Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-10-2019, 00:31   #1
BuboBubo

Broadband provider change issues.

I'll keep this short and simple as possible.

Eir broadband contract ended in July. Visited Vodafone shop in August to switch to them. Vodafone shop assistant notified Eir using my (vpn? I think) number and details. I was advised this was the best option for me as there would be no downtime/wait for connection. Two weeks later I was connected to Vodafone.

I paid my September Eir bill which covered beyond the service provided by them. But I'm after getting another bill for the usual monthly amount (€83).

An internet search throws up that I should have cancelled my service in writing, but that info seems to be for customers within a contract whereas mine has ended?

What should I do? COMREG? Back to Vodafone shop? Ring eir and spend 27 hours on hold only to be cut off... any advice welcome.

Last edited by BuboBubo; 31-10-2019 at 00:51.
Advertisement
31-10-2019, 08:25   #2
Xterminator

you were on a monthly rolling contract - as per terms and conditions.

so cancelation should have been done. Vodafone transferred your number but that doesnt mean the contract situation was resolved.

Forget about vodafone, comreg etc, its on you.

Drop into Eir or call them and ask what they can do for you. worst case scenario you give 30 days notice starting today.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion