trade in price as the S10, seems like we've been completely duped.

Although there's little scratch across the front of my screen anyway so they probably wouldn't accept it.

Had you removed the original screen protector that came fitted on the S10+ ?
    If not it might only be a scratch on the protector.
    The trade-in for the plus should get more, but as I ,mentioned earlier in this thread.... I'd love for Samsung to explain the logic there.

Advertisement