Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Spotted a Goldfinch at the bird feeder in the back garden today. They're just beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Heated seats in the car especially with leather this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Refilled the bird feeders and the amount of birds flying in and out of it was like an airport in summer :)

Ok l’m completely lost about the meaning of Castaway :eek:

Well I suppose everyone's take is different, but mine is.
    You're swimming through life with not a care in the world when life crashes down on you (symbolised by the plane crash) which leaves you adrift (metaphorically) from everything and everyone in your life. After a length of time in isolation however, you pick up the courage to try and re-engage with the world ( leave Wilson behind). But time has moved on and the things and people you had , in your old life have also moved on. But you can't turn back time, so you're in the here and now, at a crossroads in your life. There are still several new options still open to you. Which one you choose to rejoin the world is up to you.
    Or maybe I'm just having a crisis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bins collected - full since St Stephen’s day - so a relief

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I had such a craving for bread but we ran out, and with an online shop due Thursday, I couldn't justify physically going to a shop.

Then I found a stash of part baked rolls that we had over from last lockdown :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Funny Irish headlines - that you would not see elsewhere.

"Bend so Dangerous, it's safe" Kerry Co Council - Tralee - 1958

(I saw it when watching 'The Real Field' on the RTE player they were looking through old papers from 1958 in Kerry. That headline caught my eye.)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

There's a grand stretch in the evenings - 16:30 and still bright!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It was a lovely morning- the sun over here [points thisaway] the moon over there [points thataway] and a bright blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The Robbin in the garden greeting me with their song every morning this week.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Womaned up and faced the issues that were bothering me since Saturday pm, bothering me so much so that I think I went into emotional shock. over it all.
    The person I had to deal with to get clarity was a bit preemptive and grumpy, but it's all sorted now and I can feel my energy returning and I'm almost human temperature again as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

He just took down the Christmas decorations, the house looks so much tidier with them gone.

The way the 2 vagabonds ,(11 months apart) when not killing each are really good friends. And look out for each other .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

had to take an emergency trip to the dentist this morning after I broke part of a tooth on tuesday. All fixed in under 20 minutes. thankfully injections dont bother me at all. I was sitting in the chair at the start wondering why he hadn't started. Then he asked me to take off my mask.

I have a list :D

My dad had hip replacement surgery back in the day. Something is not right and its causing severe pain in his knee. I'm delighted he has decided to go private so he can be seen quickly and it will happen in the same hospital he had the first operation.

Its almost the weekend.

I'm in "work" and its so quiet I can read my book.

A whole new series of Virgin River to watch later.

My bestie is getting a tummy tuck and while it's a bit "Jaysus really sure you are grand" I'm happy for her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Not trivial or a thing but a person. My wife. I'm so jammy. It's like I hit the bullseye. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Far from trivial for Americans, but, Donald Trump's Twitter account being permanently banned made me smile tonight. The missus is asleep, I'm still up, in front of my computer, with a bottle of whisky, relaxed and ready for a lovely long weekend off. The world has crumbled into near-oblivion, but right now, in this moment, I couldn't be more at peace with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Not trivial or a thing but a person. My wife. I'm so jammy. It's like I hit the bullseye. :)

Aw. They say a great relationship is one where both parties secretly think they got the better deal! :)

My TH is that our Tesco food delivery arrived yesterday and the house is full of lovely food :) I didn't know what to have for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Stepped in dog poo today but happy to realise it was frozen solid so it didn’t spread and stick to the sole of my shoe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Crisp cold bright days with no wind. Always seem much nicer then the auld windy dull days we seem to get most of the time.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    The way the 2 vagabonds ,(11 months apart) when not killing each are really good friends. And look out for each other .

Irish twins :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Waiting for the Chinese to arrive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Pink Panther (the film)

New Home wrote: »
    The Pink Panther (the film)

With Steve Martin?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, with Peter Sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm 26, and for the first time ever I went into a butchers and bought something myself

Don't know why I never bought anything there before, and it was only one of those 3 for €15 offers I've walked by dozens of times, we'll see if its as better than the cheaper Aldi and Tesco stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

…. turning off here and turning out the light and snuggling down the soft warm bed with a purry cat alongside.... Going going GONE!

Beat the Chasers

Just love it and now binge watching last weeks episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm 26, and for the first time ever I went into a butchers and bought something myself

Don't know why I never bought anything there before, and it was only one of those 3 for €15 offers I've walked by dozens of times, we'll see if its as better than the cheaper Aldi and Tesco stuff

Anything i have bought from the butchers has been much better than anything similar I've bought in a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Fittest Family on now.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I decided to try making Mexican chicken legs/thighs. It turned out effing lovely:)
    No cooking really, just bung them in the oven

Advertisement