Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh my God.
    Google "Quokka". An Australian animal. Cutest thing I've ever seen :)

I CANNOT beliiieeeeeve you've only just discovered quokkas!!! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to a takeaway from McDonalds later on, in lieu of my usual Friday visit to Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

New Home wrote: »
    I CANNOT beliiieeeeeve you've only just discovered quokkas!!! :):D

Me too!? Maybe I've heard of them but possibly thought it's the name of an Australian bird...
    My grandmother wrote childrens books about Australian animals so I do feel quite stupid :D

Th the continuing great weather and colourful flowers outside. Looking forward to my first year of Irish apple tree blossoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh my God.
    Google "Quokka". An Australian animal. Cutest thing I've ever seen :)

I had never heard of it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There, in case other people are missing out. :D

fg2jru16zek31.jpg
    https://i.redd.it/fg2jru16zek31.jpg

• Advertisement

Squee! :D
    I'll never tire of looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So the smiley furry animal ^^^ .. Quokka

Is it Quokka like Rocka or Quacka ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Quokka like Rocka

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Those pics of the Quokka made me very TH :D

Also TH that I got an A2 in one of my assignments :D

The McDonalds takeaway was very nice.

• Advertisement

Lovely sunset outside

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th I was walking out of our driveway going to the shop and I looked across at the green area and I see this black thing hiding behind tallish grass and I was thinking what is that? Is it a dog and then nervous tuxedo cat peeks out at me 🐱😃 a nice surprise 🐱

[IMG][/img]IMG20200320120544.jpg
    IMG20200320114133.jpg
    IMG20200320114218.jpg

We have this one armchair that's exceptionally cosy. It's the best. Everytime we decide to watch a movie or show together one of us will shout.. I'm having the armchair!!! Himself got there before me tonight and was all smug about it. Well jokes on him because the cat is already stretched out in that chair and he wouldn't dare move him! :D:D TH that cats actually do rule the world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH that cats actually do rule the world.

Amen to this 🙏🐱

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This song. There's something about it that just makes me smile. Maybe it's due to the amazing 80's sound from it. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and all the brilliant memories I have of playing it. Don't even know if the lyrics are positive or not, don't really know what it's about. Don't care. Just love the sound.

Makes me just want to go for a drive.

I think this comment sums it up:

Imagine this song blasting in the speakers of your corvette 1980 crusing down LA, Miami, Las Vegas at night in the 80's

The warmth of an electric blanket and fresh bed linen.

Goodnight and sleep well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

TH about to head out to my elderly neighbours farm.
    I'm like Little Bo Peep helping him to mind his sheep during this crisis.
    Looking at them, holding them, feeding them.
    They are adorable!

I found the last bottle of dr bronner's hand sanitiser on the planet.

Most brands cut my already wrecked hands apart. And it smells nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Boxty

I can't explain how delighted I am tucking into Boxty.

Meeting lucky the tabby and once again she bolted over to me when I called her, for the first ever she was headbutting my hand and rubbing up against me :3, never before in the two years since I first saw her has she done that 🐱😃!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having spent over a week on the phone/pm/email and practically living in arrivals.

I finally have the last of my brood safely back on Irish tarmac!

I may have to lie in a dark room and cry for some time.

* Edit, seeing this written down makes me wonder my girls have travelled so much further out into the world that the boys have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Meeting lucky the tabby and once again she bolted over to me when I called her, for the first ever she was headbutting my hand and rubbing up against me :3, never before in the two years since I first saw her has she done that ðŸ±ðŸ˜႒!

If she's headbutting your hand it's true love Seph!

Speaking to my niece and nephew over videophone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Yellow headed daffodils and the scent of wild garlic in my local park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH thinking of my Junior Infants giving their Mums their tissue paper flowers this morning. They had such fun making them in school and planning places to hide them before Mother’s Day … I hope they all remembered where they hid them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

honeybear wrote: »
    TH thinking of my Junior Infants giving their Mums their tissue paper flowers this morning. They had such fun making them in school and planning places to hide them before Mother’s Day … I hope they all remembered where they hid them!

Thanks for the TH ^ made me smile. Happy Mothers Day all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Hot toast and real butter...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have started making my own hand cleaner. Giving I do a lot of Art I have had stuff around that has been useful in ways I never had envisaged

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

This beautiful spring morning has me smiling along with a nice hot cup of tea.

• Advertisement

I sneezed out a tiny fluffy clump of orange chicken feather this morning. I've been sleeping under a 1930s eiderdown. Coincidentally my headache isn't as bad as it was, which was fairly bad. I feel a lot better without feathers in my sinuses.

Also TH clothesline drying in the sunshine.

Advertisement